[04x02] September 10th, 2013

[04x02] September 10th, 2013

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Now this is Top Gear. Beautiful scenery, 3 crazy concepts, joking around, many laugh out loud moments and a bear. I was actually pretty impressed with the Tacoma design. With some thought and a few more details that could actually a pretty sweet design for a pickup.

Did Tanner dive and hit the brakes with his hand at the end of the drag strip?

I'm really hoping they take a trip to Hawaii sometime. No Top Gear has gone there yet.

Despite being a TGUK fan from way back and seen similar 'let's make our own convertible/camper/whatever' road trip themed TGs, I genuinely enjoyed this episode. Laughed out loud a couple of times, especially in the first half when things seemed more ab-libbed. Tanner's reaction to a comment about his greying hair, for instance :)

Overall a solid ep. Didn't really blow my hair back, but entirely watchable.

1. I do think it's time for Jeremy and the UK boys to go to Alaska. Especially that racetrack.
2. It must be comforting to know that JC isn't the only one who can kill a Toyota truck.
3. Okay, Adam came in last, but he sure had fun dropping that truck.
4. Production values are definitely on a par with TGUK in this one.

Not ~as~ good as the first Alaska one but still a very solid episode.

I noticed the Toyota seems to be missing its engine, tranny and probably the fuel tank as well right after he offers the extra $20 to hit the Jeep and they're obviously gone when Tanner and Rutledge inspect the damage. I can see removing anything containing hazardous fluids as a condition of doing the drop stunt though so it's all good.

Fantastic scenery and I always enjoy a good Three Stooges film. 8/10.

Nearly lost it when Rut clipped the mailboxes. I see another gif coming up.

Last edited:
Really good one, that drag strip is beautiful! :O

Rut trying to close his Jeep's roof with Tanner driving, and his Mike Tyson face tattoo had me rolling on the floor :D

8/10

Not too shabby, As a fan of TGUK, I am continuously impressed by TGUS's latest efforts. Hope History keeps this series running long.

Better. Also, I think Adam had the best 'convertible' of the lot...though in true Top Gear fashion, (UK & US), they were all shit!;)

1. I do think it's time for Jeremy and the UK boys to go to Alaska. Especially that racetrack.
2. It must be comforting to know that JC isn't the only one who can kill a Toyota truck.
3. Okay, Adam came in last, but he sure had fun dropping that truck.

^^agreed

8/10

Best part is that they didn't use instagram filters or bedazzled the hell out of the footage using whatever new plugin they got for their avid or final-cut. They let the scenery do the talking and that alone puts the production values above TGUK these days. It also helped that it was the clearest couple of days that I have seen of Alaska on film.

Considering the current (not so good state) state of TGUK episodes, I find TG America quite amusing... Too bad their presenters are barely watchable. Content wise, excellent episode!
Maybe TGUK should now follow their steps :D