[03x09] December 28th, 2003

i am also interested in the song from 24:37-25:00 (the first song from james may's XJ6 introduction) if anyone could please help...:p
24:37 - 24:58 - Tricky - Hell is Around the Corner

And I've added a close to complete list above with new songs like...
Doves - Darker
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Spread Your Love
Pixies - Cecilia Ann
The Charlatans - The Only One I Know
Orbital - Total Paranoia
and others....

Last edited:
Anyone by any chance know the techno/bass song that plays during May's Jaguar review?

The song has also been on a few other episodes but I can't remember them -_-

Last edited:
The Cinematic Orchestra bit sounds suspiciously like Angel of Air by Carlos Santana and Alice Coltrane. I'm sure that Cinematic Orchestra probably just sampled Angel of Air.

one of best songs to be on TG ever and I don't know what it is!!!!

one of best songs to be on TG ever and I don't know what it is!!!!

I need to know the name of the track many of us are after too, if you ever find out please let me know via my email henrymarkstewart@hotmail.co.uk or by messaging '#46' at www.trance.fm

The very first song during the Jag XJ6 test is also played during series 3, episode 4 between 44.50 and 45.30 during the track test of the Lambo Gallardo when Clarkson shouts "The Germans!" as he powerslides and ending when he says "...let's see how it compares to the other Ferrari wannabes"
I first heard it during a TV review of Burnout 2 for the PS2 but I've also heard it during a TG test of the MG SV!

;)

XJ6 Lite, Gallardo and MG SV Xpower song.
This is the mystical one, everyone is after but no one knows what it is.....
It has eluded us for centuries..... like.
The big question - WHAT, IS, IT?

Chris Isaak Wicked Game Instrumental

Chris Isaak Wicked Game Instrumental

I looked up Chris Isaak Wicked Game Instrumental and while it sounds like the song I hear ~4:45, it's certainly a different version. Does anyone know very specifically what version is used in the episode?

I looked up Chris Isaak Wicked Game Instrumental and while it sounds like the song I hear ~4:45, it's certainly a different version. Does anyone know very specifically what version is used in the episode?

Okay, I did just try to post in here that it was the Turin Brakes version of Wicked Game, but I was wrong. There must be something going on, because I am clearly hearing the same song from 4:24-5:34 And while it sounds very similar to many covers of Wicked Game, it's a different song. Now it's about figuring out what the song is...

Okay, I did just try to post in here that it was the Turin Brakes version of Wicked Game, but I was wrong. There must be something going on, because I am clearly hearing the same song from 4:24-5:34 And while it sounds very similar to many covers of Wicked Game, it's a different song. Now it's about figuring out what the song is...

OKAY!! That is settled, after much fiddling, I was able to get Shazam on my iPhone to ignore Jeremy Clarkson's voice and tag the song, this is what I found, and it is 100% without a doubt the song I am hearing.

Album: Afyon oppio (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Artist: Gianfranco Plenizio
Song: Arrivo a New york

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/arrivo-a-new-york/id412114017?i=412114024

I've found it, but... I can't ACTUALLY find it.

I've found it, but... I can't ACTUALLY find it.

OKAY!! That is settled, after much fiddling, I was able to get Shazam on my iPhone to ignore Jeremy Clarkson's voice and tag the song, this is what I found, and it is 100% without a doubt the song I am hearing.

Album: Afyon oppio (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Artist: Gianfranco Plenizio
Song: Arrivo a New york

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/arrivo-a-new-york/id412114017?i=412114024

I used an audio-identifying program to track down the song you're talking about at the beginning of this episode. It's called "Brown Gargle" and it's by an artist named Jim Blake.

Unfortunately - there don't seem to be ANY recordings of this song ANYWHERE in the entire internet.