[05x08] October 7th, 2014

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Sorry, forgot to make the thread!

This was a really good episode. I liked that they went to Germany and laughed a lot at their little german-language attempts (the last time I laughed like that was when Tanner "feliz navidad-ed" those girls in Vegas or whereever it was. First TGUS ep I thought could have run longer. The soundtrack was incredible also. I think it could have been a lot more fun for viewers had Tanner gotten a "proper" car too (R8?). 9/10.

I think it could have been a lot more fun for viewers had Tanner gotten a "proper" car too (R8?).

:nod: An R8 would have been a good choice.

Ausfahrt

Pretty good episode. I do wish they were able to spend more time over there.

Really liked the ep. I believe Tanner was really annoyed about having a slower car than the other two. But in the end he got to use the racecar, so I think it was a great trip for all of them.

But i noticed one thing: when they were doing the "beer keg slalom" they were still in Wolfsburg, I think it even was the Stadium right next to the Autostadt where they picked the cars up ;)

Even though the US has excellent scenery, it was nice to see them playing in someone else's backyard. TGUK do it often - it adds some depth to an otherwise ordinary challenge. Hope they travel some more - a good episode.

Nice trip with an unbelievable bad cutter:
They start in Wolfsburg, presenting the car under the Phaeno, some kind of science museum. After having a drag race (iI think at the airfield in Braunschweig) they went south to the mountains (Harz). Then pretenting to go south west to the N?rburgring, they got back to Wolfsburg for the slalom race. Then followed the trip at the Autobahn to the N?rburgring (a mixture of shots at the A395 south from Braunschweig, A39 and some streets in Wolfsburg). All shots took place hundreds of kilometers far away from the N?rburgring.
And when they finally arrived, I couldn't believe, what I saw:
First they've been at Zerm?llen, going north to the north. Then being at the D?ttinger H?he they came from the eastside to the Ring. The next scene shows the roundabout at Kelberg, I think.

But beside this, it was great fun to see the guys getting made about driving fast at the Autobahn. Respect to Adam for surviving the Ring.
They have the great wide open on the interstates, we have our Autobahn for celebrating speeeeeeeed.

There also was a huge mistake in the map of Germany. Koblenz was pointed out to be near G?ttingen. In reality it is some hundred kilometer to the south west, almost in the middle between Cologne and Frankfurt at the river Rhein, about less than an hour to the Green Hell. By the way, I was born near Koblenz. In the early days, when the "old" formula one track was used, the teams passed our house.... The best place to be born at for a petrol head.

Nice trip with an unbelievable bad cutter:
They start in Wolfsburg, presenting the car under the Phaeno, some kind of science museum. After having a drag race (iI think at the airfield in Braunschweig) they went south to the mountains (Harz). Then pretenting to go south west to the N?rburgring, they got back to Wolfsburg for the slalom race. Then followed the trip at the Autobahn to the N?rburgring (a mixture of shots at the A395 south from Braunschweig, A39 and some streets in Wolfsburg). All shots took place hundreds of kilometers far away from the N?rburgring.
And when they finally arrived, I couldn't believe, what I saw:
First they've been at Zerm?llen, going north to the north. Then being at the D?ttinger H?he they came from the eastside to the Ring. The next scene shows the roundabout at Kelberg, I think.

But beside this, it was great fun to see the guys getting made about driving fast at the Autobahn. Respect to Adam for surviving the Ring.
They have the great wide open on the interstates, we have our Autobahn for celebrating speeeeeeeed.

There also was a huge mistake in the map of Germany. Koblenz was pointed out to be near G?ttingen. In reality it is some hundred kilometer to the south west, almost in the middle between Cologne and Frankfurt at the river Rhein, about less than an hour to the Green Hell. By the way, I was born near Koblenz. In the early days, when the "old" formula one track was used, the teams passed our house.... The best place to be born at for a petrol head.

You missed one: The drive through the medieval town to the church was shot in Goslar. I know it, I was born there and recognized the town after 10 seconds. But let's not get pedantic, I guess even most Germans didn't notice that :p I can confirm, though, that driving through there is quite challenging.