[03x11] February 26th, 2013

[03x11] February 26th, 2013

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
So, who else is sick of this format already? I am. Don't get me wrong, I was entertained. It wasn't a bad episode. First, they had to go and ruin the first challenge by showing the preview of what is going to happen right after the commercial. Then, go figure, Tanner gets to drive the car based on a technicality. I mean seriously, they even had a notice before the scene that no laws were broken. They still call a DQ, just because Adam used his lights? There was some good though. Tanner's "I'm going to put on some pasties first" and Adam's reply "You're Classy." :lol:
Overall, could have been better. I'm feeling generous, so it gets and 8.

I was pretty entertained all the way through. One thing I really like that TGUS is doing that TGUK no longer seems to do is testing cars in unique locations. TGUK can't seem to get off their track anymore, and let's face it, it is a boring track. Seeing Tanner drifting around the inside of that parking structure in an M5 was cool but most importantly it was entertaining....mostly because Rut and Adam were in the back seats. The McLaren test was also a nice change with pitting it against Nascar.

This weeks challenge was a pretty good one, unique cars, fun hooliganisms in Vegas, no carnage. It is getting a bit old having Tanner win every week just because they set it up that the winner gets to do the new car review. I understand why they want Tanner doing the driving in those reviews but maybe they can mix it up a bit and just use it as a stand alone film instead of making it the reward. That way it doesn't feel so forced and they don't need to make up reasons why he won. They could also then cherry pick some vehicles that would fit Rut or Adam to do some reviews of their own. I thought Rut's V12 Vantage review back in season 1 was actually pretty good.

Got to say, this season has been pretty solid. I hope we can get a few more seasons from these guys.

It was reasonably entertaining, some good gags in the taxi challenge but most of all watching the McLaren race though I was slightly hoping for the MP4-12c to win it was still fun to watch.

So, who else is sick of this format already? I am. Don't get me wrong, I was entertained. It wasn't a bad episode. First, they had to go and ruin the first challenge by showing the preview of what is going to happen right after the commercial. Then, go figure, Tanner gets to drive the car based on a technicality. I mean seriously, they even had a notice before the scene that no laws were broken. They still call a DQ, just because Adam used his lights? There was some good though. Tanner's "I'm going to put on some pasties first" and Adam's reply "You're Classy." :lol:
Overall, could have been better. I'm feeling generous, so it gets and 8.

I've got to agree. I personally would have had Adam (Because he actually won) reviewing the McLaren, and when it came to the actual race I'd have The Stig (Remember him? TGUS seems to have forgotten all about him.) do the actual driving.

But apart from that, I was entertained, so an 8 seems fair.

Yeah, I was so excited that Adam won because he would get to drive the McLaren. I would have been a lot more "okay" with Tanner getting to drive it if they hadn't said so on a voiceover. But, Adam lost because he "broke the law" even though the disclaimers said that no laws were broken. Cop out!

I got one word for this episode, AWESOME!!! This show is making Tanner Foust look like driving god lol

10/10. My favorite show of the season so far.

Genuinely Original Challenge, Loved the tests, esp Tanner with loading and unloading the Scion.

McLaren and M5 segments were fun as well.

Wow, absolutely one hell of a great episode! Laugh my ass of a couple of times. The taxi challenge was so bad ass. Tanners "taxi" with 500 bhp. Yeeeeah! And the cabulance, wtf? Hahah. The M5 looked so good in that orange colour too.

Tanner is such a cunt.

Agreed. He talks about the BMW M5 not being suitable for taxi duty because it costs $90K and then shows up in a $100K Scion that his friends built.

And I'm pretty sure that running over your fares is a big no-no for cabbies.

Agreed. He talks about the BMW M5 not being suitable for taxi duty because it costs $90K and then shows up in a $100K Scion that his friends built.

It's not suitable for taxi duty because it's EVIL!!!, and the last thing cab drivers need is to have more evil thrust upon them.

So Rut gets DQ'd last week, Adam this week....Tanner's turn next time :p

That was an awesome episode. The challenges were both clever and fun (Tanner losing his luggage and a passenger had me in tears). The cars themselves were pretty cleverly thought out, and none of them got wrecked.

Seeing Tanner win to drive the supercar is sort of a forgone conclusion, but he sure makes it worth it. I love the "prize" segments because that's when they do the sort of cinematography and musical scores that Top Gear is known for. Also that was the coolest thing I've ever seen a stock car do. I'm not a fan of Nascar, but that race with the McLaren was awesome and really showed the contrast of the philosophies between the way the two cars are made. I liked how they included Rut in the segment so it wasn't just Tanner.

Great fun from beginning to end.

9/10 for me. Very fun episode to watch. You could tell the guys were genuinely having fun with the challenges and each other.

WOW! I was really enjoying this episode! Laughed a lot during the taxi challenge. Tanner's falling out stuff, Rut's not able to speak with da ladies and Adam's magician trying to impress? Maybe his assistant ;)

Also, being that I'm in mostly rainy season right now, really enjoying the fact that they travel around beautiful places and show of all the nice spots of U.S. and A! :)

I haven't watch the UK version in such a long time, I don't miss it since I feel the US is far more entertaining. It's episodes like these that bring new life to such a great brand.

10/10

I didn't like the actual taxi challenge but the 2 that led up to it were great, and watching the McLaren race a nascar was more than impressive. I knew the McLaren had better brakes, and obviously traction control and ABS, but I didn't think it'd be that close at the end.

This episode was loads better than the pile of turd that TGUK was this week.