Jeremy and the Vectra

spamman

Car(s)
1989 SAAB 900i; 1997 BMW E36 323i
Everytime I hear either the Vectra or Clarkson mentioned anywhere, I always hear about his infamous review of it. I have never seen or read any of it, but from what I can tell, it was quite venomous.

Does anybody have a transcript of his review or an article that he wrote or even just describe the fall out it caused? It does sound like he really tore Vauxhall a new one and I would love to actually read/see the thing.

I seem to remember him really bashing the turning circle - but I can't remember the actual review - it was a long time ago

Theres one right on the top gear site.

Probably his most acidic review earlier,although the mid 90's Toyota Corolla came in close

He started off 'This is the new Vauxhall Vectra' and talk for a bit about the weather,mobile phone rings,'oh right I better go for a drive' driving along and makes some interesting observations,such as pressing the pedal on the right makes it go faster and pressing the 1 on the far left makes it go slower. You get the general idea........

I drive the new Vectra. Its not the best car in the world, but i really can't see anything wrong with it. Especially when you bare the price in mind, the car's a bargain!

Wooptidoop said:
I drive the new Vectra. Its not the best car in the world, but i really can't see anything wrong with it. Especially when you bare the price in mind, the car's a bargain!

the ONLY wrong thing about the new vectra is stiff ride and cheap interior.

otherwise thumbs up

VUK said:
Wooptidoop said:

otherwise thumbs up

I don't think this was about the new Vectra. From what I have read this was on old Top Gear.

It's not that cheap, specially after the recent facelift (looks more like an Astra, by the way)...

i beleive the review in question is the one from the 90's that got JC in trouble... id like to see it as well

VUK said:
Wooptidoop said:

otherwise thumbs up

Yeah, the ride is a bit stiffish. But I love the interior though: nice and simple and all you need.

Is this the review where he said the only good thing about the Vectra was the coat hook? There's a guarantee for a quality "repmobile" :mrgreen:

In his Most Outrageous video he keeps showing his joy whenever a BTCC Vectra gets passed or smashed, too.

I remember the review.

He didn't even drive it, he just said that if Vauxhall couldn't be bothered to design it why should he be bothered to review it. And then walked off the screen.

When they first came out they were a bit pants in comparison to the Cavilier it replaced.

However I think they're quite good cars now.

Matthew

I remember he done a Review on the old Vectra.

It was on top Gear and It was about the Vauxhall Vectra ST200.

The only i can remember of it was the up beat music they played during when he was driving it.

ST is a Ford badge

L, LS, CDX, SXI, LX, SRI & GSI and VXR were Vectra badges.

qube said:
ST is a Ford badge

L, LS, CDX, SXI, LX, SRI & GSI and VXR were Vectra badges.

ST is the Acronym for "Super Touring".

There was the Vauxhall Vectra Super Touring in 1996, it was a limited special series.

Don't remember that one.

the 96 Vectra was awful though.

My brother has a 2001 GSI, 192PS fantastic car, won't hear a bad word about it.

bilo said:
It's not that cheap, specially after the recent facelift (looks more like an Astra, by the way)...

those lights don't fit at all on that car, they looked pretty nice on the astra, but they are way to big for the vectra

opel-vectra-06-1.JPG

i think i've seen this car in real, but i would have no idea where, or even wether it's already possible i've seen it, anyways it was ugly as hell

qube said:
When they first came out they were a bit pants in comparison to the Cavilier it replaced.

can some one interpret that for me? :D it is not on my list of english slang.

also, the review must have been bad, i thought the most horrible review ever was the "Pacific Rim" set of reviews that ended with the washing machine car. [/b]