uTorrent RSS Feed Guide
This guide will walk you through making all torrents released by this site automatically download to your computer. Great for if you're away from your computer when the episode is released!
(If you don't already have µTorrent, then download it now.)
Guide For µTorrent 1.8+
This is insanely easy to do starting with µTorrent 1.8. There are literally only two steps:
- Click on the "Add RSS Icon" icon in your toolbar.
- For the Feed URL, enter this: http://www.finalgear.com/feed/torrents/sd/
To make your life easier, tick the "Custom Alias" box and enter "FinalGear".
Under "Subscription", select "Automatically download items published in feed" so that all new items in the feed automatically download. You can leave the "Use smart episode filter" unchecked as it doesn't apply here (it controls if old episodes download or not, but I don't add those to the feed).
If you wish to download only certain shows (for example, Top Gear only), then under "Subscription" leave that as not automatically download. Then click on the feed on the left side, right-click the show you want to automatically download, and click "Add to Favorites".
If you need to get to the "RSS Downloader" screen, right-click "All Feeds" in the left pane there and select the RSS Downloader.
Guide For µTorrent 1.7.x And Older
- Click on the RSS Downloader icon in your toolbar.
- Click on the "Add" button to add the feed.
- Enter the following into the box:
- Click the "Favorites" tab and then the "Add" button to add a new filter.
- Pick a label for the filter ("FinalGear" will do, but it doesn't matter) and then fill in the "Filter Settings".
Putting * in the "Filter" field will make all new items download (i.e. if you want all shows we release). If you only want Top Gear, then enter "Top Gear" into this box.
For feed, pick the "FinalGear" feed so that you don't accidentally download all items from other feeds or whatnot.
"Give download highest priority" will add the torrent to the top of your queue.
The label field is just for automatically giving the torrent a label so you can more easily sort your torrents.
- Click the "Releases" tab, pick "FinalGear" from the dropdown if it's not already selected, and then click the "Update Now" button to refresh your feeds.
- That should make all episodes in the feed start downloading. You probably already have all of those so you'll need to stop and delete them from your client (select them all -> right-click -> remove and -> delete .torrent + data). The next time a new release comes out, your client will automatically start downloading that new torrent.
- Sit back and relax!
Questions? Post here!
Last edited by Viper007Bond; July 25th, 2011 at 9:41 PM.
____________________________My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible
(summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe
(winter car & grocery getter) There is no replacement for displacement.
- Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10 ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
- Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005