Votes: 13 15.3%

Votes: 18 21.2%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I don't even know what this is anymore... Apart from James' NSX review, this episode had nothing to justify the time spent. Seemed like each segment of the episode was a long, drawn out delivery of a single punchline.

Waste of time, a beautiful classic Mercedes SL, and money.

3/10

One thing is clear James needs to do all of the car reviews from now on.

6/10

Meh, got bored. I don't like the new NSX but I like James' review. Everything else was boring and pretty forgettable. HOWEVER! Boring and dull content from these three is INFINITY better than anything else on broadcast TV and 80% of streaming TV.

I voted "8", within the new format I thought this was better than earlier episodes. For me the two off-roaders by JC were fun, and reasonably tight from a pace standpoint. The NSX review was pretty good, I would have liked a little more time with it, including some real world driving thoughts (parking, visibility, etc.). The American is meh, but the track is awful and I hope they can come up with something better for next season. The zombiemobiles were OK, pacing was decent, but I worry about the chicken - did it pull(et) through? I wish Richard hadn't egged them on... [sorry]

Since I've gotten far too politically sensitive in my old age, I did have some thoughts that it wasn't an accident that Richard's remains were ashes, given that the show took place in Germany. I think (maybe over-think) that it's a dark Clarkson dig (which I shall abbreviate as DCD if I see similar in future episodes). He would go there...

It looks like the haters are always eager to put their shit out, as soon as possible, to create a 'bad mood' ...
For me, the best episode so far! :) 10

For me a solid nine again, various topics covered such as the NSX then Jeremys strange SUV and the Prepper mobiles was typical cocking about. Its already been stated that the celebrity thing is here for this season so why complain about it.

Lots of money spent making this episode. Wasn't really worth it. 6/10. Testing "self" made armored vehicles was kinda neat idea but execution was lackluster. Yes some impressive shots (pun not intended) but that's about it.

It is strange because I feel this episode was as close to old Top Gear as it could get and still people don't like it? :rolleyes:

Best episode so far in my opinion and thankfully no awkward jokes about Germans.

10/10

It is strange because I feel this episode was as close to old Top Gear as it could get and still people don't like it? :rolleyes:

Best episode so far in my opinion and thankfully no awkward jokes about Germans.

10/10

Yeah, old Top Gear as in the ambulance segment, VW advertisement and Sweeney action sequence films. If you enjoyed that sort of Top Gear Comedy?, you'll like this episode too. If you, like me, didn't, then you will be bored with this one too.

The main problem is that the old shtick - one presenter making something terrible on purpose and defending it to others - is getting really tired for me.

Um .. when that Monster MG come out -- did anyone else think JC was channeling Rutledge Wood and his Monster Miata from Top Gear USA?

Amazing episode. Starting to get over the forced/scripted bits, and understand that it's all loaded with subtle details to thumb their noses at political correctness/the BCC. Example: the auction card that Jeremy dropped had a cock drawn on it.

Of course, there's definitely some not-so-subtle bits (condoms on dowels, etc). Naturally, that was the episode that played when my mom was in town, and I was so excited to show her TGT... THANKS CHM!

Really, my only complaint is the idiot American. I really hope that caricature of the NASCAR redneck is entertaining to others (perhaps overseas) because it is REALLY annoying to me. I live exactly 3 miles from one of the largest NASCAR tracks in the country (Texas Motor Speedway), and I can literally see it from my house. I never watch NASCAR, never been a fan, but I accept those who are (basically all my neighbors). However, "the American" is making me crazy...

What would make it OK to me is if every season they change the driver to some caricature of every other nation:
France: mustachio with cigarette in long cigarette holder, complaining about nihilism or something
England: Monocle wearing penguin attempting to sip tea, wondering what, exactly, is a "week-end?"
Mexico: Well, you can guess what they'd do with this one...

Last edited:
Yeah, old Top Gear as in the ambulance segment, VW advertisement and Sweeney action sequence films. If you enjoyed that sort of Top Gear Comedy?, you'll like this episode too. If you, like me, didn't, then you will be bored with this one too.

The main problem is that the old shtick - one presenter making something terrible on purpose and defending it to others - is getting really tired for me.

I wonder why you still watch it then. Is it some kind of masochism? Surely you must have realized by now that it won't go anywhere near the direction you'd like it to go.

The only thing I have to criticize offhand is that the arrow at the very beginning didn't even go anywhere remotely near Stuttgart but missed it for about 200 km and landed in the Saarland.

Last edited:
I wonder why you still watch it then. Is it some kind of masochism? Surely you must have realized by now that it won't go anywhere near the directionn you'd like it to go.

The only thing I have to criticize offhand is that the arrow at the very beginning didn't even go anywhere remotely close to Stuttgart but missed it for about 300 km.

For the same reason why I watched Top Gear even through Series 15-22. I watch it because Grand Tour had some moments of brilliance showing through the cringe-inducing bullshit. May's GT40 film, the Holy Trinity, the "Grand Touring" film - it is worth sitting through Jordan or eco-car bullshit just to catch one of these moments.

[01x09] January 06, 2016

Still doesn't explain the complaining if you're so aware of it

"monster" truck comes out, out goes the "nono we're still very British". Stopped bothering to watch.

I think next week's episode is the first tent sequence filmed after the first episode aired I believe? Might be the first chance for any public suggestions to filter through. Be interesting if they still have Celebrity brain crash as well..

this episode was full of... STUFF

I enjoyed about 80% of it, so that's why I voted 8/10

Jeremy goes a bit too far with the "look how funny I am" moments, but i still laughed. xD