[05x05] November 21st, 2004

There is a song from Top Gear (Series 5, Episode 5) which aired on 21, November 2004. Sorry, but I do not have the exact times, however the song is at the end of the segment featuring the Neuremburg track where JC had to go-round the track in under 10:00min in an S-Type Jag. The song starts when JC is nearing the few last corners, and ends as he crosses the finish line. The song is a choir type of song. This would help me a lot, so if anyone has any idea please post it.
- Thanks, Chris

dodge charger

dodge charger

whats the name of the song when richard hammond is testing if the dodge charger would fit in his garage
please help!!!!!

Re: TG - [05x05] - November 21st, 2004

Re: TG - [05x05] - November 21st, 2004

My_name_is _Chris said:
There is a song from Top Gear (Series 5, Episode 5) which aired on 21, November 2004. Sorry, but I do not have the exact times, however the song is at the end of the segment featuring the Neuremburg track where JC had to go-round the track in under 10:00min in an S-Type Jag. The song starts when JC is nearing the few last corners, and ends as he crosses the finish line. The song is a choir type of song. This would help me a lot, so if anyone has any idea please post it.
- Thanks, Chris
Craig Armstrong - Escape

The William Orbit - Barber's Adagio for Strings is (probably) not the ferry corsten remix, I havn't found one that suits (perhaps an obscure radio edit) but as far as I could tell it was 3 or 4 pieces of the original song cut down to suit the length of the clip. anyhow the parts used wern't ones that ferry had changed in his remix. so there really isn't any point in saying it's his remix if the parts we hear are untouched by ferry.

so perhaps just take out the ferry corsten remix part... or put the song in 4 times or call it a topgear mix...

(oh and they used the same "mix" in the 5x 07 ep, and it shares it's timestamp there with dj tiesto's version which isn't the one used.)

The William Orbit - Barber's Adagio for Strings is (probably) not the ferry corsten remix

The song in the episode is the original William Barber's -just do a UTube vid search for willaim orbit the org version will come up :)

I can easily tell the difference between William's and Tiesto's version.
a- William's is more euphoric and Trance
b-Tiesto is harder like Techno.

anyways i'm wondering whether peeps can help me, i've been looking for a song from this episode for ages i cant find out what it is.

now it doesnt help either that there's two version of the clip as well.
the song i wanna find is where Jeremy starts to drive better with the Jaguar Diesel around Nurburing on the start of the 2nd day. it's after he spins out onthe wet track and after Sabine has finished chatting but it's before Club Foot starts to play but it's not Escape by craig armstong.

i'll try to find the song i mean on a vids site

tnx

Last edited:
anyways i'm wondering whether peeps can help me, i've been looking for a song from this episode for ages i cant find out what it is
I think you are looking for "Ovary Stripe" by Kasabian. It shouldn't be hard to find -- it's on the same album as "Club Foot"

your correct at the time slot but it's the wrong song...

ugh i cant find the video on UTube,they took it off :(

never mind looks like i'll be carrying on my search...

cheers for the help

your correct at the time slot but it's the wrong song...

ugh i cant find the video on UTube,they took it off :(

never mind looks like i'll be carrying on my search...

cheers for the help

That is the song from the original airing on BBC2... so the music was replaced by something else on this youtube vid?

well not just UTube either

i know there's two versions of it because the audio track i want was aired on one of the UKTV channels on sky....

i'll have to keep searching anyways- until i get somewhere lol

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I am trying to find a song in ep 505. It begins during Richard's test of the Aero 8 GTN. Specifically right after he says "But I'll tell you what it has got: big boots." The timecode is something on the lines of 01:37 to 02:50.

Can anyone help me out?

Howard Shore - A Knife In The Dark (The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring) is what my memory tells me.

You guys have Curtis Mayfield - Superfly for 16:08 -

However I am positive that its the David Holmes song from the Oceans 11 soundrack - Dialogue: Boobytrapping.

I'll edit in the sendspace link as soon as it's done uploading.

Edit: Here's the sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mh2fgk

I'm sorry I couldn't obtain a sample, audacity decided to be whiny, so it's the full song =/

Last edited:
Yeah, there are actually a lot of errors in that list. It is definetly in need of a serious update -- and one is currently in the works.

Last edited:
Actually i found that 55:00 - 56:09 - Craig Armstrong - Hanging

Isnt Hanging, That is the Orchestral Origonal. Its actually Escape, From the soundtrack "Plunkett and Macleane". The difference is that they have a sort of Drum thing added to it!!!

Thanks to those who have updated this list. I knew some songs were missing but couldn't find them

Adam

Big update for this list. It is now very close to complete.

New Additions:
01:37 - 02:49 - Howard Shore - A Knife in the Dark
04:52 - 05:29 - Howard Shore - A Knife in the Dark
16:08 - 16:37 - David Holmes - Boobytrapping
16:37 - 16:50 - Heinz Kiessling - Warm ?n Cuddly
17:30 - 17:42 - David Holmes - Foley Part 2
17:42 - 18:17 - Hans Zimmer - Barbarian Horde
18:18 - 19:12 - David Holmes - Rip Rip
19:13 - 19:48 - Abigail Mead - Parris Island
19:50 - 20:06 - Christopher Gordon, Iva Davies - Into the Fog
20:06 - 22:40 - Hans Zimmer - Barbarian Horde
42:40 - 43:17 - Massive Attack - You?ve Never Had a Dream
44:02 - 45:41 - Kasabian - I.D.
45:44 - 46:07 - Depeche Mode - Freestate
48:26 - 49:30 - Massive Attack - The Dog Obeys
49:36 - 50:04 - The Sabres of Paradise - Edge 6
50:16 - 50:28 - Morcheeba - Charango (Instrumental)
52:59 - 53:26 - Faithless - Five
53:28 - 54:00 - Kasabian - Ovary Stripe

Last edited: