[01x03] December 2nd, 2016

[01x03] December 2nd, 2016

• Total voters
lear that Clarkson has planning permission to demolish that building and put up something new the whole glee at the wanton destruction made me cringe and feel really uncomfortable.

Actually I was wondering how they got the permission to demolish it. Such old buildings are usually protected as an historic monument here and for any kind of changes (even repairs or necessary renovations), you need the permission of the authorities and follow strict rules to keep the historic value intact.

I assume the legal situation is somewhat different there.

Actually I was wondering how they got the permission to demolish it. Such old buildings are usually protected as an historic monument here and for any kind of changes (even repairs or necessary renovations), you need the permission of the authorities and follow strict rules to keep the historic value intact.

I assume the legal situation is somewhat different there.

The Cotswolds are full of buildings like Clarksons house, most much older or more special, same for most of rural UK in fact, I doubt they have to be as carefull at preserving them as we are, however they do it it seems to work.
I think in this case as long as you put something back up in that typical Cotswolds stone nobody would care.

Last edited:
8/10. It wasn't as good as I had hoped for. I was hoping for a serious road trip like they did in Australia (S22), Spain (S20) or both the "Best Driving Road in the world" ones. Instead this one turned out to be rather brash with unfunny jokes and Hammond trying to be an idiot that he isn't. But all of that was nicely compensated by the Hellcat and beautiful cinematography.