[02x12] March 6th, 2012

[02x12] March 6th, 2012

• Total voters
I loved it. I've really warmed up to Adam.

Loved it, the quality of TGUS is now on par with TGUK, IMO. With each episode the chemistry between the presenters is improving, and crucially the jokes are set up so they unfold naturally. I accidentally voted 6, it deserves an 8 or 9, sorry about that.

Pretty good concept and nice filming. However, I feel like something is always missing from these "epic" type of episodes. I think its the fact that there is so much emphasis on trying to entertain us that we don't really learn anything about the cars. I wish they would at least pretend to care about talking about each individual car and how they behave.
/endrant

8/10

Pretty good concept and nice filming. However, I feel like something is always missing from these "epic" type of episodes. I think its the fact that there is so much emphasis on trying to entertain us that we don't really learn anything about the cars. I wish they would at least pretend to care about talking about each individual car and how they behave.
/endrant
I've never really gotten the vibe that any of the hosts actually like cars, if I'm honest. Sure, they enjoy driving exotics and fast stuff, but I get no sense of passion for the cars themselves.

I've never really gotten the vibe that any of the hosts actually like cars, if I'm honest. Sure, they enjoy driving exotics and fast stuff, but I get no sense of passion for the cars themselves.

I actually get the feeling that Tanner is sort of an elitist like Jeremy in that he really only likes driving German/Italian/high horsepower cars and would rather leave the "normal" cars to the other guys.

Rutledge is like "that guy" back in high school who was always stuck riding the bus or his bike or on rare occasions, driving his mom's car so he thinks anything with wheels is automatically cool. "You like my car? It's a Roadmaster!"

I'd have to say Adam is the one who doesn't like driving. He's "that guy" who's always coming to work with a different beater every other month because he either wrecked or got tired of the old one.

Say, don't the producers choose their cars for the challenges? If so, that may explain things a little.

Which got beaten out by a show with a psycho woman on it and two repeats of a faux-nerd show. Not exactly breaking there.

but it did get you to watch and talk about it. and seeing how you don't enjoy the US version so much, you just need to comment on here to show your displeasure of this program as well as Rutledge Wood. yea, the US version should be "worried"...

but it did get you to watch and talk about it. and seeing how you don't enjoy the US version so much, you just need to comment on here to show your displeasure of this program as well as Rutledge Wood. yea, the US version should be "worried"...

Torrents are fun.

I am new to this forum and to Top Gear USA. I just wanted to point out how crappy the editing was.... Bellow are the most obvious mistakes in my opinion. I sure someone else realized this as well as the whole model change in the end but yeah rather bothersome.

10:42 when he is taking the seats out it already has the bigger tires and bumper guard on it.

10:45 both the town and country and the astro have the bigger tires and bumpers already installed.

11:10 the windstar has the bigger wheels and crap as he is driving past to dump his rear seat out

11:15 the van has bigger tires when it starts the slide and at 11:17 when the camera cuts it has the small tires again

11:55 the town and country has the bigger tires as he is throwing out the seats.

12:08 you see the windstar coming up behind the town and country completely modified. That clip continues too show the modded windstar until about 12:30ish and then it cuts back to the stock version then 12:35 it's back to being modified again.

12:38ish the astro drives past showing its modded form camera cuts and at 12:41 it's not modded anymore.

Adam had the best LOOKING minivan. it was a generally entertaining episode. running cheap bangers in areas they don't normally go is fun to watch.

8/10
It was a good episode, but it felt a bit short when it came to the actual off-road trail bit. Maybe I wasn't paying attention enough, but that part seemed rather quick. I'm also not sure how I feel about the amphibious challenge part. The amphibious cars challenges from TG UK were 2 of the best episodes they ever did. But it felt like a bit of an afterthought in this episode, like the trail wasn't hard enough, so they came up with this at the last minute to fill time.

I didn't much like the amphibious challenge either. they should have saved that for a separate full episode.