Votes: 20 20.4%

Votes: 6 6.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
I enjoyed it for the most part. The American REALLY doesn't need to talk. He drives fine, but he talks like shit. I think he was supposed to be funny. He wasn't.

Really nice to see how guininely happy they seemed. I think they do need to relax some though, but with what is on their shoulders I understand some apprehension and nerves to.

The filming was great. Colors really pop. I had someone trying to talk to me so I need to watch again. I give 8/10.

I Streamed it to my Note 4 over wifi with no problems at all.

After all I have been thru this year, I am just happy I am still alive to see it. Worth the wait.

Can't wait for the next show.

I loved the opening sequence.
I liked the soundtrack (dunno if it fit in the opening sequence's script and the live band, or just a nice song).

I didn't like the track.
I didn't care for the racing driver('s comments).
I don't like the digital scoreboard, it just reminds me of the Fifth Gear's one which was boring and they ditched it (but I understand why/that they couldn't use any variation of the old one).
The Holy Trinity - either I saw already too much of them, or the GT was severely restricted in what they could do/show. I found this segment quite boring. Also my hate for Ferrari (as a company) got even stronger - pretending that wasn't a factory prepared car after all the bullshit that went on TG? fucking cheap cheats.

I consider this an average episode (by TG standards) at best, but I really enjoyed watching them and I am very glad the boys are back.

I want more!

was it really 70 minutes running time?
it felt like it was just about 10 minutes.

yes, the track is weird and the driver comments are a bit out of place, but it isn't Top Gear.
So we need some time to get used to the new segments.

The jokes were funny, the cars were nice, the whole camerawork was amazing.
It was like i was watching the show for decades. And it is still fresh. thats what i love about those guys. they know how to keep it fresh. no matter if Top Gear or TGT. amazing stuff.

I WANT MORE!

PS: also the shouting of Jezza was funny. not annoying like the other guy, who can't be named of the other show :lol:

Last edited:
All I can say is they're back!!!

Ok, the films, just as good, if not better than the BBC, it really felt like I was watching Top Gear, so no complaints there, the tent segments, thats where it was, just kind of awkard I guess you can say, while still enjoyable, it felt off, while not being the first tent filming, it felt like it. The killing off of the star segment was funny, but dragged on a bit, and the new leader board , going to take some getting use too. For the new track, its different.

Overall , it was Top Gear without calling it Top Gear, and I was expecting that, but the one that really stood out, was you could tell that genially, all three seem to be happy and refreshed to be doing the new show, more so with Clarkson.

So all I can say is I am looking forward to the next 35 episodes.

Well, it was certainly better than the first episodes of new new Top Gear, but not quite there yet. That's understandable though, as skylock wrote they are under quite some pressure to deliver.

The cinematography is top notch, the conclusion of the holy trinity drag race wasn't really surprising for me, but good to see that they didn't just show one drag race and told us "x is the winner". The tent segments will definitely be different every time, not necessarily better than the ones before because there is such a difference in international audience vs. mainly british audience in the Top Gear studio segments.

What stood out is the camaradery which we all grew accustomed to and love. Of course there were some more and some less scripted segments, but overall the chemistry is there.

7.5/10 for me, I hope they'll come up with some new original segments to make the show a bit different.

Well, what can I say, yep, I loved it, I actually found myself smiling during parts of it, the few times they "played" with the old show was enjoyable, the only negative for me was the whole house bet, with it being public knowledge that his house was blown up to make way for a new house, it gave away the result of the test, other than that, great show....And Carol Vorderman still looks good to me.

The house is already demolished... With explosives. If his neighbors weren't a fan of Clarkson, they most certainly aren't now.

This is what it looked like:
107986835_Clarkson_Curdle_Hill_Farmhouse-NEWS-xlarge_trans++UtXlKbYtwFBjdh1u0E5ZjLOjflRvZHtAGruhp1VlwJQ.jpg

After Hammond and May did their thing:
381E1A1700000578-0-image-a-119_1473420965166.jpg

Of course it was all planned. Clarkson demolished it to give room for a new 12000 square feet luxury home:
107986844_Drawing_submitted_to_planners_of_Clarkson-NEWS-large_trans++e8wwRrzHxlOc7ZkfLL2o5Qc0xyvn28lMMwpXfneIng4.jpg

Permissions were given both for the demolishing and the new home.

Anyways, to the show:
I was laughing, in tears, amazed and everything in between. What a wonderful way to start things off. It felt less scripted and forced like the last seasons of Top Gear. It's the boys unfiltered and it was magnificent.
Also, the Porsche-fanboy in me didn't have any issues with the result ;)

I already knew that Jeremy had demolished and had planning permission for a new house but it added that little something the bet especially how they always try and one up each other.

Just watched it and I am glad to see the boys back at it. 9/10 and my first time using prime, it was a bit difficult to navigate and I did not know I had to download the app to watch the episode on the iPad.

