[05x01] June 3rd, 2014

[05x01] June 3rd, 2014

• Total voters
Finally caught the episode. That wheelie, he's lucky to be alive. I'm kinda conflicted about that. Even though I approve of his taste in cars, he's the first I'd get rid of, but killing him off... that' might be too much. The schlock factor is very high in TGA. Wish they would concentrate on what Tanner does. Rally and off road racing, but that's not to be. They'll continue to stumble along like the trio of automotive stooges they are until they get canceled. Who knows, maybe they'll get better.

The height thing really annoys me- Tanner and Adam are the same height, for crying out loud.
I always thought Adam was taller but you are right, they are both 5'10". In a way that kind of makes the jabs funnier.

I gave it an 8. The resto mod's were pretty cool as were those factory produced drag cars. The fly and blindfold segments were a bit lame, but otherwise I thought it was pretty good. I wonder if that Drag Pack Challenger was set up to do that wheelie because they generally launch pretty straight. Many S/S cars are known to lift the front end like that, but I have never seen one of those factory cars lift it quite like that and drag racing is my favorite motorsport.

Just watched ... pretty good episode. I don't see how one can rate it bellow a 7 ... Rated 8.

I thought the fly bit was interesting. Not so much because of the challange, but because of the trio's reactions to the flies. I expected Rut to freak out the most, but he was the calmest.

This episode looked incredibly staged, that lift off was impressive though. Also nice to see some classic cars, although I wish they could have been more detailed with the modifications in it. Reciting spec is boring.

I quite liked this episode, I loved the choice of cars. And to be honest I was quite surprised they were allowed to do all those burnouts and stuff. The challenges were silly, but amusing and Rut's wheelies at the end were epic. Not a bad start to the season.