[01x03] December 2nd, 2016

[01x03] December 2nd, 2016

• Total voters
Fantastic; absolutely loved hearing the sound of that Hellcat. Great banter among all three of them. After last week's slight letdown, it's picked right back up again.

Fantastic episode, best one of the series so far.

I really like the theme music. I can already hum it.
Much less of the playing to the audience stuff in the studio segments.
No American
Great bantor, multiple good lines.
Great cars, very well reviewed.
Best celeb thing so far, but that's not saying much.
They were actually standing right next to the house. That was cool.

"I WANT MORE OF THIIIIIISSSSSSSS" -Jeremy Clarkson

Awesome and spectacular. Footage is well up to TG standards, in some places better. Do enjoy the drone crashes at the start..

Loved the cinematography. Seemed like a movie at times. I also enjoyed the Grand Tour titular challenge, and it would be an excellent way to start the series, but I guess people wanted to see P1vsLaFerrarivs918 more. However. at places some jokes were too drawn out, and they "flanderized" the characters too much, but overall it felt like some good old Top Gear.
I really loved the cars. I wouldn't complain if I got the chance to drive either one of these, but that Rolls-Royce is a thing of my dreams.

We got the joke. Please stop killing the celebrities, three times is a bit too much.

Also, damn, that was a beautiful explosion.

9/10

Loved the Grand Tour bit but spoiled somewhat by the terrible attempt at a theatrical fall from the boat at the end.

Lovely cinematography which makes me really, really want to go back to Italy.

Best episode of the season. Felt like TG of old. I had tears streaming down my face.
Absolutely brilliant!!

They had me at Hellcat. Everything else was just icing on the cake. Favorite episode to date.

I'm rather surprised. I usually like the comedic stuff and found Richard's antics were starting to wear a bit thin. I was rather expecting to see comments along those lines here. Still, I did enjoy the ep overall and bonus points for them being in Whitby.

Much better than the other ones: great cinematography, soundtrack wasn't jumping all over the place, no American in sight, and even the celebrity dying was funny. Although I think they should tone down Hammond's "Asshole hyper friend that ruins a good trip" act (seriously, I thought he was going to pop a blood vessel there). Other than that small, short and irritating problem... pretty great ep.

edit: grammar.

Last edited:
Better, a lot better. Finally a good episode, right up to the celebrity nonsense and the so called self driving car. Basically the last 10 minutes or so are bad.

I enjoyed the episode it was the three doing what they do best, things like the celebrity are going to be there for this series that is something that James May mentioned in an interview, I also saw an interview with both Hammond and May where they both said there will parts that people simply like a lot and others that they will probably hate but as its the first series they are flying by the seat of their pants so to say and I expect the next series to be even better.

That Dodge is some car but that DB11 is simply exquisite and simply gorgeous, as a car the Rolls Royce didn't really do anything for me but it did pass to James May.

For me till now the series is a solid 9 after 3 episodes.

The episode was ok but Richard Hammond ruined it for me. He is always hyper and I feel James is getting a bit left out in the trio. Only Jeremy Clarkson is up to his TG standards.

Loved it! Back to good old form, best episode so far! Even the "celebrity" segment worked this time.

I VASTLY preferred the Jordan antics to the Hammond lunacy of doing donuts and utterly ruining everyone's day in those beautiful, historic Italian cities. Maybe it was just too much, but it was WAAAAAAAY too much. I would put this in with the home-made ambulances and others in the "not the best ideas they've ever had" folder.

Better than the first 2 (specially episode. 02), a 7.5, so rounded my vote up to 8.

I gave it an 8. It wasn't perfect, but it was really good. I like that the suspension of disbelief is allowed to exist intact, the lack of that seemed to be the downfall with the comedy in the past. Even when the acting is a little overdone/easy to see through, the continuity and suspension of disbelief saw it through. Quality stuff.

If Jeremy reads these... Why not ask Aston Martin to build you a DB11 with a round steering wheel, better paneling in the door cards, and a more masculine shift mechanism? They could call it the DB11JC!:lol:

Last edited:
Definitely better than ep 2.
Re the celebrity thing: I get the feeling we're going to be stuck with it for the entire first series run. I just skip over it.
Hammond was overdoing the "Uncle Buck" schtick, but we'll chalk it up to growing pains. I do like the idea of having two cars in the same class versus one car not in the same league (if Richard had a Ram SRT pickup truck versus the LFA and the DBS in California, that would have made for a better vibe).

Good episode, enough cars in there for ya?

Looks like the theme music is with us to stay, it's not bad, has lots of energy, still, it's no Jessica and it somehow feels to modern for the boys.

Grand tour segment was exellent, Richards annoying-ness was overplayed, a few jokes would about it would have been enough, nice selection of cars, cinematography is exellent as always, proper Roadtrip segment.

News and studio bits were suberb, somehow it feels good to have the boys back home doesn't it? Never realised how much the euhrm....'Britisch' feel was missing until this Ep.

The celeb thing, for all that is decent and holy, with every fibre of my beeing that loves the powertrio and this show, if anyone on TGT bothers to check these boards, PLEASE STOP IT. It was mediocre the first time, cringeworty the second, and now its just beyond terrible, like police academy 7 levels beyond terrible.

The demolition thing, well we knew it was coming, still funny, and I can't help the feeling that Richard ramming a bit of wood through his excavators window really was an accident :lol: :lol:

Solid 8.

Last edited: