[03x03] November 2nd, 2010

[03x03] November 2nd, 2010

• Total voters
I feel like TGOz is just way too rushed!! Before they've bothered getting any valuable information from a test drive, they've already moved onto the next bit. I don't see the commercials, but I'm betting there's a LOT.

I like the chemistry between the hosts, but the Grey Nomad challenges were... a bit disappointing. However, it does feel a lot more spontaneous and unscripted than some challenges we see from TGUK. But come on, destroying your caravan before you even hit the road? ...

... wonder if the producers do any research or they have to select from "Eddies Mates" tallest pool.

I reckon that's pretty close to the truth.

And I reckon it's probably also taken them quite by surprise that cars fans aren't also by default also huge cricket and footy fans too. They probably thought all the male interests could be simply lumped into one large cross-promotional alpha-male-fest.

:)

Last edited:
I wonder whether Nein are getting cold feet now that the ratings have started to plummet...the figures are pretty low, and the show is being outrated by some real dross on the other channels...maybe that's why we got Eddie everywhere's IQ bonanza last night...?

I wonder whether Nein are getting cold feet now that the ratings have started to plummet...the figures are pretty low, and the show is being outrated by some real dross on the other channels...maybe that's why we got Eddie everywhere's IQ bonanza last night...?

The Eddie crapfest was always going to be on last night no matter how TGA rated.It's been advertised for a couple of months.The fact the TGA was suppose to be back next week but instead has been replace by a repeat TG might suggest Nine have discovered they have a turkey in TGA.

No, the problem is that the producer/editor IS a TGUK fan. They're trying, in an almost slavish fashion, to replicate the TGUK format....

That's a very optimistic view and I wish you were correct.

It's not an easy thing to do, Fifth gear have tried for years and made many mistake (who can remember Tim "Poochy" Loveboy).

The TGUK presenters are celebs because they're car enthusiasts, TGAU has this around the wrong way.

Shane is working very hard to be both but only Ewin and Steve are credible because they're not perpetuating a lie. Shane is very likeable and a better "host" then the other two but it won't take long before viewers tie to the same delivery.

I'd rather the stick to a more TGUK formula and ditch anything with Shane Warne, that way i'll stay awake long enough to see the entire episode.

So, are we calling CH9 TGA dead?

Doesn't look good. The official TG forum has gone all quiet too.

I think thats a little premature.

Hehe. I do too actually, but it really is all a bit odd. ;)

Maybe they're having to shoot some pick-up filler segments to compensate fore dumping Warney?

Nine screwing around with their schedule? Thats not odd at all. They do it all the time.

I remember Gyngell actually stating at some point that the viewers are not who Nine cater to, the advertisers are.

I wouldn't put it past 9 to axe it because it's not Two and a Half Repeats.

Mhmm.

I remember Gyngell actually stating at some point that the viewers are not who Nine cater to, the advertisers are.

If that be the case, I reckon we'll never see it again. >_<

I wonder how the advertisers actually rationalise the negative forum feedback? (And yes, you can bet brand managers DO read the forums. ESPECIALLY Shannon's...)

EDIT: If TGA ain't dead, it's coughing up blood.

Last edited:
I really want for it to continue, any of my comments I hope are seen as constructive criticism. Obviously nine has been going down hill since Eddy hit our screens. .

It's not on next week either.

"Top Gear 7:30pm - 9:00pm Tue, 23 Nov
Classified: PG Genre:Lifestyle Repeat
The Top Gear presenters are despatched to buy some everyday cars for converting into stretch limousines. Then they are sent to collect some high-profile celebrities who need a lift to the Brit Awards."

C'mon Stiggie, you must know what's going on...

Not really.

If I had to guess I would say that it has to do with the end of the ratings season. Around this time of year all the networks desperately try to grab the highest ratings possible in a last ditch effort to win the ratings war for the year. TGA wasn't rating as well as they would have liked, so they probably decided to pull it for the time being. As far as I know, there were five episode filmed (including the Ashes sepcial), so there should be one left. They've spent money on it, so I can't see them not showing it ever. They will probably just show it during the non-ratings period. But then, Nine can make decisions that are very difficult to understand sometimes.

Last edited:
Rating season my arse. :)

Warnie - The TV Series

Well, there's your answer. I just can imagine the TV exec phone call at Nein.

"That stupid pissant car show and its stupid bogan fans are going to kill Warnie's cred and jeopardise his new show. Pull it. PULL IT NOW!!"

So they reckon the problem is with the viewers, not with Shane Warne?

Ugh.

I hate 9.

I can't really imagine anybody thinking that Warnie has "cred". :rolleyes:

Hahaha. There's at least one gronk sitting in an office at Ch9 that 'believes' this to be true. :)

It's time TGA stop being a football for owed favours and a promotional device for washed up so-called sports celebs.

Give it back to SBS.

Hahaha. There's at least one gronk sitting in an office at Ch9 that 'believes' this to be true. :)

Scanning the paper the other day, a journo gave Warnie a rave review, suggesting he's the new Parky (admittedly with knock about larakin charm rather than interviewing skill).

Others remark "Warne's new chat show received accolades from critics but a lukewarm response from Twitter-users."