[02x12] March 6th, 2012

[02x12] March 6th, 2012

• Total voters

Zafira

Pretty good episode apart from the shitty editing and changing the car/s for the final challenge.

shellygrrl

I didn't notice. :?
Me either.

Anyway. I should have figured Rut would've chosen the Astro, given the ruggedness. Totally thought Adam would've had the Failstar (? The Spie). Heh.

There definitely was a tenseness there when they were driving that took me back to the mothership's Bolivia Special. Holy crap.

And holy amphibious vans, Batman!

Definitely a solid episode.

MXV

Car(s)
2016 Mazda MX-5 + 2017 MINI Cooper-S Clubman all4
Because this is not a new season. History noted when they announced the new episodes a while ago that they will be a continuation of season 2.

Why they did that? I don't know. It's a little strange, but hey, whatever floats their boat.
I'd wager a lot that when they market it on DVD, it'll be Season 3.

d798

Car(s)
had a few in the past year lol
this was a solid 8 out of 10.

very nice!

Ko1

Car(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Solid ep. Gave it an 8 because not many people take minivans off-road. (Not many take their SUV's or jacked up diesels off-roading either but that's another discussion.)

For the challenges they did, I'll agree that the Astro was the winner as they're a better choice for people who need a more truck-like van. For pavement only day to day stuff, I'd probably pick the Chrysler. By destroying one, maybe two Aerostars, I might just forgive TGUS for the Corvair last week.

Burn

Car(s)
'02 VW Golf GTI - '89 W124 200TE
Check the front of the Chevy and Chrysler at 10:45. That is called sh*t editing. Where did the winches and auxiliary come from in the middle of race?
They stated in the voice-over before that that they installed winches and better tires. And you can say "shit" here.

at 10:22 (start of the Race) they weren't there, so still: shit editing :)

The point where they fit the off-road equipment is not until minute 16, after they had their first go on the trail...

Last edited:

Red Falcon

Car(s)
2005 Ford Focus Ghia 2.0, 1993 Monark Ranger
Very good ep, the end caught me completely off-guard :p

Rut's altitude-sickness made me remember my father, he was exactly the same :3

Edit: I quite liked the Failstar? engine sound :D

Last edited:

Burn

Car(s)
'02 VW Golf GTI - '89 W124 200TE
Is there actually anything that does NOT make Rut sick? ^^

theclerk74

Car(s)
1999 Saab 93 convt
Gave it a 9. It was pretty funny. I really had some good laughs through the Farm Animal Challenge. I like that they kept it American too, using minivans.

simbaleo

Car(s)
Lots of loud things.
at 10:22 (start of the Race) they weren't there, so still: shit editing :)
No worse than the Renault Avantime in TGUK-- that thing went through half a dozen seat and part configurations in one lap.

Red Falcon

Car(s)
2005 Ford Focus Ghia 2.0, 1993 Monark Ranger
Is there actually anything that does NOT make Rut sick? ^^
Yes! Driving while not wearing glasses despite being almost blind without them :D (apparently this is pretty sick-inducing, at least according to my brother :hmm:)

Last edited:

1gkek

I cried I laughed so hard during the farm animal challange. "Jazz Hands"... still makes me giggle.

They've found their form. I'm a fan.

LowFlyin'

Car(s)
'91 CRX Si - '91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
Got a 9 from me.

Was just going to watch the first half of the show before work...ended up staying and watching the whole thing before I left.

TC

aka TomCat
8/10

It was a good episode, but it felt a bit short when it came to the actual off-road trail bit. Maybe I wasn't paying attention enough, but that part seemed rather quick. I'm also not sure how I feel about the amphibious challenge part. The amphibious cars challenges from TG UK were 2 of the best episodes they ever did. But it felt like a bit of an afterthought in this episode, like the trail wasn't hard enough, so they came up with this at the last minute to fill time.

rdfox

Car(s)
'98 Buick Century
"They ATE the ashtray!" I had to pause the DVR for a few minutes to calm down after that... :D