BMW 1-Series coming soon to the U.S.

teletubby-warrior

Da Superfan
http://news.windingroad.com/body-st...urce-confirms-gti-killing-135i-for-us-market/

BMW officials confirmed to WINDING ROAD at a corporate event this week that the BMW 1-series will come to our market, and sooner than we originally thought. While official company statements have said the 1-series will be here ?within two years,? a source within the company said that?s an overstatement. On the contrary, the 1-series will be announced for our market before the end of 2007. It seems at the moment that the announcement will come this year and sales should start early in 2008.

Perhaps even bigger than this news is the fact that the 1-series will debut in our market with the company?s fabulous new twin-turbo, 3.0-liter inline-6. This is the engine found in the new BMW 335i coupe and convertible, featuring piezo direct injection and not a whiff of turbo lag. Also coming to our market will be the company?s newest naturally-aspirated 3.0-liter inline-6.

1-series cars in our market will be two-door versions only. It?s important that we stress the word ?versions? when describing the 1-series in our market, as our source confirmed there are up to 15 different concepts in Munich under discussion. For the U.S. market, the company would like to get a quick read on the viability of the car?s acceptance and then deploy one or two more models based on the same idea. In other words, the 135i and 130i could launch in two-door hatchback forms and soon thereafter we?re likely to see a two-door convertible and two-door sedan with a proper trunk.

This is the point where you?re likely to say: ?Okay, a small two-door BMW sedan with powerful engines. Do I smell a 2002 revival??

Yes, you do.

But you?ll smell it in form, only, not in engine size. A four-cylinder BMW is not scheduled for our market until, according to our source, BMW ?does a proper turbocharged four-cylinder engine.? Until that time, we?re likely to see 1-series models in our market with sixes only. Pricing for the car will have to fall smack dab between the 3-series and MINI. The pricing differential in the two six-cylinder engines described above is $5,000 dollars, so expect that same ratio for the 1-series models.

I'm genuinely excited by the thought of a twin turbo 1-series coupe... :woot:

wiill it come to canada?

edit : nevermind just read it, and it says US market

Last edited:
If the M division ever tuned a 1-series, do you think they'd still call it an M1?

I always wondered if they would tread on their history like that.

I could dig this.;)

fuck! why do we always get the crappy cars from Europe? What happen to Alfa? What happen to the Ford Focus ST and Ford Mondeo?

lets just hope it isnt as ugly as the normal 1 series and that the coupe will come to rhd countries as well

Here are some pics found on the internet albeit most of them are chops

2003077243053875581_rs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2003066049154964380_rs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2003049088099951032_rs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

z09_bmw_1_sedan.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't think they could make it look worse than the van look alike original.

Can BMW genuinely say that at no point did any of the hundreds of people involved in design and manufacturing ever point out how hideous that front end is? It looks like sloth from the goonies. The lights give it the eyes of a drag queen. Revolting.

My mum had a 116i cloth seats and pretty much base everything as a loaner while hers was being repaired under warranty (again!) and it was the biggest pile of crap ever. The seats were rock hard and my mum drives about as slow as you can and even she thought it was underpowered :eek:

You guys really don't want the 4cyl models trust me

Plus, no one with legs can get in the back seats of that thing.

Great chassis and all but the looks kill it for me and then THERES THE PRICE :shock: In Australia, those nice V6 models push up some serious dollar!

Take a look at this 1-Series. The boot is open and you can't see the BMW badge. You wouldn't think its a BMW if you didn't already know if was would you?
http://img258.imageshack.**/img258/8927/1mk8.jpg

My mum had a 116i cloth seats and pretty much base everything as a loaner while hers was being repaired under warranty (again!) and it was the biggest pile of crap ever. The seats were rock hard and my mum drives about as slow as you can and even she thought it was underpowered :eek:

You guys really don't want the 4cyl models trust me
116i, yup, thats the one that takes over 10-seconds to 100km/h :shock2:

In Australia, those nice V6 models push up some serious dollar!

V6 models you say? :p

Take a look at this 1-Series. The boot is open and you can't see the BMW badge. You wouldn't think its a BMW if you didn't already know if was would you?

I don't get it - it's a boot. What's not 'BMW' about it? I'm sure an A4 boot would look just as miscellaneous.

V6 models you say? :p
Excuse the language kiddies but FUCK, thats the 50th time I've done that :mad:

I don't get it - it's a boot. What's not 'BMW' about it? I'm sure an A4 boot would look just as miscellaneous.
It looks like a Mazda or some small Japanese hatch. An Audi A3 hatch would look much more German in a similar image (without the badge showing).

I'm sorry but I don't like the looks of it at all :dunno:

Excuse the language kiddies but FUCK, thats the 50th time I've done that :mad:
I sure there many more to come :p
It looks like a Mazda or some small Japanese hatch. An Audi A3 hatch would look much more German in a similar image (without the badge showing).

I'm sorry but I don't like the looks of it at all :dunno:

Audi A3 boot
AudiA3New111253200311320.jpg

You lost me:dunno:

Last edited:
Not that much better, I know, but the Audi looks more German or at least Euro with its deeper red lights and less clear bits. And although its not that nice, at least the rest of the design is much cleaner than the BMW's.

The BMW just looks so lost amongst the rest of the BMW lineup with that ugly rear end and those awefull front lights.

Great chassis and all but the looks kill it for me and then THERES THE PRICE :shock: In Australia, those nice V6 models push up some serious dollar!

http://img258.imageshack.**/img258/8927/1mk8.jpg

116i, yup, thats the one that takes over 10-seconds to 100km/h :shock2:

Would you prefer it if they glued a BMW badge on the inside of the boot?

The BMW just looks so lost amongst the rest of the BMW lineup with that ugly rear end and those awefull front lights.

You could say that about the 6-, 5- and 3-series, and some say it about the Z4. So really, you could say the 1-series fits into the lineup perfectly.

You could say that about the 6-, 5- and 3-series, and some say it about the Z4. So really, you could say the 1-series fits into the lineup perfectly.
True! Thanks for reminding me how ugly they are :p