[04x09] November 19th, 2013

[04x09] November 19th, 2013

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I will say this much: that an EcoBoost engine, in a truck, can pull that jet plane was pretty impressive.
I skipped over the "parking with civilians" bit. I'm never impressed with either TGUK or TGUS whenever they interact with regular folks, because it just comes across as presenters having bad social skills.
Did Adam really sprain his elbow or something?

I skipped over the "parking with civilians" bit. I'm never impressed with either TGUK or TGUS whenever they interact with regular folks, because it just comes across as presenters having bad social skills.

Yeah, me too. It's always so cringe worthy in general.

Did Adam really sprain his elbow or something?

My guess is that he did that outside of the show and that they filmed the beginning of the show after his arm had healed. That way it could be written into the script.

I don't agree with that. If the show were just the three of them all the time, it would get very depressing. I'm glad that they're not afraid to have other people on it.

I don't get that, "playing in the pools for a bit" while in a race... that renders that part pointless. towing test, easy to use, and manuveur ability was ok. This was an ok episode I think

Yeah, me too. It's always so cringe worthy in general.

Well said. Most of the challenges with family or civies are terrible, but I must concede it was actually a good addition to the episode. It was hilarious, and I busted up laughing when the lady couldn't figure out how to drive. Plus, when the old man needed to use the restroom... It was great.

I thought the interaction in this episode was great, it was funny, and while the first challenge was a bit ridiculous the other two were superb. I didn't mean to give it a ten, but it's up there with some of my other favorite episodes. It's the first I've seen the US guys actually seemed concerned about one of the group (Tanner hitting the brakes).

Obviously Adam smashed his truck, why else would they be so silent :mrgreen:

Plane challenge was pretty cool!

Kinda surprised Rutt chose a Tundra over a Silverado, but I guess he had to because looks like they were reviewing 1/2 ton trucks, and I don't think the 2014-Gen GM trucks were out when this was filmed, and if he used the 07-13 Generation Silverado/Sierra, he'd be out in no time given that the Ford and Dodge were lightyears ahead.

/EDIT/ God, I really, REALLY want that Dodge.

Last edited:
Great episode. I liked it, its very american.

Kinda surprised Rutt chose a Tundra over a Silverado, but I guess he had to because looks like they were reviewing 1/2 ton trucks, and I don't think the 2014-Gen GM trucks were out when this was filmed, and if he used the 07-13 Generation Silverado/Sierra, he'd be out in no time given that the Ford and Dodge were lightyears ahead.

/EDIT/ God, I really, REALLY want that Dodge.

I'm pretty sure the hosts are given the choice of whatever they want to drive, and Rut has always been a fan of Toyotas iirc. Tanner is sponsored by Ford so he usually takes those. Adam is really the only wildcard.

I'm not usually a fan of the truck episodes but I enjoyed that. The cutout bit was pretty funny as was the usually cringy "family" challenge. Good use of the Stig considering it wasn't planned. Although it also put the Stig in a position where he lost twice. The Stig should never lose. :)

The plane bit was surprisingly tense.

9/10

Although I have been critical of new vehicle tests in the past, I have to say I enjoyed this one. I too, was surprised Rut didn't pick a GM product, but I would assume the Ford and Dodge were far superior and the GM wouldn't stand much of a chance. I thought the parking challenge was funny, as was the brake challenge. The plane pull was most interesting to me, a V6 pulling like that was most impressive. Also, I actually liked seeing Tanner beat the Stig.

9/10

straight 8.

stig passenger was too much lol

me likey despite it being trucks i'll never have any use for. Still, would get a RAM over a Yoda anyday

My guess is that he did that outside of the show and that they filmed the beginning of the show after his arm had healed. That way it could be written into the script.

I guess we can throw that theory out the window considering he was still in that sling on the series finale?

I guess we can throw that theory out the window considering he was still in that sling on the series finale?
Yeah it probably happened while filming that off-road bit. It isn't out of the question to bang up your arm/shoulder bouncing around off-road. All he had to do was take a big bump and slam it into the side of the door.

The version I've heard is that Adam *did* manage to roll the Ram (explaining why they changed trucks) and separated his shoulder doing that, but due to some sort of possible pending litigation (and no, there's no word on what sort), they couldn't show the footage of it.