[02x05] August 21st, 2011

[02x05] August 21st, 2011

• Total voters
Ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure...

the gt2 rs downtown closure was the first time i got that "damn, that's cool" feeling from TGUS. respect and hope for more in the future.

I had that feeling with the Velociraptor segment last season. This one was better though. Only part I didn't care for was the physcadellic clips with the speed up lights and such. Once was fine but multiple times ehhh.

I had that feeling with the Velociraptor segment last season. This one was better though. Only part I didn't care for was the physcadellic clips with the speed up lights and such. Once was fine but multiple times ehhh.
Yep I agree both where really good. Hope to see more.

I am still under the belief that instead of making the show an American Top Gear they should of added a Canadian host since they drive the same cars we do. It would have added some color to the show and made it more of a North American Top Gear (sorry Mexico I know you are in North America too). That being said how about 1 Canadian, 1 Mexican, and 1 American?

Tonight on Top Gear we drive Mexican built VW Beetles painted like Mexican police cars through the streets of Ciudad Juarez

Is there a trick to watching this Ep? I usually DL the SD versions to save time, but since this is only available in HD at this point. I have DL'd it and tried to watch it in Divx and Media player. Any suggestions.

Thanks!:cool:

Go to the Video Offers section. There's an AVI/SD version up now.

I liked this episode.
This primiss.
The challenages were good. The electro-magnet didn't really work or prove anything, but it was original.
I loved them picking up girls and chauffeuring them to a "party".
I liked Tanner tearing up the streets of LA in the GT2 RS, I didn't like how they didn't do a hot lap in the GT2, what were they afraid it might beat the Corvette.
I liked the BSSC reaction.
Two favorite lines:
Rut - "Why does he have to all way do that?"
Adam - "Cause he has a small penis."
and
Rut - "... my Ferrari is as real as the women's breast up here"

They'd be more worried about it beating the Viper than the 'vette, which has a couple Lamborghini's ahead of it.

Best episode so far. I loved it.

I've not even finished watching the ep yet and i could give it a solid 9 after just that GT2 RS piece. i love that TG US has found its own now, the cinematography might have been quite FnF in the GT2 RS piece but it was incredibly shot.

Despite the fact that most eps now are a cheap car challenge it's always entertaining, i just really hope they don't burn out after this season because i'm loving TG US, i'd go as far as saying as much as the original (UK). Jealous of you guys in the States who get to watch it live.

I've not even finished watching the ep yet and i could give it a solid 9 after just that GT2 RS piece. i love that TG US has found its own now, the cinematography might have been quite FnF in the GT2 RS piece but it was incredibly shot.

Despite the fact that most eps now are a cheap car challenge it's always entertaining, i just really hope they don't burn out after this season because i'm loving TG US, i'd go as far as saying as much as the original (UK). Jealous of you guys in the States who get to watch it live.

I remember way back before BBC America and this great thing the internet I couldn't wait to travel to Europe so I could hopefully catch an episode of TG.

This just keeps getting better. They keep using cars I have owned. First a 300ZX Z31, now a beat up Fiero rebody (tho mine didn't have that body obviously). I love seeing people hoon things that I can hoon.

Apart from that, a generally normal episode. I don't get nearly as excited when they drive cars that are outside something I could ever buy. So all the Porsche segments on any TG don't interest me at all. Some of the stranger tests do, though, like Ariel Atom and such.

Need to have specials! Something like a drive across China but can only use American cars made in the 70s they get for under 5 grand. That is the kind of segments they need. Would be in favor of a beater board, where they have a separate lap tests for affordable or older cars.

They seem to have a good chemistry going on between then now. Laughing more and more every other episode. An 8, and that's TGUK territory. It would have been a 9 if I'd known the guest...

I'd just like to chime in and say (what has probably already been said, but I don't feel like reading the whole thread) the GT2 review was excellent. Production quality was high, tanner was interesting and it didn't feel horribly scripted (even though it's the one part of this episode that was supposed to appear scripted) HISTORY CHANNEL AND TG:AMERICA... DO MORE LIKE THIS!!!

My gripes with the episode were as usual. I'd like to see the presenters (atleast appear) to have more say in their choice of car and the challenges to feel less scripted. Also, the show needs a bigger timeslot.

I'd just like to chime in and say (what has probably already been said, but I don't feel like reading the whole thread) the GT2 review was excellent. Production quality was high, tanner was interesting and it didn't feel horribly scripted (even though it's the one part of this episode that was supposed to appear scripted) HISTORY CHANNEL AND TG:AMERICA... DO MORE LIKE THIS!!!

My gripes with the episode were as usual. I'd like to see the presenters (atleast appear) to have more say in their choice of car and the challenges to feel less scripted. Also, the show needs a bigger timeslot.

It'd be really nice if they could find someone to do a full season sponsorship "Presented with limited commercial interruption" style.

That electromagnet challenge is exactly what Top Gear is all about: a real test of a real issue with real cars, but in a way that nobody saw it coming, and everyone laughs at it. It's up there with the Fiesta mall challenge and BL/GM water challenge. If season 1 had turbo lag, season 2 is on full boost.

8.5 out of 10.

The 911 GT2 RS review was great - right up there with the best of TG:UK

The Cheap Car Challenge was good - although I couldn't help but think that $5K could get you a decent Mercedes or BMW - much better than Adam's Rolls. Not to mention a Cadillac or a Lincoln - but I guess those aren't considered "luxury" cars anymore.

The thing that really bugged me was Adam's hosting of the BS:SC segment.
"The track is a little moist, which makes it more... grippier, if you will." Really, Adam? It's always been my experience that wet pavement is more slippery than dry.
And what the hell is a Dodge "Caliper"?

And not really a demerit, but a bit of a puzzler: why was the track bone-dry on one side of the tires and wet on the other? You don't suppose they used some clever editing to splice two different runs together, do you? (Who edited the segment? Ed Wood?)

All in all, a good episode. But I think Adam needs to attend a gearhead boot camp - just so he can know basic stuff about cars and the way they work and handle. (I would say get rid of him, but the chemistry between the three is much better now and a new presenter would just ruin the chemistry that's been built. When James joined TG:UK in Series 2 it was a good fit because he and Jeremy had already been working together at the magazine for 4 years or so.)

The thing that really bugged me was Adam's hosting of the BS:SC segment.
"The track is a little moist, which makes it more... grippier, if you will." Really, Adam? It's always been my experience that wet pavement is more slippery than dry.
Yeah, that baffled me too. The only thing I could think of is that the TGUS track is not in as good of shape as the TGUK track. This track seems overgrown with lots of desert dust getting blown all over it. Maybe the dust makes it slippery while having a quick rain fall to wash it all off makes traction a bit better. I don't know, but considering the lap time she posted, whatever water that was on the track wasn't much of an issue.

Cooler track temps get better grip then hot track temps. Maybe he meant since the track had recieved some moisture the track cooled off quite a bit.

Are they going to do a real car review at all this series? It's just been overly done epic "races" all series and it's been awful. Seriously TGUS needs to get new hosts or just go away. I can't understand how people are rating this above a 5?!

Are they going to do a real car review at all this series? It's just been overly done epic "races" all series and it's been awful. Seriously TGUS needs to get new hosts or just go away. I can't understand how people are rating this above a 5?!

Are you sure you watched this episode? Check the vid Gyvon put up at the top of this page...