[01x06] November 3rd, 2008

[01x06] November 3rd, 2008

• Total voters
the super loud horn was nice also, as was him taking a shit.
I was amazed that the super expensive lexus had such trouble keeping the dust out!! The other 2 didn't seem to have these troubles.

We had a Toyota Prado that had the exact same issue, bulldust does get into a lot of cars.

Does anyone actually beleive that they were looking for hosts with those videos? Always smelt like marketting to me.

From the discussion tone76 and I had with Steve (which touched on his experience of the audition process), I was pretty convinced that it was a genuine process they went through and not just a marketing ploy. I think Tone was of the same opinion.

From the discussion tone76 and I had with Steve (which touched on his experience of the audition process), I was pretty convinced that it was a genuine process they went through and not just a marketing ploy. I think Tone was of the same opinion.

I believe that the call for auditions was a genuine attempt by Freehand to find at least 2 hosts. Not sure if one of the hosts may have already been predetermined by the BBC, though ... <_<

Last edited:
I believe that the call for auditions was a genuine attempt by Freehand to find at least 2 hosts. Not sure if one of the hosts may have already been predetermined by the BBC, though ... :?

Well, we didn't get to speak to Charlie :think:

... but if that is the case you can all blame Clarkson and Wilman for the current cast.

I believe that the call for auditions was a genuine attempt by Freehand to find at least 2 hosts. Not sure if one of the hosts may have already been predetermined by the BBC, though ... <_<

I always suspected Charlie was 'pre-shortlisted' mainly as he came from the BBC, and also no bugger here in OZ had really heard of him before TGA. (Not anyone I spoke to). He's got Fine Cotton written all over him. ;)

I'm happy the accept the other two were genuine auditionees.

Just. ;)

Last edited:
But in that the car would lose, not a proposition that you want on TG. Although since none of the presenters have an unnatural aversion to bikes in general, it could work :)

Have you ever watched TG? The car never wins the novelty challenges against other forms of transport: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Races#Car_vs._athletes. This is a pretty good setup for a challenge where the underdog postie bike comes out on top.

And to the poster that said IcedVovo should be a presenter... errr, no. More like a senior member of the production team.

Last edited:
I give this episode 6.5/10, until Steve used the word 'phat' on national television.

What Were They Thinking?

the WWTT is getting old already, they should stick to cars and try to have an argument so we can see what kind of car person the presenters are. its a good episode, but im still not convinced by the aussie trio.

And to the poster that said IcedVovo should be a presenter... errr, no. More like a senior member of the production team.

I'd have a go. Will there be beer and pizza?:)

good episode, the best one so far for me :p
good thing they are experiencing with the camera track work :)

ICEDVOVO, I think that would have been an excellent starting point for the AU series.
Get the guys together in a pub or at a backyard BBQ,wives and kids and other car heads and let them crap on about cars over a few too many beers from dusk til dawn, sensitively edited and in small doses, it would have shown a lot about their personalities and brought us all together as Aussie blokes usually bond over a case of beer or two. ( like all blokes in the world do)

I think that would have been a great introduction to an Australia car show by cutting the crap and getting the guys honestly introduced to the audience.

Pizza optional. But I'll have a garlic prawn one thanks !

Last edited:
ICEDVOVO, I think that would have been an excellent starting point for the AU series.
Get the guys together in a pub or at a backyard BBQ,wives and kids and other car heads and let them crap on about cars over a few too many beers from dusk til dawn...

Always works for me. ;)

So, after mowing the lawn, a week of long, hot showers and cooking a couple of barbies, I've now got half-a-dozen corker ideas on paper, but.... what do I do with them?

The problem I find is 'carbon dating' external ideas. If I arrange a meeting with the Producers they can say "Yep, we had that one too" to any idea I present. It's the perennial problem with external ideas. Who had it first?

I could just post them all here....

;)

I took TG:a off my rss feed with no real intention of watching the show again, but I decided to give it one last shot and all I can say is ....

zzzZZzzZZzzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

My god that was boring. The "challenge" wasn't a challenge, it was just boring driving with 2 half-assed challenges thrown in. Even when they started going "off road" it was a half-assed attempt at that. Wow they drove a little bit over some rocks and through a puddle. Couldn't they have found a place where there was a good chance of getting stuck? They didn't review the cars either, they chose the range but why? They didn't give any reasons other than the Lexus got dusty.

News was boring, nothing happened that was even worth a chuckle and none of the news was "news".

Doing the same tired board for 6 strait weeks and getting desperate for things to put on it, what were they thinking?

Skipped the guest, he didn't look interesting.

And once again, Cox sucks at reviews. He likes it why? The acceleration? Well where are the #'s? Once again they failed to give any #'s or any real review. Too much time was spent trying to make the review "pretty" and not enough was spent on the script.

4/10 and defiantly the last TG:A I will ever watch.

Last edited:
Two words...

Hamish and Andy go North.

They are what TG should be.

:)

Why is everything on telly funnier than TG?

Edit: For our international visitors, Hamish and Andy are Aussie radio personalities who currently opitimise the the Australian ratbag larrikin spirit. They are actually the guys that TG should be. Here's some links http://www.hamishandandy.com.au/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamish_and_Andy

Last edited:
Hamish and Andy go gay ?
Theyre almost there already.

Never liked those guys, its all about the fake comraderie, lame setups and 'action-packed' shows, Im too old , too crusty to laugh at this new comedy.

VOVO, I dont think the producers would be handing out cheques for ideas but they will be handing out resumes for employment if tonights show isnt as good/ better than No.6.

I hope it is, maybe Cox will gets it in the neck when the Army get involved ...

Always works for me. ;)

So, after mowing the lawn, a week of long, hot showers and cooking a couple of barbies, I've now got half-a-dozen corker ideas on paper, but.... what do I do with them?

The problem I find is 'carbon dating' external ideas. If I arrange a meeting with the Producers they can say "Yep, we had that one too" to any idea I present. It's the perennial problem with external ideas. Who had it first?

I could just post them all here....

;)

Definitely. Start a new thread: TGAU story ideas that don't suck, by FG.

Definitely. Start a new thread: TGAU story ideas that don't suck, by FG.

TGA held a "win a lap with the Stig" competition earlier in the year that you could enter by coming up with a challenge idea. The chances of anyone coming up woth anything new now are pretty slim.

...The chances of anyone coming up woth anything new now are pretty slim.

Stiggie, what a dopey think to say...
if that was true , then what are they going to show on the UK show next week? :p
More car/boat? or another 'race a pushbike' challenge ?

And are the AU guys just going to rehash the UK ideas because you say theres nothing new?

Theres a million things yet to do with vehicles.
GO TGAU, get out there and do some crazy stuff !!

And a new thread for those with a bit of imagination and willing to share their new ideas for the show will be great too.

TGA held a "win a lap with the Stig" competition earlier in the year that you could enter by coming up with a challenge idea. The chances of anyone coming up woth anything new now are pretty slim.

Bet I could. ;)