I can't wait to see what's in newt week.

Something I noticed in the iOS Amazon Video app while using AirPlay to my Apple TV. All the music used on the show is marked with a time stamp.

doW4Q5F.png

Hm, exactly as I speculated some months ago....

It was ok. Worth the wait ? Yes . Worth the hype? Not so sure. Pretty sad that didn't use ben collins as a their racing driver, i think that would have been really nice touch.

It was ok. Worth the wait ? Yes . Worth the hype? Not so sure. Pretty sad that didn't use ben collins as a their racing driver, i think that would have been really nice touch.

Yeah, I (and probably others) have mentioned before it would have been good to see Collins on there, another little poke at the BBC. For me "The American" didn't really work and if he's a regular, the joke will get very old, very quickly.

The intro started well but I felt it was very cringey with the cheering crowd and stage etc.

The location car shoot and M2/track segments were typical Top Gear type stuff so no complaints there.

While the tent stuff was mostly fun I felt it all came across as a bit awkward and they didn't look totally comfortable in their new surroundings. That will no doubt change over time as the tent stuff is all new to them. My main concern about the tent is how the British and their own humour travels around the world, can't put my exact finger on anything but some of it felt slightly forced because it was an American audience.

Overall a decent but not spectacular opening, 7.5/10

Last edited:
Watched the whole thing with a massive grin on my face. Some bits of it didn't quite work, but I loved the Jeremy Renner gag. Cinematography was awesome.

Wroughton Airfield is the new track - I used to go karting up there when I was little! It's a disused military base, hence the "old lady's house"

I'm especially glad I can't binge-watch them and I have to wait until next week for the next one - it makes them more special somehow. Loved it - 9/10

Unfortunately I live in one of those countries that has to wait until December to watch the Show...:mad:

Can?t wait any more.....:cry:

For a first episode....wow! Big wow! I was almost expecting a repeat of the first few nearly unwatchable seasons of Top Gear but they pretty much nailed it right out of the gate.

The good:
-Just seeing them together again. I legitimately started to tear up during the opening segment. It was like being reunited with old friends.
-As others have mentioned; the cinematography. That's a big part of why I fell in love with Top Gear in the first place. It's clear that Amazon's bigger pockets have definitely been put to good use here. I didn't think they could have improved from Top Gear but they definitely have.
-The season's teaser. It was like watching a highlight reel from all the previous seasons of Top Gear, but it's all coming in the next few months. I am so excited!
-The format. They kept what worked before and simply made it better. The main car segment was just as good as Top Gear ever was. I had to remind myself that I was watching a different show.
-"The news" was one of my favorite segments and I'm very glad to see they're keeping it going.
-The tent. It was great seeing more audience interaction and the USA chant was hilarious. I can't wait to see what other local flavors are shown.
-Season length. 12 weeks! Yes, yes, yes!!!

The not so good:
-The studio segments mostly sucked. They felt way too scripted and forced. The celebrity portion was downright cringeworthy.
-The track seems sort of half-assed. I get that it's supposed to test every possible part of a car's handling but the track itself seems just amateurish.
-The American. I think I may have seen his name in a magazine somewhere. So for the mainstream audience he's just a random guy thrown in because he can drive. Apparently.
-Having a non-English speaking driver test all the main cars was inappropriate. I would have loved to hear the difference of opinion between 'normal' drivers and a racing driver.

It was a refreshing restart of a concept the BBC never really understood. Good!

The opening sequence was brilliant, showing a sad and depressed Jezza leaving the BBC(?) building, handing over his badge(?) to the door man, entering a taxi while it rains and a radio voice says that his contract wasn't prolonged. Then entering the airport, taking a flight to L.A., going into the underground garage to get his rental, a tuned Ford Mustang, then hitting the road in the sun and soon his two buddies close up to him in two other tuned Mustangs. Joined again, they drive towards the desert where the stage/audience/tent await.

Brilliant.

From that on it is much like old Top Gear, the same feeling, the same cameradery, the same mocking and argueing, the same brilliant cinematography.

I missed some quips towards the BBC and Top Gear but maybe it was too subtle for me to notice, I don't know. I really liked the killing off of the stars, I think it was a statement of some kind but not sure what kind so far.

It could be felt that they were all a bit nervous, the bits in the tent still need some routine but all in all it was as if they never left. I really enjoyed it absolutely, even though I think they played it safe and created the first episode in a way it won't scare off the old Top Gear fan base. I have a hunch that more interesting bits and maybe new concepts will come in the following episodes.

The section about the new track was a bit meh. While I like the sleazy look of the track and think that we will get used to it, I'm not too keen of the racing driver, too. I'm sure it was meant to be fun and ironic and stuff but he just cannot deliver it right somehow.

I give it 8/10 because I'm quite sure it will become even better. Much better.

I have my drug back :)

P.S.: If someone speaking French finds the time, I'd like to know what he really said about the cars ;)

Last edited: