[01x02] October 6th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
really it is very strange. but then i have never driven xr6 turbo, i have xr8 though. i was looking at the ford website an hour ago and it said turbo has 20 less KW than XR8 but 13Nm more torue. i dont know if they know about this thing :p

its not just the peak torque, its the torque curve, the BOSS engine has just never seem to have been able to translate its power into actual performance numbers, it might be weight, i'm not sure. But even back in the LS1 days when the Falcon's had a good 20kw on the Holden's of the time, they certaintly wern't as quick on the road.

LMAO...they're actually testing a Proton :lmao: Well good on 'em. TG AU will need to focus on more reasonably priced cars as they won't be getting their hands on as many supercars as TG UK.

That Kalgoorlie Super Pit segment looks pretty schmick. Very TopGear-esk. Looking forward to that one :)

I agree, we need our Holdens and Fords on TG AU. Heck, I've been wanting to see a Falcon on any Top Gear for ages to see what they think of it.

Just so long as TG AU doesn't become like Wheels and Motor mags in that a Holden and Ford features on their 'front cover' every episode.

Oh and if I were in the market for an FPV - I'd have a hard time picking between the F6 and the GT. The F6 makes sense but the GT....its a V8 - need I say any more? Call me stupid or a sucker or both. But the V8-ness of it all is what its about for me. Even if its not quicker than the I6.

Yeah i agree about it not being holden v ford weekly, having said that, i think we need to warm to the presenters before we're willing to see crazy challenges. Lets also forget the 'underground' performance scene in Australia of the grey imports, i would love to hear an actual well researched episode on what you are actually getting for your money with these cars.

And as for the F6 vs the GT, i'd just have to get the F6, i would hate the justification as to why im driving a thirstier, slower, uglier (i prefer the f6 front end) car everyday. But the best of both worlds, i'd get a GTS, its the best looking of any australian car, and has all the character, with the proper performance a v8 should offer.

LMAO...they're actually testing a Proton :lmao: Well good on 'em. TG AU will need to focus on more reasonably priced cars as they won't be getting their hands on as many supercars as TG UK.

That Kalgoorlie Super Pit segment looks pretty schmick. Very TopGear-esk. Looking forward to that one :)

I agree, we need our Holdens and Fords on TG AU. Heck, I've been wanting to see a Falcon on any Top Gear for ages to see what they think of it.

Just so long as TG AU doesn't become like Wheels and Motor mags in that a Holden and Ford features on their 'front cover' every episode.

Oh and if I were in the market for an FPV - I'd have a hard time picking between the F6 and the GT. The F6 makes sense but the GT....its a V8 - need I say any more? Call me stupid or a sucker or both. But the V8-ness of it all is what its about for me. Even if its not quicker than the I6.

thats true. but i am also hopping, many many machines will come forward as the show will progress. australia is not a exotic car capital. there are few, and now it all depends how they evenly distribute them among the episodes and seasons.
F v H once a series is ok, any more than that, it will damage the programm. i am guessing as its the first ever series so they had to keep the punters happy. they shall settle down for the rest of the series. but then i also think that during the different challenges and races, they will be using the old fords and holdens anyways.

thats true. but i am also hopping, many many machines will come forward as the show will progress. australia is not a exotic car capital. there are few, and now it all depends how they evenly distribute them among the episodes and seasons.
F v H once a series is ok, any more than that, it will damage the programm. i am guessing as its the first ever series so they had to keep the punters happy. they shall settle down for the rest of the series. but then i also think that during the different challenges and races, they will be using the old fords and holdens anyways.

i don't think the preview trailer done it justice, they are testing a gallardo tonight, and i don't believe i saw that in the trailer.

And we will have our Ford v Holden episode next week, but i would still like a test of the W427 at one point this season.

i don't think the preview trailer done it justice, they are testing a gallardo tonight, and i don't believe i saw that in the trailer.

And we will have our Ford v Holden episode next week, but i would still like a test of the W427 at one point this season.

W427 would be nice, and by the way motor magazine has alrady done the test and they have wreckked the car too. not fully but front.
i am pretty sure its motor magazine. or it could be wheels. may be.

W427 would be nice, and by the way motor magazine has alrady done the test and they have wreckked the car too. not fully but front.

yeah i read those lame ass, drive it around on a damp track tests.

Than again, its never really going to create any amazing numbers is it. Will probably run a 12.7 down the quarter.

a) It was Motor
b) Garth Tander was driving at the time
c) There was a tyre barrier across the track - when there shouldn't have been any
d) The car was hardly wrecked - the front fascia took the brunt of it losing it's outer left section, but it looked purely cosmetic.

I just saw an ad for this episode on SBS, so there is a very slight chance this episode will screen first.

Video of part of the ad:
[YOUTUBE]jY_En0Kx1zk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
As Jeff Kennet put it. This is a 'Bogon' episode.

HSV v FPV should be good.

And those utes look like proud and nobel things. Esp the Jumbuck.

Look forward to this, hopefully it is better than the last.
Well, I hope it improves on, didn't think the first was too bad.

Can't wait to hear the F6 going at full pelt =)

Should be a good ep, i missed the first one but apparently wasn't great... F6 and GT are mainly up against each other so ppl have a choice of I6 or V8. F6 is just lighter, faster and personally better but the GT has the noise, dual pipes and that bulge... F6 u can compare to either R8 or GTS, u just need to have a big brake pack fitted and option up other things to make it worthwhile against the GTS.

Looking forward to the ep thou :)

Before anyone jumps on the 'Holden v Ford beaten to death argument' remember there are people watching who want to see the battle as much as some of you don't want to see it. They need to cater for a broad audience.

I am sort of dreading the "Holden v Ford" thing. But I guess you have to accept that this will appear in an Australian car show.

As has already been said this thing shouldn't be longer then one episode.

I am glad that the didn't open the series with this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.