[02x12] March 6th, 2012

[02x12] March 6th, 2012

• Total voters
Pretty good episode apart from the shitty editing and changing the car/s for the final challenge.

I didn't notice. :?

Me either.

Anyway. I should have figured Rut would've chosen the Astro, given the ruggedness. Totally thought Adam would've had the Failstar (? The Spie). Heh.

There definitely was a tenseness there when they were driving that took me back to the mothership's Bolivia Special. Holy crap.

And holy amphibious vans, Batman!

Definitely a solid episode.

Because this is not a new season. History noted when they announced the new episodes a while ago that they will be a continuation of season 2.

Why they did that? I don't know. It's a little strange, but hey, whatever floats their boat.
I'd wager a lot that when they market it on DVD, it'll be Season 3.

this was a solid 8 out of 10.

very nice!

I'd wager a lot that when they market it on DVD, it'll be Season 3.

Only Season 1 is out on DVD. That's a clue. ;)

Solid ep. Gave it an 8 because not many people take minivans off-road. (Not many take their SUV's or jacked up diesels off-roading either but that's another discussion.)

For the challenges they did, I'll agree that the Astro was the winner as they're a better choice for people who need a more truck-like van. For pavement only day to day stuff, I'd probably pick the Chrysler. By destroying one, maybe two Aerostars, I might just forgive TGUS for the Corvair last week.

Check the front of the Chevy and Chrysler at 10:45. That is called sh*t editing. Where did the winches and auxiliary come from in the middle of race?

They stated in the voice-over before that that they installed winches and better tires. And you can say "shit" here.

at 10:22 (start of the Race) they weren't there, so still: shit editing :)

The point where they fit the off-road equipment is not until minute 16, after they had their first go on the trail...

Last edited:
Very good ep, the end caught me completely off-guard :p

Rut's altitude-sickness made me remember my father, he was exactly the same :3

Edit: I quite liked the Failstar? engine sound :D

Last edited:
Gave it a 9. It was pretty funny. I really had some good laughs through the Farm Animal Challenge. I like that they kept it American too, using minivans.

at 10:22 (start of the Race) they weren't there, so still: shit editing :)

No worse than the Renault Avantime in TGUK-- that thing went through half a dozen seat and part configurations in one lap.

Is there actually anything that does NOT make Rut sick? ^^

Yes! Driving while not wearing glasses despite being almost blind without them :D (apparently this is pretty sick-inducing, at least according to my brother :hmm:)

Last edited:
I cried I laughed so hard during the farm animal challange. "Jazz Hands"... still makes me giggle.

They've found their form. I'm a fan.

Got a 9 from me.

Was just going to watch the first half of the show before work...ended up staying and watching the whole thing before I left.

8/10

It was a good episode, but it felt a bit short when it came to the actual off-road trail bit. Maybe I wasn't paying attention enough, but that part seemed rather quick. I'm also not sure how I feel about the amphibious challenge part. The amphibious cars challenges from TG UK were 2 of the best episodes they ever did. But it felt like a bit of an afterthought in this episode, like the trail wasn't hard enough, so they came up with this at the last minute to fill time.

"They ATE the ashtray!" I had to pause the DVR for a few minutes to calm down after that... :D