Top gear dog ... gone ?

Ice_warmer

Search the forum, but haven't find anything related, so ... hopefully it isn't a repost.

Is that and i qoute "such a brilliant idea" that was shown on topgear.com just before the 8th series, that a 5th presenter will be on the show, that beeing the Top gear dog ... wasn't really brilliant at all, i see it as uninspired ... or disperation maybe :blink: ... neah ... and i noticed that from a few episodes (watched only the first episode of the 10th series) tg dog wasn't featured ... have they realised that it was a bad idea tg dog or something else ?

well the dog was in Hammond's ad for his new book, but TG dog was pretty useless. Only use it had was the testing of the Ford S-Max that showed there is enough space for the dog to fit in the boot.

I remember making a thread a while ago criticizing the usefulness of the Top Gear dog. And a large majority of the people were like "what?! why do you hate Top Gear?! The dog is teh pwnage! Don't let it go! You suck! DOn't watch Top Gear if you hate it! lolzzzzzskyline111!!!!!"

The fact that no one even remembered Top Gear dog is proof that it is useless and the "feigned outrage" of the fanboys at its criticism.

It was a dog are a car show. Anyone who looked at that as sheer "brilliance" and "completely groundbreaking" is an idiot. I always looked at it as a sort of Take-Your-Daughter-to-Work Day type of thing; only temporary not for the long run.

Thank god its gone, I love dogs, but having a poodle on such a "manly" show does not make sense...

"Manly"? :? Are you a lumberjack by any chance? That is the most bizarre thing I've read around here (in a very strong field, I might add)...

I'm glad she(?)'s gone, lovely dog, and accordingly - if anything bad would have happened to her, that would have been the end of the show. TG can nearly wipe out a hamster and survive, but injure an animal and it's curtains.

That's a very odd facet of British culture (and one I'm strangely proud of). We look after animals in front of most things. People resent increased taxes to prop up the NHS but will gladly give out to St. Tiggywinkles, rest home for bewildered hedgehogs. Or something.

Then again, I think we should appeal for confirmation that she's alive and well, and was not run over by Clarkson or was taken hostage by ex-Vauxhall workers?

Apparently TG Dog was the first victim of the aforementioned BBC job cuts. Hope the fella doesn't end up unemployed for too long. :cry:

TopGear Dog lives with Richard and his family, he mentions her alot in his new book.

He also says he only takes her to things that are practical, for instance the challenge when they had to grow their own fuel, although he planned to take her to the dragster runs, but she got tangled in thorns after messing about on the fuel event and had to go to the vet.
Also, his two girls are very attached to her, no doubt they miss her too :p

I still don't mind seeing the dog, and never understood why a assault was launched to get rid of her.

I have mentioned this before, but I think Top Gear Dog was a jab at Fifth Gear.

Think about it.

....Sigh....

Eh, no! Ok, so maybe I have been drinking a little....too much.

How can you give a fuck?

Top Gear Dog was the Jar Jar Binks of Top Gear.

Glad the dog is OK, however.

It was a dog are a car show. Anyone who looked at that as sheer "brilliance" and "completely groundbreaking" is an idiot. I always looked at it as a sort of Take-Your-Daughter-to-Work Day type of thing; only temporary not for the long run.

Lol, did you take that out of the game "Portal"? I'm sorry if you didn't and I just made my self look like a complete dork by asking that XD.

On topic: Top gear dog was useful for 2 things actually. The ford s-max boot space was one, and the doggles were the other. I guess her cameo and special delivery on the caravaning holiday might be counted as a 3rd use (maybe). In general I don't know how much a dog would have been useful anyways. If you had a dog that did like cars (contrary to TG dog), then i guess it could be in one of the car reviews, sticking its head out of a car with its tongue out (for a brief moment), but that'd be it. I guess they could also do a "Does top gear dog approve or disprove of this car" and see if the dog would like it but who'd watch that lol.