New lancer heading to Australia? I saw one!

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
At about 3PM today while driving, I saw a Ninth generation Lancer! The badges all had black tape over them. It was a champagne/silver colour. It was turning off Tapley's Hill Road, onto Anzac Highway, towards Glenelg/Jetty Road.

Anyone else spotted any other new Lancers around Adelaide? Must be launching it over here soon..

Wish I had my camera with me though!

what?? EVO 9 came out like years ago....... it came out like end of 2005ish, and i drove one in mid 2006. You should see plenty of them on the road, unless Australia doesnt get the latest EVOs. But you guys should, at least before us, since there is a huge market demand.

^He is talking a about the base Lancer, which is on it's 9th generation.
I spotted the next WRX in West Sydney last week on Windsor Rd heading west.

I bet there'd be a few around Adelaide, considering the Mitsubishi plant is there.

The new Lancer does look like a decent car, but unfortunately I couldn't buy one, because the Lancer name, to me, has been ruined by morons in CE coupes with ghastly bodykits and clear taillights.

I bet the Ralliart will be a very popular car, though. I'm surprised that MMAL haven't considered making the new Lancer here, after all, doesn't it out-sell the locally-made 380? I'm sure there's plenty of spare production capacity at Tonsley Park, too.

At about 3PM today while driving, I saw a Ninth generation Lancer! The badges all had black tape over them. It was a champagne/silver colour. It was turning off Tapley's Hill Road, onto Anzac Highway, towards Glenelg/Jetty Road.

Anyone else spotted any other new Lancers around Adelaide? Must be launching it over here soon..

Wish I had my camera with me though!

Well it should be quite easy to spot, as all base model Lancers blow smoke and eventually end up with a cannon muffler, big wheels, a big stero and some aweful bodykit....:lol:

I'll keep my eyes out.....

Well it should be quite easy to spot, as all base model Lancers blow smoke and eventually end up with a cannon muffler, big wheels, a big stero and some aweful bodykit....:lol:

The ricers weapon of choice, silver lancer with shit body kit

forgot the altezza lights.

:lmao:

I think the reason that it actually stand out was that it WASNT blowing smoke and blinding me with it's myriad of mods! :lol: