Ford GT Vs. Ducati 1098

No video? Knowing next to nothing about bikes, I foresaw the outcome.

I have nothing against bikes, but

I have nothing against bikes, but

what is it about bikers that always makes them feel as though they HAVE to be better then people driving cars? Is it just that insecure people ride motorcycles more often?, i doubt that personally.

Please get back with me on that.

Another way of asking: I personally have have found that all the cars i have enjoyed most of all weren't nessasarily the fastest cars by any means, so why is it that bikers always have to be the fastest or loudest, or having "the most fun." I have never seen such insecurities displayed through overinflated egos as i have with motorcycle riders. If bikes are soo great then really, why do you all have to go on and on and on and on about how much better then cars they are?

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Noone claims bikes are "better" than cars; they're two completely different worlds.

I've never met an 'insecure' rider. I won't dispute the ego critique, but the car vs. bike competitiveness is an endless debate, this is just another volley in the battle for performance supremacy. Even Top Gear has played host to it. Both four and two wheels have pro's and con's.

Its not like bikers 'hate' cars; usually those on two wheels have just as much admiration for a nice car as they do for a bike.

I'm so over this bike vs car bullshit - it proves nothing at all. They're totally different vehicles for christ's sake.

what is it about bikers that always makes them feel as though they HAVE to be better then people driving cars? Is it just that insecure people ride motorcycles more often?, i doubt that personally.

Please get back with me on that.

Another way of asking: I personally have have found that all the cars i have enjoyed most of all weren't nessasarily the fastest cars by any means, so why is it that bikers always have to be the fastest or loudest, or having "the most fun." I have never seen such insecurities displayed through overinflated egos as i have with motorcycle riders. If bikes are soo great then really, why do you all have to go on and on and on and on about how much better then cars they are?
I think the thing with bikers having to be better than people in cars comes mainly from how the different vehicles are used. When I'm on my bike I'm out there riding for the fun of it. My Rover is essentially just used as a utility vehicle. I (usually) don't go out and drive it for the sake of driving it. I feel more connected to the road and closer to everything while on the bike. When I'm in a car I get the sense that I'm just in a car.

The danger factor comes into play with the whole ego thing, especially for racing. If you mess up a corner in a car odds are you'll either just spin out or end up on the run off area or the grass. If you make the same mistake on the bike odds are you're going to be meeting the pavement much sooner than you had expected too.

As for bikers always having to have the fastest or the loudest, that irritates me to no end. I hate loud pipes with the undying energy of a thousand suns. I don't mean to sound egotistical but those idiots who swerve in and out of traffic at way above the speed limit give all motorcyclists a bad name. My bike is slow and probably quieter than our lawnmower and I love it that way. We go on and on about the fun of motorcycling because it's our hobby. I know a lot of people who say they don't like driving. I have yet to meet someone who has been on a motorcycle and didn't say they absolutely loved it. As Blind_Io said having a motorcycle is like being "addicted to crack". That's very true. Also, it's hard to get that enthusiastic about the car that takes you to and from work and the shops. But at the same time I don't go around saying cars are completely useless and totally inferior to bikes. It's quite nice having doors and a heater this time of year.

I really want to ride my bike right now!

I'm so over this bike vs car bullshit - it proves nothing at all. They're totally different vehicles for christ's sake.

So is a Veyron and a Cessna, or a Scarab and a Benz GL, or a 612 and a train...

Catch my drift?

Competition is nothing without variety of participants, its what makes Nascar boring and Gumball exciting.

So is a Veyron and a Cessna, or a Scarab and a Benz GL, or a 612 and a train...

Those comparisons are done for pure entertainment value. The bike vs car thing gets taken far too seriously by people - that's why I'm over it.

Those comparisons are done for pure entertainment value. The bike vs car thing gets taken far too seriously by people - that's why I'm over it.

Agreed. This question usually arises because if you're looking for thrills, or performance, a superbike offers much more for much less money, but they are indeed VERY different.
And yes, I admire them both: my dream garage would have a MV Agusta and a Lambo Murcielago SV :lol:

What are you talking about? Noone claims bikes are "better" than cars; they're two completely different worlds.

I've never met an 'insecure' rider. I won't dispute the ego critique, but the car vs. bike competitiveness is an endless debate, this is just another volley in the battle for performance supremacy. Even Top Gear has played host to it. Both four and two wheels have pro's and con's.

Its not like bikers 'hate' cars; usually those on two wheels have just as much admiration for a nice car as they do for a bike.

well you sound like a very reasonable guy, i just happen to come across bike message boards and sometimes people go on and on about how people who drive cars for fun have peas for brains and should be shot. I suppose those are the people i'm targeting with my rant.

Kajun-thats a good description as any i've read, and i do love seeing bikers as i usually get the sense there on the road to enjoy themselves (even if there riding a slow as balls harley, which at least looks and sounds cool.) I really do love the spirit of freedom some bikers try to bring to the road, but then i always get the sense that theres a other half that just has issues with penis size and needs something that they can claim i faster then a Enzo so that they don't get all suicidal.

Bike vs. a car is kinda like a PC vs. Game console, like 2 cans of petrol in a sea of fire.

well you sound like a very reasonable guy, i just happen to come across bike message boards and sometimes people go on and on about how people who drive cars for fun have peas for brains and should be shot. I suppose those are the people i'm targeting with my rant.

Kajun-thats a good description as any i've read, and i do love seeing bikers as i usually get the sense there on the road to enjoy themselves (even if there riding a slow as balls harley, which at least looks and sounds cool.) I really do love the spirit of freedom some bikers try to bring to the road, but then i always get the sense that theres a other half that just has issues with penis size and needs something that they can claim i faster then a Enzo so that they don't get all suicidal.

You speak the truth. Much like sports cars, sportbikes attract that 'Type-A' personality crowd - hyperagressive, dominant types. You'll see a lot of that chatter on bike forums, where a lot of it stems from frustration of 'cagers' (car drivers) driving too slow, or not seeing them, or not signaling, etc, etc.

Personally, I like seeing the bike vs. car debate in action, rather than just a bunch of theories. Especially when its a close match, with the best machines of both worlds, and they're so freakin' close in terms of performance that it keeps you on edge.

I might be repeating myself here, but what is the fascination with the 1098? Sure it looks fantastic but it's hideously expensive and no as fast as a japanese bike.. And it's Italian with everything that comes with that..