[03x15] March 26th, 2013

[03x15] March 26th, 2013

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
7.5 rounded to 7. the last bit saved it.

Did anyone notice that Tanner had two different 300zx's? In some shots you can see that the yellow 300zx had 3 slots near the bottom sides of the front bumper which denotes the turbocharged model as the slots were for the factory intercooler. In other scenes the slots were not present in the bumper, which denotes the naturally aspirated model. I wonder why they had to film with two different 300zx's?

Did anyone notice that Tanner had two different 300zx's?

As an owner of a number of 1990 and 1991 300ZXs (non and Turbo), Indeed I did. :)

Tanner had a 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo and a 19921-1993 non-Turbo (but with the Turbo spoiler). As Squeezer noted, the TT had the intake grills in the bottom front fascia. It also did not have the silver Nissan logo in the nose panel between the headlights (instead there is a NISSAN decal along the front of the bumper) and the "Turbo Cloth" seats on the interior shot. The non-turbo has the silver nose logo and the interior had leather seats and dark velour door panels (1990 and 1991 had grey cloth).

The 1990 TT was used for the rally course and looked like it took a bit of a beating from Rutt. So that might have killed the car and they had to go to the "backup" for shooting inside the "cold box" and some of the other establishing shots.

I liked, it was entertaining :)

I did noticed the switched Nissan too, but that didn't bothered me. What's actually bothering me is how easily Rut gives up on anything. Goddamn dude, quit being so lazy, put your back into the challenges! I have been in a similar temperature (-33F outside, 6F inside the car) so I know how bad it feels, but Rut was doing fine! His voice wasn't even quivering :shakefist:

Adam got me worried though, that wasn't acting, it was real hypothermia :(

Liked it as well. I'm not a fan at all of the Bentley but that was a pretty nice video and probably the only time on any Top Gear where the race looked legit from start to finish. There were a few coverage inserts but it looked like a real race with no preplanned jumps over the car in the middle because it would look cool. Instead we got a Bentley catching some air.

I agree with Red Falcon, man up Rut! You've quit so many challenges almost immediately. Also they need to stop using the cars breaking down as an excuse to not run a challenge. That has been happening a lot on Top Gear US. If a car fails to even start at the beginning of a challenge, just cut, get it working and pretend it never happened. It is quite boring seeing a car just sit motionless at the start line.

Adam's knees sure looked beat up after the freeze challenge. What has that guy been doing?

Also they need to stop using the cars breaking down as an excuse to not run a challenge. That has been happening a lot on Top Gear US. If a car fails to even start at the beginning of a challenge, just cut, get it working and pretend it never happened. It is quite boring seeing a car just sit motionless at the start line.

Um ... you do recall that TGUK has set precedents for this. Remember how Jeremy's Lancia Beta failed to start at the Botswana "Stig's African Cousin Rally" Challenge?

Um ... you do recall that TGUK has set precedents for this. Remember how Jeremy's Lancia Beta failed to start at the Botswana "Stig's African Cousin Rally" Challenge?
In that particular episode they also played it up for laughs. The car had smoke coming from it, not just didn't start, then African Stig walked off. For the most part they do have a pretty good record of having all 3 vehicles attempt any particular challenge.

Hell the US team replaced Tanner's car with a completely different vehicle. They could have taken 5 minutes before shooting to jump Adam's car for the challenge. They already had only 1 car complete the entire track.

This and the last episode weren't their best work to be honest :| 6 points from me.
Hope the Iceland special will go in the other direction.

This episode was pretty cringe worthy imo which is a disappointment since I really liked last weeks show.