Votes: 15 12.4%

Votes: 7 5.8%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I hated the episode. There was hardly anything new. Peels? Safari Park? It was all done before by TG and done better. The original bits were funny, I did laugh at the van switch (and how it wasn't all that much faster than the ute anyway), and the radical across the isle of man was interesting.

I don't have much faith, but I saw enough of the real guys in there to think there MAY be potential. However the guys are just too simular. They are all just your normal aussie blokes, with nothing to really tell them apart. It NEEDS Warren back, because it needs that odd-ball type. Not just to copy TG, but because you need varity in your presenters. Also, if you had Warren, then James could have been used alot more in this episode than he was. I reacon they would have been an interesting pair together

I miss having Warren on the show too, but I'm not going to dwell on it.

Usually I patiently await the HD version. Did they not even air an HD version of this?

No, they didn't. Australia is currently (and for the text few years) in the process of switching off the analogue TV system and going to digital only. The commercial networks - which all had one analogue channel - are allowed three digital channels. They each get two in SD and one in HD, but until the switchover is complete, the law requires that each network's main channel (which TGA is on) be in SD. Until last weekend Nine was using its HD channel to simulcast their main service in HD, but now they have launched GEM, their third channel.

Last edited:
I truly enjoyed the episode. TGA has really upped its game for the time being. The hosts definitely had chemistry and given the fact that this is their first ever show together, they were quite good. I see great promise in it, and I think this series might turn out t be pretty good!

Loved it. Good balance between being informative and funny. That sheep front flipping followed by James' reaction has to be one of the funniest things I've seen. That being said, I don't think I'll enjoy the rest of the season as much, but there looks to be some exciting segments coming up.

Finally got around to registering - long time lurker :)

There is hope here - firstly that nein are actually spending a decent amount of money to make this and secondly, that the selected hosts seemed to work quite well together.

There was some good bits in this (Isle and Man driving section) and some bad (we *know* you swapped the Stig in for James - no need to mention it 4678 times during the race!). I think this was raised up by having the UK guys, especially Jeremy ("I'm in a pond, I'm in a pond").

Kinda annoyed about the HD/SD thing in Oz, but not really a Top Gear issue as such.

I voted a 7 - I'm a harsh critic!

I personally really enjoyed it. Shane is great, and I'm surprisingly impressed with Ewen. Steve seems to have calmed down slightly which is good as well. What I like the best is that at least in this episode they didn't seem to be trying to be aussie versions of the UK guys, thank CHRIST. Was a genuinely funny episode as well. Of COURSE everything is staged, it's Top Gear, and sometimes I wish they didn't make things quite so obvious (peanuts on the TR7 come to mind here), it was still entertaining watching them get overrun by baboons and all the other safari critters. The Isle of Man section was awesome as well, looked really really cool. The Challenges against the UK hosts, meh, I was expecting a rehash of D-Motor and I got it so not much to say there really, although Ewen taking out the Aussie Stig was probably the highlight. All in all a good start and a good way to introduce TGA to Nein, and I'm hoping that the series can keep it up. I'm giving it a 9.

call me crazy but I liked it lots.... definite 9/10 from me

may be because I just like arsing around episodes, but this 75 minutes have given me more laughs than the entire last season of TG UK...

I also particularly like "fat" Bruce, he's just funny somehow

That's the case for me too.

I voted an 8 simply because, the part with just the Aussies was pretty good but the shit with the poms was so rediculously scripted I kept struggling to watch.

Ditch Ewen, bring Waz back and you'd have a good team. You need a token bogan (Shane), someone that can drive (Steve) and an oddball. Waz is, Ewen ain't ... he's just one bogan too many.

Edit: Sorry, Ewen! Love your work as a journo, but you're not Waz. That said, if Shane decides to go off and make Kenny 2 ... maybe you, Steve and Waz can work together for Series 4?

Last edited:
I enjoyed it gave it a 8/10. Of course it's mostly scripted but still a good hoot. Will miss Warren but the new "Bruce's" seem to work well with the other "Bruce" :p. The only thing that pissed me off is their accents, I got used to them about 20min in. Probably it's just the first show in a while so not having heard it a bit it's just a bit of a shock to the system. :D

Last edited:
Because it's early days, I'll give the presenters the benefit of the doubt, but the majority of their banter and the challenges with the UK presenters were cliched and painful to watch... that said, the parts I found funny were truly unbelievably hilarious. I had trouble breathing during the Safari Park challenge, as stupid as it was to make them keep stopping just because it was so ridiculous. Bloody smart-arse baboons! :lmao:

A 5 / 10 at this stage. I expect once the series is underway and I get used to the new presenters I'll enjoy it more. I guess a bit of ockerish-ness (not a word) is unavoidable - you've got to appeal to the bogan Australian petrol heads to get them watching as well as long-time TG UK viewers. Hmm, not sure yet. :dunno:

Ewen Page said:
Yes, Icedvovo, I noticed over at Final Gear that you have a liking for Warren. I can understand this -I always thought he was very natural in front of camera.

HOLY SHIT EWEN READS FINAL GEAR

8/10 based upon hope really, thought S.Jacobson was way better than I expected, Ewan was fairly average and Steve like old, liked the 1st-half...
..2nd was ok, but nothing to rave about.

Agree with swapping Warren for Ewan.

HOLY SHIT EWEN READS FINAL GEAR

Bloody hell. We'll have to start talking all proper like!! (and start wearing pants!)

I reckon it's great. We have some good, solid constructive opinions on this forum and I for one always comment as if I'm being read by those who make the shows.

Onya Ewsie!

:)

Good but could have been better

Good but could have been better

The writing was just too bloody obvious. They could have done the same setups with not so obviously staged lines. Like shane's reaction to the peels rolling up the street. Come on mate, WE know YOU know that the Peels are coming round the corner for you. There's no need to feign surprise. Accept your fate, make a witty comment and move on.

I gave it an 8. The Proton Rally was kick ass on so many levels.

The Rhino, could not have been scripted so that was fantastic as well.

Can't wait to see the rest.

Ewen is better than S2 Waz. Waz was too full of himself in Series2.

I didn't know we had new presenters. :(
Electric Peel sounds awful... "and for that reason, i'm out."
I knew that was the XJ220 Transit. :cool:
Went well... until Top Gear scripting.
Fucking hell, that rally overtake. :blink:

"You got blown off by James May." :lol:

When I saw that Clarkson was going to bring out the Stig and say he was James (as we saw done in the contest with the Germans), I thought that the Australians would then trot out the Aussie Stig and say, "We've seen your show before!" Then we would have had two Stigs driving against each other. I still think this would have been a good idea and with potential for humour.

I wonder when this event was filmed. Might it have been the last bit of Top Gear work by the Stig?

Last edited: