iPhone

Koenig

Wow, I'm giddy with excitement waiting for this phone for some reason. I've heard some people say that it's a waste of money, but after checking it out on the website and asking around, I've now made it my goal to own one when it gets released. It's also good that Rogers will be the carrier, so I don't have to get my number changed :D .

Anyone else looking forward to this phone?

I'd much rather have an N95. More features, a better camera (640x480@30fps video! :thumbsup: ), and it's not locked down to any carriers.

Its not a waste of cash, its a stupid piece of kit thats already outdated... It doesn't even have UMTS and the battery is crap and the Cam is a weak 2MP one...
And I reckon you gotta have Itunes to put mp3s on it.

Its not a waste of cash, its a stupid piece of kit thats already outdated... It doesn't even have UMTS and the battery is crap and the Cam is a weak 2MP one...
And I reckon you gotta have Itunes to put mp3s on it.

I have iTunes, my iPod is getting really old though, so this would be a nice upgrade.

phonead.jpg

<------------Someone who's clearly under Apple's spell. And no, I'm not afraid to admit it. I love Apple's stuff, just been too broke to actually get a new iPod. Meh, to me, the iPhone is that girl in you class that's clearly the hottest, but pretty much useless in every other area, not that you'd care, of course.

I'm getting a cowon d2. Doesn't have as much space as an iPod, but it play mp3, wma, ogg, acc, flac, avi with mpeg4, both xvid and divx, has video out, SD card expansion slot, a touchscreen with quality on par (if not better) than the ipod, it's smaller than a credit card, and it doesn't need crappy itunes to work. usb flashdrive ftmfw.

seriously

cowon-d2-review.jpg

How much is it going to be in ?? I might consider it over my Walkman phone, although that is a hard act to follow.

Well, 2 Gig D2s cost about $190 (95 pounds, about). 4 Gig, about $210 (105 pounds, about).

Actually, I expected it to cost $400+, at least...

I'm sold, gimmie! :mrgreen:

I'm an Apple supporter myself (as well as Windows, too) but this thing is going to cost around US$500 with a mobile contract?

Way too expensive, even if it can do music, movies and interweb.

I'd much rather have an N95. More features, a better camera (640x480@30fps video! :thumbsup: ), and it's not locked down to any carriers.

It has GPS also. My bro bought one, but I really don't think it's all that. Video and Picture quality is superb though.

http://www.istartedsomething.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/phonead.jpg

Nice one. :D

And oh.. If you want a brilliant smartphone/pocket pc, get this:

htc-p4350_02.jpg

EDIT: WM6 will soon be available for it too.. :)

Last edited:
Just checked, its $599 for the 4gb one, so that's ?305 roughly. That is expensive. Very expensive. Arguably a Walkman phone is cheaper and with the change you could buy a 8gb memory stick.

Just checked, its $599 for the 4gb one, so that's ?305 roughly. That is expensive. Very expensive. Arguably a Walkman phone is cheaper and with the change you could buy a 8gb memory stick.

You better ad some good dough on that calculated price of yours... They always make it more expensive outside the US...

And the rumour is, that they will do only 1 (ONE) carrier throughout the whole of Europe, and supposedly its T-mobile. I have T-mobile, but then I already have a 4 Gig Smartphone with a Touchscreen...

Yeah, iPhone will be carried by Cingular in the US, and Rogers in Canada.

The only providor here that has the nesecery equipment for iPhone is telstra and I read somewhere they didn't want it

^ What necessary equipment? It uses simple GSM with GPRS. That availible in Germay since 2001, and it should be in Ozzie as well...