[01x08] January 9th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Rutledge races Tanner to see if it's faster to fly or drive if your journey is less than 500 miles; Tanner tries out the new BMW X6M; Rutledge gets confused by the new Porsche Panamera; Brett Michaels gets on the test track.

i hope he hates the x6m

well, the sponsors could force him to say he likes it... =/

that's what i'm worried about

well, the sponsors could force him to say he likes it... =/

that's what i'm worried about

They're sponsored by Mercedes, so that shouldn't be a problem.
plus, lets not forget Adam's review on the Mercedes SLS. wasn't what he thougth is was going to be and Mercedes didn't sue...

but if i recall, i think Tanner mentioned in an interview before the premier that he drove the X6 M and he didn't care for it at all.

plus, lets not forget Adam's review on the Mercedes SLS. wasn't what he thougth is was going to be and Mercedes didn't sue...

It looks like they dropped sponsorship, however. The last episode was sponsored by State Farm.

It looks like they dropped sponsorship, however. The last episode was sponsored by State Farm.

really? i could of sworn i still saw some Mercedes ads still during and after that segment? well, looks like they won't be getting "big auto money" from then.

who really pays attention to tv commercials nowadays, honestly?

i did in that case, as did most people on here, because it was relevant to the show. car ads can equal favoritism so car ads during Top Gear raise red flags in this forum and among most fans of this show.

i did in that case, as did most people on here, because it was relevant to the show. car ads can equal favoritism so car ads during Top Gear raise red flags in this forum and among most fans of this show.

Can you honestly say that MOST people here paid attention to the ads? It seems they barely pay attention to TGUS at all.. And when it comes down to it, TG (in any variety) is an entertainment show. How many have actually bought a car because of a review on TG? They are using bias whether it is personal or paid, so it wouldn't matter anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.