Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [02x07] September 4, 2011

Car(s)
    96 Honda Accord LX w/ 3 pedals

[02x07] September 4, 2011

Beating Tanner
    Adam and Rutledge decide to teach Tanner a lesson in a series of challenges aimed at embarrassing him.

Car(s)
    Bombardier R62A
    REALLY? GIVE ME A BREAK. sorry, caps lock needed there.

Tanner can be a bit smug sometimes, IMO, so I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Io
    Comic Sans is the font of Satan.

Haven't they learned from the Drifting/Blind Guy power-slide skit they did in season 1? This reeks of bullying.

Car(s)
    Dodge Dakota, Chrysler Lebaron convertible
    I think it'll work fine. All they have to do is make fun of Tanner, give him some nutso things to do, and as long as he succeeds 51% of the time everyone comes out ahead. Maybe they'll make Tanner cry! That would be tremendous...

Quote Originally Posted by bryanbeachboy1970 View Post
    I think it'll work fine. All they have to do is make fun of Tanner, give him some nutso things to do, and as long as he succeeds 51% of the time everyone comes out ahead. Maybe they'll make Tanner cry! That would be tremendous...
    ....and pretty much question why these three folks were even brought together in the first place. I thought one of the continuing arguments about the show is that the show's hosts need to be a cohesive chummy unit, like the three hosts on the UK show? Yet, we have two of the hosts picking on another host for some "abnormality" or "quirk." It's one thing if it's done "naturally" (i.e. Clarkson ramming his crap-can into May during a challenge, Hammond and May sabotaging Clarkson somehow), but to blatantly advertise the bullying? Yeah, not cool.

Car(s)
    '98 Buick Century
    Looking at the preview shown, it's a case of them trying to find SOMEthing that Tanner can't drift. Is that a bad thing?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by theiceisalie View Post
    ....and pretty much question why these three folks were even brought together in the first place. I thought one of the continuing arguments about the show is that the show's hosts need to be a cohesive chummy unit, like the three hosts on the UK show? Yet, we have two of the hosts picking on another host for some "abnormality" or "quirk." It's one thing if it's done "naturally" (i.e. Clarkson ramming his crap-can into May during a challenge, Hammond and May sabotaging Clarkson somehow), but to blatantly advertise the bullying? Yeah, not cool.
    You do realize TG UK is scripted, right? And that Clarkson writes many of the scripts? At least the US hosts are not suicidal idiots like James May in the last Christmas special when he ignored and or was just plain ignorant of even the most basic vehicle recovery techniques. Maybe Hammond and Clarkson didn't know how dangerous the recovery attempt was.

And, evidently the entire TG UK crew didn't see that May was going to hurt himself.

No TG UK cameraman saw how dangerous the angle of the attempted recovery was or noticed where James was standing?

You think the US hosts bully? I think the UK presenters and entire crew wanted to see May dead.
    Last edited by Beech18; August 30th, 2011 at 9:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beech18 View Post
    You think the US hosts bully?
    At this point, I think the US hosts need to establish beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are just three "guy's guys" and need to establish abit of a rapport with both each other and the audience. Malicious acts of trying to sabotage each other needs to be saved for a later season.

Also, seeing the previews.....who the hell wrote the lead intro, History Channel? If so, then that was extremely misleading and inflammatory.

Banned
    At this point, I think the US hosts need to establish beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are just three "guy's guys" and need to establish abit of a rapport with both each other and the audience. Malicious acts of trying to sabotage each other needs to be saved for a later season.

Also, seeing the previews.....who the hell wrote the lead intro, History Channel? If so, then that was extremely misleading and inflammatory.
    Really? Really? (Notice how I'm channeling Rutledge?) "Malicious acts of sabotage?" It's a TV show. I and the rest of the audience know it's a TV show. It's a fun TV show. This is the the second season for the original cast (a stunt not pulled off by TGUK or TGAUS). I think the guys have built enough of a rapport to kid around.

Your use of the term "guy's guys" scares me. I'm not from San Francisco.

Please explain what you mean by extremely misleading and inflammatory lead intro. I have no idea what you are blathering about.

I predict "Really? Really?" will become the "Powerrrr!" of TGUS.
    Last edited by Beech18; September 2nd, 2011 at 1:34 AM.

Car(s)
    I thought one of the continuing arguments about the show is that the show's hosts need to be a cohesive chummy unit?
    Um, have you and your friends never picked on each other? Made fun of each other? Tormented each other mercilessly? Challenged each other to do stupid, stupid things?

In guy's guy land (or whatever) that's not bullying, that's called friendship and support. Basically, it's Adam and Rut's way of saying, "Hey man, we love you and respect your talents, though we will never say so out loud, and we show our love and respect by totally trying to pants you and give you a swirly on national television. We know you can take the abuse/love with only a minimum of bitchery and we will all emerge from it stronger, both individually and as a group. Kumbaya." Or some shit like like that.

Seriously, bullying?! This isn't going to lead to Tanner getting all emo and then bringing a gun to school, it's just two guys challenging their talented friend and seeing if they can beat him. Lighten up!

Banned

In guy's guy land (or whatever) that's not bullying.....
    Whatever it may be, I'll bet it's illegal in San Francisco.

Car(s)
    Whatever it may be, I'll bet it's illegal in San Francisco.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/10-...-san-francisco

Car(s)
    06 Mustang
    I didn't know San Francisco was communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiba17 View Post
    I didn't know San Francisco was communist.
    ... where have you been, and how bad was the rent for that rock?

Car(s)
    06 Mustang
    I only know two facts about San Francisco and they are both wrong.

Um, have you and your friends never picked on each other? Made fun of each other? Tormented each other mercilessly? Challenged each other to do stupid, stupid things?
    If you mean by saying "Drifiting Sucks!!' and trying to stick me into every friggin' conveyance with an internal combustion engine......no.

Car(s)
    If you mean by saying "Drifiting Sucks!!' and trying to stick me into every friggin' conveyance with an internal combustion engine......no.
    Then you should get more friends. This is normal. Any other guys agree with me on this? Anyone? Bueller?

At least the US hosts are not suicidal idiots like James May in the last Christmas special when he ignored and or was just plain ignorant of even the most basic vehicle recovery techniques. Maybe Hammond and Clarkson didn't know how dangerous the recovery attempt was.

And, evidently the entire TG UK crew didn't see that May was going to hurt himself.

No TG UK cameraman saw how dangerous the angle of the attempted recovery was or noticed where James was standing?

You think the US hosts bully? I think the UK presenters and entire crew wanted to see May dead.
    Emphasis added. Do you really believe that load of unadulterated, moronic, idiotic, limp-wristed bullshit you typed?

If they really wanted to see James dead, why the hell did Jeremy say in interviews that he was concerned they were going to have a repeat of what happened with Richard after his crash in 2006? Why did the all rush straight to James' side after he fell? You wouldn't do that to someone you wanted to see dead. You'd just leave the person there. What you saw was a rare moment when they weren't "in character". No way in hell would any of them take a bump on the head lightly.

It was a freak accident. They really didn't see it coming. Not the crew. Not Richard. Not Jeremy. And not James.

Meanwhile, some of you need to acquaint yourselves with the concept of "kayfabe".

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Io
    Comic Sans is the font of Satan.

Then you should get more friends. This is normal. Any other guys agree with me on this? Anyone? Bueller?
    All my friends are 2D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information