Lokitorrent.com is gone :(

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
There are websites that provide legal downloads. This is not one of them.

This website has been permanently shut down by court order because it facilitates the illegal downloading of copyrighted motion pictures. The illegal downloading of motion pictures robs thousands of honest, hard-working people of their livelihood, and stifles creativity. Illegally downloading movies from sites such as these without proper authorization violates the law, is theft, and is not anonymous. Stealing movies leaves a trail. The only way not to get caught is to stop.

-----------

Sad :thumbsdown:

bummer. But there are others :)

I guess it was a great manouvre they made. Requesting money for legal support and now shuting down.

bihus said:
I guess it was a great manouvre they made. Requesting money for legal support and now shuting down.

Moves like that made it even more illegal... It sped up banning...

Er... *cancels a certain torrent that happens to be using the lokitorrent.com tracker*

Oh shit, oh shit...

Quick, how do I edit my hosts file so that tracker.lokitorrent.com goes to la-la land? (Azurues caches the seeds/peers list.)

[edit] Nevermind. Thank you Google for my host's file location. Redirected tracker.lokitorrent.com to 192.168.0.1. Hopefully some people will still be on the torrent and hopefully I didn't get owned by the MPAA. :| [/edit]

Hopefully my isp isn't going to give those people my address :yucky:

Though mine is known for being a hardass in those situations.

I dunno which torrents i got from that webiste and i need to clear IP or something

:lol: americans have to fear all this crap and because of them all this stuff gets closed down :thumbsdown:

For anyone worried about Lokitorrent's logs

http://www.torrent-news.com/archives/news/000064.php

It's Official Lokitorrent was NOT shutdown by a Court Order!

Published: February 17, 2005 13:33 GMT Posted by IH on Feb. 17 First of all, for those scared of big brother reading Lokitorrent's server logs: Loki?s Map Leads MPAA on Road to Nowhere (source: Slyck) Secondly, I got off the phone with someone at EFF this morning. Regarding the Lokitorrent case, so far no US court records are found for any lawsuit / trial that were filed between the MPAA and Lokitorrent.

A court order (as mentioned on Lokitorrent's shutdown notice) MAY have been made to validate the settlement between them, but the million USD fine, site shutdown, and turnover of server logs appears to be a VOLUNTARY and private settlement between them, rather than a trial happening and ruling passed to require Lokitorrent for such. What deal did the MPAA give Lokitorrent for them to take the fall remains unknown. As for the donations that went to Lokitorrent's legal defense fund, until we see a refund to donators, we can conclude that it was a scam.

The importance of this is that what happened to Lokitorrent sets no legal precedent for P2P developers and service operators like isoHunt.com. More legal research is underway, I'll update as I learn more.

isoHunt.com isn't exactly a news source, but I think this is important that this is made known. Feel free to re-distribute whatever here on other publications.

FROM TORRENT NEWS: I to have finally received a reply form the EFF and just as they told isohunt, their is no court records, there was no judgement. The agreement was a private agreement between the parties. There is no way to know what the terms were but obviously they were of some benefit to LokiTorrent for him to sink his site and hand over his logs...

Torrent-News.com is good stuff. Was talking to the owner the other day. :thumbup:

Lokitorrent are scum they faked there own shutdown and took peoples money. Then they sold there trackers to feds and took more money..
SCUM

Any documentation to support these alligations, and this thread bump? :huh: