[01x07] January 2nd, 2011

[01x07] January 2nd, 2011

• Total voters
holy crap, I just watched this.

a race across San Francisco to Fort Point? Car versus alt transportation? haha, where have I seen this before? Oh, right. I did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ql-CnVMm_Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=353s

funny to see nearly the same race, obviously way more exciting with the full camera crew and the expert mountain bikers. still pretty funny to see many of the same locations and even a few of the same shots/gags make it into the Top Gear version.

I'd like to see the study where wpm didn't increase with Dvorak. At least when typing English, Dvorak is a lot more efficient.

The advantage for the US is obvious. In a world where more trade, communication and cooperation is happening across borders than ever, speaking the same "language" is essential. That's the main reason why NASA is all metric, to better cooperate with space-related industries in the rest of the world. The same goes for other professions like architects.

I'll have to find that study at some point; it's been a while since I've seen it.

And although science does require conversion of units, other large industries such as the financial and software fields do not. It's all in comparative advantage and cost vs. benefit. You're arguing that there is benefit to conversion, which I agree with; I'm saying that on the whole, it's not worth it right now. People all around the world know to convert when they need to, and to leave things alone when they don't. Sure, they make mistakes, but mistakes are also made when changing systems in one fell swoop, and visibly so.

nice girl

nice girl

I was enjoying the episode right up until the last minute. Wanted to see the Stig drive like a hooligan in the Honda but no big deal.
Tim Allen was the best guest yet.
The last bit though......I don't know. That joke might have worked if it was the other way around or possibly on TGUK because Jezza would have had some wiseass line to knock that guy back in line. On this show though, that joke went over as well as a fart in church.

ladyandthetramp.jpg

i think the episode was good 9/10
i think the girl was soo sweet & beautiful:cool:

The CRZ review was quite good, I was also kinda dissapointed they didn't put it around the track though. The car selling segment was alright. Overall 7/10.

I give it an 8
Halo jumper vs. Raptor was more technical than the uk version (i think).
I actually like the guest who own multiple cars and and tinker with them. Versus I'm only here to promote my book and own a g-wiz.

Last edited:
I was kind of waiting for a "so, with the rest of our budget to spend on improving the car, it was time to hit the shed and cue the music"....maybe they haven't picked out the music to do that yet?

I was kind of waiting for a "so, with the rest of our budget to spend on improving the car, it was time to hit the shed and cue the music"....maybe they haven't picked out the music to do that yet?

Rights, remember, rights. If they couldn't get The A-Team, they might have tried for McGuyver. Or the military drum music that started The Six Million Dollar Man.