Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Suggestions / Issues

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    2008 Dodge Viper, 2001 Mustang GT

Forum Suggestions / Issues

People kept using the site suggestions thread for forum suggestions, so I thought I'd make a seperate thread for the forum.
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Car(s)
    Volvo V40
    Found a tiny little thing while looking in the entertainment forum, there is a line missing between the flame and the text in the LFS forum.

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    It's supposed to be like that. The vertical line is only for subforums.

Check this out: http://forums.finalgear.com/#general-discussion
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Car(s)
    '06 Honda Element
    is there a way so as to only show unviewed posts since the last time i visited, not every unviewed post from previous sessions?

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnutsc View Post
    is there a way so as to only show unviewed posts since the last time i visited, not every unviewed post from previous sessions?
    No. You'll need to just start getting used to using the "Mark Forums Read" feature which will clear that list out. It can be found in the quick links at the top or at the bottom of the forum home.

Car(s)
    Looking for one.
    If the forum text looks too huge to you (like for me) I've put a Firefox+Greasemonkey script here:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/6133

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    1600x1200

Car(s)
    Looking for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper007Bond View Post
    1600x1200
    1920x1440 is my regular rez. Here's what it looks like: PIC

Doesn't it look like rubbish?

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    Woah, indeed it does.

Have you tried hitting control + 0 (reset font size to 100%)?

Car(s)
    Looking for one.
    That is at 100% font size in Firefox 2.0. Screen DPI's not what is assumed to be in Windows -- I'm running at a higher dots-per-inch setting (about 135 dpi). Windows usually is around 96 dpi.

Turns out vBulliten uses points instead of pixel heights for fonts.

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    No it doesn't. Look at the CSS file. There's only one or two font size declarations that are in pt form.

And it's not my fault if you're running a higher DPI. Best I can suggest is you press control and minus a few times to shrink the fonts.

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STrRedWolf View Post
    If the forum text looks too huge to you (like for me) I've put a Firefox+Greasemonkey script here:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/6133
    BTW, have you tried Stylish? It's like Greasemonkey, but meant strictly for CSS rather than Javascript. It's a lot easier to code for if you're just hacking away at how a site looks.

Car(s)
    Looking for one.
    I did, as well as slap it through Firefox's DOM Inspector. I ended up adjusting the CSS styles for the P, TD, TH, LI, STRONG, and TEXTAREA tags as well as the "tcat," "alt2," "bginput," and "bigusername" CSS style classes.

Besides, the Font zoom options affects the browser and doesn't carry over to new tabs. If I pull up, say, Slashdot, I don't have to do any major font adjustments. Spacing adjustments, though....

Car(s)
    Looking for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper007Bond View Post
    BTW, have you tried Stylish? It's like Greasemonkey, but meant strictly for CSS rather than Javascript. It's a lot easier to code for if you're just hacking away at how a site looks.
    I looked at it, and said "I might as well just use Greasemonkey anyway."

SV
    Car(s)
    '03 BA Ford Falcon XR6
    Not a big problem i guess but i just noticed that on the vB code page one of the things is in the wrong place.
    It says YouTube Video with Custom title twice, once for the google code.

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    Oh, whoops!

Car(s)
    Acura RSX Type S

Suggestion

Custom User titles?? Or is that reserved for moderators?

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksoup View Post
    Custom User titles?? Or is that reserved for moderators?
    It was decided in another thread that only moderators should be able to set them.

Car(s)
    TOYOTA Yaris
    My avatar works, but my sig doesn't. It is corect size and everything, but it doesint show.

Lazy Head Dude
    FinalGear.com Owner
    Car(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XYZviper View Post
    My avatar works, but my sig doesn't. It is corect size and everything, but it doesint show.
    You have to enter [sigpic] or something like that in your sig where you want it to show up.

I'm going to turn off that feature though. Having people use ImageShack and the likes is just easier.

Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information