Votes: 19 15.7%

Votes: 19 15.7%

Votes: 16 13.2%

Votes: 7 5.8%

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
By a long way the best episode so far - I laughed throughout and up there with the best of the comedy episodes of Top Gear.

They've got to create a show that appeals to the different types of Top Gear fans.

My ranking so far

1) this one
2) episode three
3) episode one
4) episode two

So the format of the series is set: It starts with yapping, a short quick review by JC and then a very looooooooong main segment sprinkled with some more yapping in between. Why can't they do more than one review and shorten the main segment? The GT has been a disappointment so far or maybe my expectations were too high.

My favourite so far, I don't even care about them destroying old Discos. The American Man said less and they didn't mess about too much with the CBC death. Hammond smuggling was brilliant, genuine tears of laughter when they revealed him. :D

The CHM script computer pooped out yet another script. Bits from the part-bin include "presenter works through the night to fix his car", "presenters act like they made the cars themselves" and "some parts are designed to fall off and when they do, Jeremy laughs very hard about it."

Last edited:
After I had some more time to reflect I wish they would go back to the series 4-12 formula: 2 car reviews (1 to start, one after the news) and 1 longer film. I always thought the longer films could be longer and since they're cutting the SIARPC they could do that. This was the formula that I'm sure got many of us hooked to the show. All the other things they started to gain popularity has severely diluted the show. The Jordan segment from last week was a prime example, there was only 1 car and it wasn't really featured in that whole segment.

Keep it a car show please.

I actually think this one was slightly above average (compared to previous 3 episodes). I liked that the BMW review didn't turn back to some discussion about how he'd rather have the BMW after all. And I thought the eco car stuff was pretty funny in parts (mud falling apart, bones crushing during the race, etc). There were some horrid forced parts, but others had genuine spontaneity which I liked.

I am starting to wonder if they have a team of comedians working to develop a script of jokes in case something random and spontaneous doesn't already happen...

Yikes... I'm really surprised they thought this was a good idea. Unfunny mostly and I feel like they don't really care about doing proper car reviews anymore. I was a huge fan of Top Gear for their genuine opinions, and all we get now is goofy poor acting. I really can't believe that money was spent on this bit. It seemed utterly pointless. Be yourselves, please.

I liked it.

I always had a thing for anarchy in humor, pissing off groups that take their agenda way too serious. And that is basically what they did in this episode.

I felt well entertained and even the inevitable facepalm when Jimmy Carr crashed, was bearable.

I had the feeling they wanted to get back at Richard for being too annoying last week. I like that, too

I have to agree that the batshit insaneness of the eco cars made it entertaining, not to mention the not very subtle hints that non-petrol car manufacture causes its own set of environmental issues, but once again, a little more pruning in the editing studio could have made it better.

Dead Celebrity bit ... been there, done that.

I found the American quite funny this time round.

Studio bits, not bad, but nothing to write home about.

I still felt it was a solid episode but think "The Boys" could do better.

I liked this one for the most part. Still not a fan of the tent bits, but James was funny throughout the challenge bit.

The challenge is the first thing in the four episodes so far that I would watch again; the rest has been fairly disposable really.

Is Conversation Street going to have unique silhouettes for each show? Last week JC's high heels, this week RH's outsized hand. I'll have to watch the others again for their differences.

This is the first episode of GT I've seen. I've procrastinated on it so much but decided it was time, but jump in mid-series rather than start at the beginning with all the new show smell and setting the scene up. Start when things are normal.

Definitely felt like an episode of latter day Top Gear. The main "meat" of the episode did get a few laughs out of me, and I was in bed in the dark at 6am watching it. Only part I really didn't like was the moment when James cut the top of Richard's Tree-TI. That was one gag on the script too far for me. I thought the mud on James' car at the beginning would hold up but I was proved wrong and literally everything he did to make it look like a car again was doomed to failure from the moment you realise what he's doing. Jeremy's was clearly "This is what being on Amazon lets me do". I don't think environmentally friendly vegetarians or vegans would approve.

Wasn't expecting that thing with Jimmy Carr (again this is the first episode I've watched), thought there was going to be a real guest. Guess this is the system now? The car review was good. The thing with the bumper was good, liked a bit of the audience participation, although I still don't particularly like the audience to be there in the first place.

I'll give it a 6, as it was entertaining at the time of watching.

I am under the impression that the hedge was cut by a local farmer and not by James...

7/10

however, +1 for Clarkson asking "How do you peel a cow??" xD

so I voted 8/10

Hammond seems to have reverted back to "wacky Hammond" for the time being. lol

Last edited:
Can Hammond and May have their own items, please? Up till now, they've just been acting out Jeremy's scripts. They used to have their own bits.

By the way, any other hardcore TG fan immediately guess what Jeremy was about to say when he said "When the driving examiner said to me...."?
I remember that exchange from old TG ...

By the way, any other hardcore TG fan immediately guess what Jeremy was about to say when he said "When the driving examiner said to me...."?

yeah, he's talked about it at least once on TG and at least once on radio.

Great episode.
Offensive as it is (let's see... BMW fans, Porsche enthusiasts, immigrants, LGBT, eco-mentalists ? looks like only lorry drivers got free this time. Oh wait, lorry was mentioned as non-eco thing) it's really nice to see the "How hard can it be?"-formula work again, as much as the combination of straight and gross jokes with nice and subtle ones (boy that Zeppelin reference was really nice).

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, the May's bits with ruined countryside are not only good entertainment, but also remind that producing "eco-friendly" things is quite often not exactly friendly to the nature. Nice touch.

- - - Updated - - -

"I saw that not as a test, but as a confirmation of my magnificence"
Yeah, he already told us about his driving test. Seems like poor old man god Alzheimer's.

Best episode of the series so far.
I wonder how many offended snowflakes will complain to Amazon about this episode =)

I still feel the sitting arrangement for CHM is to stiff, they should get a couch so it gets more relaxed imho.