US Military blows up rare LM002

I'm not Takumi

Car(s)
Toyota AE86 Corolla
Last edited:
Damn, that was no accident. Bush probably wants to go after Qaddafi soon and considering he has a bunch, they probably just wanted to test and see what explosives to use.

or they could have sold it and bought some body armor, or aid for the iraqis, but no

Guys, the thing was run down anyways. It is most likely that they didn't know what it was and even if they did there is not really much they would do. It would most likely just sit in the desert until it rotted away.

Guys, the thing was run down anyways. It is most likely that they didn't know what it was and even if they did there is not really much they would do. It would most likely just sit in the desert until it rotted away.

Yeah, the boys actually did a good deed!

Go broncos!

If it had only been an American truck, it would be called a proper use of explosives on a pointless vehicle.

(note: I wouldnt agree with that assessment, but I know the general reaction on this board...)

I've heard of stuff like this happening. Basically they can't requisition the truck for their own use, but they can't just leave it out there and let looters get to it. So, they blow it up...

Exactly why more Americans need to watch Top Gear and broaden their horizons, maybe then we'll recognize treasures like that.

I'm with jetsetter on this one. It was run down already as the article said, they're not allowed to keep it as a treasure thing so why leave it out there to rot away and be trashed? Hell, using it for explosives testing is a good thing!

From the article and the look of the photos, the car was probably buried to try to save it. I don't think Lamborghinis like being buried any more than MiGs do.

Look at it this way: with this neglected and rotting Lambo destroyed all the other well maintained examples just got more valuable.

Vietnam was one. Grenada was two. Iraq was three. They only get three chances..

:mad:

Vietnam was one. Grenada was two. Iraq was three. They only get three chances..

:mad:

Ever see Heartbreak Ridge?

Sgt. Maj. - "We're oh, one and one
Gunny - "What?"
Sgt Maj. - "The Major said to me, 'Sargent Major, we're oh, one and one. No wins, one tie, Korea; and one loss, Vietnam.' oh, one and one."

Grenada was a success, although there were some serious problems with communications. The film points out these problems and also how the ass-in-the-grass Marine found ways to overcome them and get the job done. As "Gunny" Highway said: "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."
The purpose of the invasion of Grenada was not to overthrow the new fledgling government, but to retrieve US students who were caught in the country during the coup. The operation succeeded in this goal.

Last edited:
that could of went to the next restoration rip off! lol.... probably wont of been popular.

call 0901 blah blah 2 to save saddam hussain's sons Lamborghini LM002

it would be funny to see may, hamming it up in iraq covering its back story and all the children its ran over, and then it would get no votes because the man is a definition of pure evil. then it would of been a waste of the BBC's money

blowing up saddams sons oppression mobile is probably a good thing...who'd wanna buy it considering its associations.