Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ayman

Vote away.

8/10 for me... I think. Might elaborate in a later post.
Oh and by the way they videoshopped Jezza's face into the Aston Martin during that overtake. Quite blatant, really.
I'd have posted a screenshot but it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Another good episode, some of the gear grinding was kind of painful though. heh.

Easily the best episode of Series 2 so far. Because:

-- Minimal joke scripting in the main feature. Nothing put in just for the sake of getting a laugh.
-- Conversation Street was focused on the cars and their marketing
-- Ford GT test hit all the right notes and JC demonstrated he wasn't in love with this version
-- That footage of the old track was genuinely concern-inducing and showed how it was a great equalizer between the Aston and the Honda

The Jag and Aston piece was decent. Yes, James, modern cars generally are better in every way, but do you really believe that? Every way? Who gave you that line to say? Heh. I know he appreciates new things too, but that was a bit much for him. Is there a good reason why Richard didn't put the top up? The Aston bouncing on the track just reminded me of my stupid car's soft suspension that I can't afford to get fixed.

"I think that is enough conversation for one week, don't you?" NO! NEVER! :p

Funny to hear Jeremy say "back on the gas" during the GT lap. What's with them and gas lately? Anyway, a decent piece. Cool car, though I still don't like the back end. In fact, here's a reminder of what it reminds me of...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"712","width":"650","src":"https:\/\/orig00.deviantart.net\/8e3a\/f\/2017\/096\/a\/7\/gtpig_by_ripplin-db4wurh.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Decent (there's that word again) episode overall. I'd give it 6.5 if I could, but since I can't, I'm rounding it down to 6, since 7 is too close to the 8 I gave last week's far superior episode.

I don't post often. I feel that I have to express that this was one of my favorite Grand Tour episodes ever. It picked up where last weeks show left of and didn't have a single weak element.

- Aston/Jag/Civic bit was awesome. Idk if James was the right one to drive the civic as he's always portrayed as the backwards one and has all those shows about classic machinery but nevermind.
- LOVED SIARPC. Wanted to see Nick Mason on the show since forever!
- Ford GT was nice. I don't like the car for the same reason Jeremy doesn't.

Brilliant episode!

Another Great Episode.
-Conversation Street, was good.
-The Ford GT review was indeed good enough. And I agree with clarkson, it may be gorgeous to look, etc, but the absence of the V8 engine, makes it a bit "boring", soulless.
-Celeb's: the best one so far.
-The main segment (Jag,Aston,Civic), I liked it a lot. Pure straight 6 engine sounds in the entire segment, and an amazing abandoned track at the end, makes one of the best segments in the GT so far. (That "fog encounter" was epic...)

R: 8/10

Really enjoyed this one, they managed to romanticise the cars well before taking them to task which usually makes for a good episode. I wonder if Aston had to replace that gearbox when Jeremy dropped it off. The bit at the end, normally the terrible disappointments aren't quite so disappointing because it's a joke but this time it kind of was a terrible disappointment. I guess I'm naive to think that a car company can just start making old cars again to skirt modern regulations.

It wasn't necessarily perfect, however, I enjoyed this episode enough to give it a ten. The DB4 is almost never given its due credit since the DB5 stole the show in Bond. As a sports car, the DB4 was superior. That XKSS has to be one of my all time favorite cars. Had this episode included a Competition 427 Cobra, I would have had to have given it an 11. Thank you to everyone at The Grand Tour for making this episode.

Last edited:
Most enjoyable episode of the season. Ford GT review was great. I actually got a much better look at the GT than I have before and I appreciate it more now but I still think the rear half of the car is ugly af. Conversation street was brilliant, more car related discussions than any episode prior. Even Celebrity face off was great this time. I've wanted to see Nick Mason on the show since a long time. I just wish they had talked about his car collection more than they did.

And finally, the DB4 vs XKSS vs Type R film! My favourite film of any episode of this season. Gorgeous cars, stunning locations, one of the best cinematography of any car show ever! Even the jokes were actually funny this time and didn't feel forced. The last part on the banked race track was a bit unnerving to watch. Thats a 1.5 million pounds Aston Martin DB4 literally flying off bumps at 80mph, on a 70 degree banked curve! Doesn't get more nerve racking and exciting than that! If someone had showed me the Aston vs Jag vs Civic film without telling me the show's name I genuinely would believe this was a Top Gear episode. That's how good it is. I actually want to give this episode a 9.5/10 but because I want to be a little conservative I gave it 9/10.

Although the previous episodes were not so bad, they just were not what I was expecting... until episode 7 when hope came back to me, and now episode 8, just the best of this season so far.

Hope that this will continue to end of the season.

Cheers.

Very good episode. 9. But why was James bragging about how quick the Honda went round the Nurburgring when we know from the top gear days he absolutely hates how manufacturers design cars to go round there?!

AlexF1;n3545175 said:
Very good episode. 9. But why was James bragging about how quick the Honda went round the Nurburgring when we know from the top gear days he absolutely hates how manufacturers design cars to go round there?!

Probably because he wanted to make a point that the other two's cars, even though they were built in the past year, were still horribly slow thanks to 50-year-old engine designs.

He probably also found the Civic to be comfortable compared with the Vauxhall Nurburgring edition. Certainly more comfortable than JC's Aston and RH's Jag.

Best episode yet. I don't usually give a 10, because you can always do a tiny bit better. I gave it a 10 anyway. Because, for the first time in years I actually laught out loud when Jeremy noted that it started to rain, and Richard replied "YES I KNOW". I seriously didn't see that coming.
You know that a GT-joke is good, when you can miss it while woolgathering. This is so much better than the endless cringeworthy ongoing of jokes we have seen before at the GT. That's the sort of scripting that I really like. It didn't drag on, it didn't try to explain anything and it didn't care about people who might miss it.

Very good episode. Main feature good, ford GT review good, and to top it off, the guest segment was brillant due to the really obvious idea of having two guests that play well together.

9/10.

Ripplin;n3544967 said:
The Jag and Aston piece was decent. Yes, James, modern cars generally are better in every way, but do you really believe that? Every way? Who gave you that line to say? Heh. I know he appreciates new things too, but that was a bit much for him. Is there a good reason why Richard didn't put the top up? The Aston bouncing on the track just reminded me of my stupid car's soft suspension that I can't afford to get fixed.

"I think that is enough conversation for one week, don't you?" NO! NEVER! :p

Funny to hear Jeremy say "back on the gas" during the GT lap. What's with them and gas lately? Anyway, a decent piece. Cool car, though I still don't like the back end. In fact, here's a reminder of what it reminds me of...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"712","width":"650","src":"https:\/\/orig00.deviantart.net\/8e3a\/f\/2017\/096\/a\/7\/gtpig_by_ripplin-db4wurh.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Decent (there's that word again) episode overall. I'd give it 6.5 if I could, but since I can't, I'm rounding it down to 6, since 7 is too close to the 8 I gave last week's far superior episode.

Every time I see the GT anywhere I always think of that bloody image because of you! Thanks for nothing! :D