[02x07] June 22nd, 2009

[02x07] June 22nd, 2009

• Total voters
Because of work I actually delayed getting into season 2 of TGA until late yesterday, and having watched all 7 episodes so far, I can say that:

a) Thank christ Charlie is gone
b) James isn't bad... he's still yet to find his character, but I'd rather subdued than Charlie.
c) Warren and Steve are doing a really good job
d) SIABSC sucks... I can't watch it... though to be honest, TGUK has access to better stars and still misses the mark quite a bit.
e) They killed WWTT and replaced it with old, weird car ads - awesome!
f) They've been coming up with some wacky ideas that aren't straight from TGUK three series' ago...
g) .. but the execution leaves a bit to be desired.
h) .. but hey, I'm not cringing every 5 minutes

Unfortunately this episode was a bit down from the previous few episodes, which were almost as good as Fifth Gear's current series. They're still trying to do too many segments. Had they extended the 4WD and Mail-run features with more info and challenges, it would have been really good. The woman-car-sex-appeal thing probably could have been a bit more concise.

I can't belive that the Skyline won that. What does that say about Aussie women?

That they're all uggboot-wearing, chewing gum chewing, foul-mouthed, STD-ridden bogan scum...

More awesome pics on the Australian muscle car sales website.

Can someone please save the pictures. It won't let me save them. :cry:

Last edited:
Is it me or does James wear the same shirt every week?
Wasn't the Smart vs Fiat supposed to be in series 1?
I loved the car ad, I would rather sleep in broken glass.
Warren gets funnier.

I didn't think it was that bad, it's mildly entertaining. I gave it 8/10. They really need to work on how to end the segments. Both the offroad 4x4 and the mail delivery segments are good. But they need to give it a proper conclusion. For the 4x4, they should've talked about if the modern 4x4 is really better, or if you're better off with the old FJ (it seems like the FJ is the way to go for serious offroading). For the mail delivery, they should have the conclusion on location, not just gloss it over in the studio.

I have to say I agree. Trying to do two challenges in their already limited time frame was just asking for problems. I couldn't even figure out really what the challenge was for the mail thing. Was one of them supposed to get there first? Maybe they got paid more for getting more, larger things to the correct spot quicker? There doesn't always have to be a point, a goal, but it started so well and then there was just nothing. Why didn't they just tie the emergency gear to the roof, or UNPACK IT into smaller bits? It was just awkward. Then the 4x4 bit was just utterly random and we clearly missed the middle of the story, which again is usually where you conceal the POINT. You guys have to be right, the production schedule is so tight they can't rework as things develop on site. I also wouldn't be surprised if you're right about Morrison being under a thumb to be practical. It's actually quite an expected thing for high paid Hollywood stars to be restricted from high risk activities.

I was disappointed. Season 2 has definitely been a lot better than 1 (Warren and Steve seem to be learning where to nitpick each other during challenges, they're good together). The armored car segment was the first time I've truly laughed at TGAu so that's a good thing. Hopefully this was an abnormal episode and things will pick back up. I'd say maybe a 5. It would have been a 6 but the chick pick segment was awful, but maybe that's because I'm a chick and a scientist. Faux science bores me.