Votes: 16 26.7%

Votes: 8 13.3%

Votes: 8 13.3%

Votes: 2 3.3%

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ewen has already become my favourite presenter. To me, he seems the most natural and the most enthousiastic without being over the top. So on that basis, they're heading in the right direction. However, Shane is just a tad annoying. Maybe he'll improve, but he has no car reviewing background and that shows.

In terms of the show, the ZR1 review was pointless. More than 50% of the time just trying to do 0-100? Boring. And I don't like the bogan-oriented news. That was not news. It was Funniest Home Car-Related Videos. Stop treating the viewer as an idiot. I know they're trying to appeal to people that don't care about cars, but it's still a car show. Try and show it.

8/10 from an American.

Not comparing it to any other TG brand, just against itself. Not too bad. The Supercar was pretty interesting and sounded sweet. I thought I noticed a chock under the front wheel just before Ewen stalled it the first time. Probably intentional on the producers part for a laugh, but his second stall was a rolling one. And, you could hear the excitement in his voice when driving it on the bridge. "We're into fourth gear! This is the single greatest day of my life!"

Shane's adlibbing when the banner fell was very smooth. Proves they can speak without a teleprompter; unlike a certain leader of a certain country in my hemisphere.
(Inside joke if you're from the U.S.)

The Race to the Sky reminded me of the day I tried to beat the piss out of a rental car as I drove up Pikes Peak in Colorado.

[Edit: If you're from the U.S. and want to try something like that NZ road, you'd better hurry if it's to be Pikes Peak....I just learned it's to be fully paved by 2012. Sad day.]

Last edited:
What was up with the ZR1 traction control? I don't recall any other reviews not being able to turn it all the way off...

After all the Ch Nein's bleating about not being able to show TGA in HD on GEM because of the female/skewed demographic*, they then broadcast the 20/20 cricket on the channel. Hmm.

(*as told to me on the phone by Ch9 programming)

They've been showing sport on GEM in HD from day one.