Votes: 20 20.4%

Votes: 6 6.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
I'm the opposite. The only celebrity I have never heard of was the British(?) one that was laying in the studio.

Carol Vorderman. She was a guest on Top Gear wayyy back.

8.5/10 from me. They lost a whole point on all the tent segments being pretty crummy and poorly scripted, and another half point on the 918/P1/LaFerrari scene, it was just meh in terms of content (cinematography was on point as always). Loved the opening with the Mustangs, though I do wish we could hear their thoughts on their respective versions.

Huh?

You live in the US and don't know who Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye in the Avengers movies, also played in a Bourne Movie) and Armie Hammer (Winklevoss twins in the Facebook movie, and also Lone Ranger) are?

I'm the opposite. The only celebrity I have never heard of was the British(?) one that was laying in the studio.

Yup, no idea. I'm not into "action" movies; I'm assuming the Avengers thing is a superhero comic book thing - yeah, not into that either. I don't even know what the Facebook movie is, and never watched the Lone Ranger movie.

Yup, no idea. I'm not into "action" movies;

Don't mind me...I just find this oddly ironic coming from someone named "Jack Bauer" with Kiefer Sutherland as his avatar. :lol:

I'm not sure if I didn't just get lured into your well of sarcasm. :blink:

Don't mind me...I just find this oddly ironic coming from someone named "Jack Bauer" with Kiefer Sutherland as his avatar. :lol:

I'm not sure if I didn't just get lured into your well of sarcasm. :blink:

24 had a plot, it was well acted, well produced, well directed. The few action movies I've seen are the complete opposite. Maybe they're different than they used to be.

A longtime reader just subscribed just to tell you that: I'm happy. :)

I think most of the TopGear faithful and mega fans are being overly critical and negative. While some segments didn't work for me personally I think it is only because we've seen how good of quality these three can produce and they have to strive to NOT be like TopGear. This first show was 10x better than 95% of all Fifth Gear and just about any other motoring show.

While I didn't love the entire body of work I do love it overall. The cinematography was absolutely brilliant as was the audio (not the music). Loved that they ditched the star segment and liked the silly banter with the audience. I really liked the tent atmosphere because it feels like they are closer to their fan base and more interactive. The new track was odd, but, I'm going to give it a chance. So overall I'm giving it a sold 8.0, and half of that was those three hypercars finally dueling it out. Lastly, the opening sequence was a masterpiece.

Something I noticed in the iOS Amazon Video app while using AirPlay to my Apple TV. All the music used on the show is marked with a time stamp.

doW4Q5F.png
Hm, exactly as I speculated some months ago....

Nice feature, but it's missing some commercially available songs for some reason. There will be additional songs posted in a new Grand Tour What's the song forum coming soon...

Last edited:
I liked it overall my only criticism is Skinner was Ward Burton, John Andretti, Johnny Benson, Joe Nemechek, Ricky Rudd, Ted Musgrave etc not available for the show? It is unfortunate Dick Trickle died in 2013 he would have been perfect with a cigarette in his mouth like he use to do under caution periods in the 80s.

Of all the US drivers how did they end up with him?

They should get Skinner to do a lap of the track in his Goodwood truck.

Last edited:
Yup, no idea. I'm not into "action" movies; I'm assuming the Avengers thing is a superhero comic book thing - yeah, not into that either. I don't even know what the Facebook movie is, and never watched the Lone Ranger movie.

dude, if you're not into the bigger budget movies, why are you even surprised, or have to comment, you don't know celebrities?

My 2 cents.

Track intro + M2 was way to fast. Jezza didn't sold me on M2, especialy when its been heavily kicked around by the 'mericans and some europeans.
Track seems interesing but isnt all that great showcase for the cars performance. Chicago and Hammerhead on TGTT are one of the best corners where you can show with a TV camera how sorted a car is. This track doesnt.
American... well its amazons choice it seems, couldn't do nothing about it. Somebody younger with an active career would probably be better. Skinner will be 60+ in the third season ffs.
The whole trinity thing is a bit meh, becuse the shots on track have been done on the same level by Chris Harris on Cars. And his video is more "anoraky", then this, so it was just a rewatch pretty much.

Becuse they probably made trinity happen I give this 8/10.

Last edited:
So, do we have to change the forum name to FinalTour?
That sounds a bit like a funeral to me :D
He probably does for legal reasons. It's probably entirely fitting that he's not very eloquent in the circumstances...
Dude, you really belive everything you read on the internet? :)

The celebrity segment was a bit cringey but I'm pretty sure that was the point - to beat that horse until it was assuredly dead so nobody would ever ask why they didn't carry forward the celebrity segment (which, frankly, I suspect was forced on them by the beeb anyway).
I know bashing the beep is all the hotness these days, but Clarkson and Wilman talked in length about how they developed SIARPC in several interviews ("Imagine TOM CRUISE doing a lap!")...

To the show itself - the "fight with the audience part" was as stupid as "THe American". The rest of it was on par with latter-season CHM Top Gear, but not quite back up to the level of the golden season...

I really must be the only guy that liked 'The American' bit right? Well that figures.....you bunch of damn pinko communists!

Yes I know it was a yoke....but like all funny things there is a grain of thruth in it.

Last edited:
They've been overdoing it, it's not needed and it distracts from the good parts.

It was just as good as I expected and I'm looking forward to more episodes :)

The wait is finally over, a good solid beginning of the new series. There was always excitement when a new season of TG began but the opening sequence of this new GT was really good, however not sure where the "alleged" $2.5million go. Liked the cinematography of the filmed segments. The tent studio segments need improvement. Also CHM seemed a bit nervous and edgy; they need to relax a bit. I'm sure as they film more segments in the tent, it will get better.

Too superficial, I like the old fashioned TG reviews where they sort of find the heart and soul (or lack of thereof) of a car. Or mocking about with the same ingredients; like in Vietnam.

Quite funny anyway, I liked "the american" jokes.

all in all 6/10. The entry was pretty cool. I assume it will get better.

Great to see them together again though.