Votes: 15 5.3%

Votes: 3 1.1%

Votes: 5 1.8%

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Please stay on topic and be civil with others, even if you disagree with their opinions.

Do not discuss torrents or file sharing in this thread.

[01x02] November 28th, 2010

Well, this one's starting off better than the last...

So far, I like it!

I see smiles and actual humor! LOL

Also, I figured out why I didn't like it last time... Nobody has any credibility AFAIK. Tanner is obviously a drifter, but it is odd listening to someone besides may/hammond/clarkson talk about a car... They can't possibly know what they're doing! But instead, I'm just going to watch and enjoy. :) So far, it seems like they do know what they're doing. Good stuff actually!

-Eric

I'm watching, yet another completely unexpected WTF. Last episode's was the shaky in-car shots. This time, are they really using a different person to narrate Foust's clip in first person pretending to be him? I'm hearing two distinct voices when he's on camera as opposed to when he's not.

I'm watching, yet another completely unexpected WTF. Last episode's was the shaky in-car shots. This time, are they really using a different person to narrate Foust's clip in first person pretending to be him? I'm hearing two distinct voices when he's on camera as opposed to when he's not.

They'll work out sound problems like that. It's because the narration was in studio, I don't know. Either way, at least what he's actually saying is better and actually more engaging than last episode.

It was still a bit shaky, in the EVO film, but not as bad as last week.

Whoever was doing Tanner's VO needs to keep doing it..lol.

The first segment was, again, a crap rip off of one that was already done better. So far, it's not much better than the first episode. Also, the propane truck....

OH NOES, A PROPANE TRUCK!!!! Everyone knows you can't pass those or they instantly explode!

IMO, this episode is a mile better than the first one so far. And I would like it to continue to improve, it would be cool to add more American car reviews and challenges (which apparently is coming on EP3). Anyway, like a human infant, TGUS is still in the comfort zone mimicing what the older TGUK does, once they've done it successfully, i have no doubt they'll try something new. So please give it all the support ya got, besides, as viewers, we everything to gain when shows we like stays on. I liked how now I can watch TG all season, with TGUK running first, then TGAU goes on air, and then now TGUS. Top Gear all year long!

Last edited:
Thanks to someone uploading a 720p rip to a private torrent site I have membership to three hours prior to broadcast, I've already finished this. It's getting better. The Aston review was great; I can just imagine Jeremy gritting his teeth as Rut criticized his precious Astons. Rut did a great job on the interview, but you could visibly see the cuts made in it; something's got to be done to better pace BSSC. The drifting competition had superior narration, pacing, and editing than the Cobra/Viper segment last week. And the "bombshell" at the end...well, there will be a lot of comments from the critics in re symbolism.

By the way, if you want to criticize the propane truck, also criticize the fact that Hammond got lost trying to find the bar in his similar segment.

They definitely need to pick up a copy of interviewing for dummies and get some exciting guest. WTF was that " for a guy who likes fast cars" comment after the guy spent 10 minutes talking about electric cars and windshield wipers? Where did that come from?

I'm glad that I'm seeing American TV that isn't politically correct! It's kind of funny..

Add Brian, the blind guy, as a permanent feature. It would be great.

hmmm, like I expected, Rutledge is way better at doing the interview than Ferrara was. They should stick with him.
Of course, the interviewee was a total nut job, but that's OK.

WTF was that " for a guy who likes fast cars" comment after the guy spent 10 minutes talking about electric cars and windshield wipers? Where did that come from?
For the answer to that I believe you'll need to brush up on the concept of sarcasm.

Last edited:
The ending was hilarious without getting into a spoiler.
Edit. Shows what Nash thinks about it

Last edited:
Awesome! I see potential. :) Good stuff this one was. I like it.

I like the "Big Star Small Car" segment better than the TGUK version. It's not too long. The interviews are too long in the british version. I want to see cars, not someone I've already seen a lot. Ask them about their cars, run the track, done. That's it. I like it.

The dog at the end... lol. Classic. :D

-Eric

LOL @ the ending!