[06x03] June 12th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yea... ur right... :bangin:

andyhui01 said:
^yea... that new jag looks so amazing, I would definetly buy that over the Aston Martin... :D

Over the DB9, no, and definitely not over the V8 Vantage, but it's a car I'd consider... It will cost little more than half the price of the DB9, too.

I would buy the Jag... simply because its a Jaguar and the name has so much class... just like Volvo's, I've liked jags for a while, but not as much as volvos

Volvo has no class in this country - Jaguar on the other hand are top of the pops - but then again so is Aston Martin

Here in Canada, Volvo still stands for overwhelmingly dull, but pretty high class. Most people rather get the mechanically inferior Mercs rather than a Volvo.

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
James May goes back to the 70's with the Maserati Bora

Gh, these historic cars are getting bored. I'd so much more enjoyed the Murano or any other new car. Historic inserts just don't work with me.

static said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

Gh, these historic cars are getting bored. I'd so much more enjoyed the Murano or any other new car. Historic inserts just don't work with me.

You and I, hmmmmmm... one!
Give me historic cars' pieces everyday. I can see a boring review of the Murano on every magazine, but not about the Bora. :mrgreen:

overheat said:
Volvo has no class in this country - Jaguar on the other hand are top of the pops - but then again so is Aston Martin

oops... I didn't mean to say Volvo has class... I just wanted to say I like all these cars for old people like Volvos... volvo's are just unique and good looking in their own way, if you drive a volvo, your car wouldn't be mistaken for something else ;)

bihus said:
static said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

Give me historic cars' pieces everyday. I can see a boring review of the Murano on every magazine, but not about the Bora. :mrgreen:

Here here - I adore the old car reviews

Overheat said:
bihus said:
static said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

Here here - I adore the old car reviews

So do I. A mixture of old and new helps keep things balanced

Yea old and new is great for me, but thing is a new car can be boring, I mean its new how can you tell if its a boring car, but an Old car being reviewed has to have been a nonboring fun car........Unless it was a halariously boring old car. ;)

andyhui01 said:
overheat said:

oops... I didn't mean to say Volvo has class... I just wanted to say I like all these cars for old people like Volvos... volvo's are just unique and good looking in their own way, if you drive a volvo, your car wouldn't be mistaken for something else ;)

haha. I know what you are talking about. I own a Volvo 240 Saloon myself. Volvo's have a distinctive design that can't be mistaked. Only problem is that Ford now owns them and it's going down hill with the looks. New V70, S60 and S80 are beautiful cars. The s40 and v50 are to small and quiet. I tried a S40 and floored the 2.4 5 cylinder petrol. no ompf and no sound. it was just cramped and dull. The Volvo I want the most is the old V70 (boxy model) Turbo AWD.. But it's too expensive for my pocket. They still are around 240.000 NOK here (approx 37,000 $) due to insane toll fees in Norway.

My parents drive a Volvo 460 & had another one before that, "dull" is exactly the image Volvo has over here, and rightly so, imo.
(Not saying it's a bad car though, hardly ever gone wrong in it's 11 year lifespan & the 1.9TD in there is quite chuckable)

I definently prefer the DB9 over the XK concept on looks, they went over a bit with the chrome looking parts. Despite this, it will be considerably cheaper than a DB9, and servicing would probably be more affordable too, so to me it would a semi-realistic dreamcar.

Jeremy opening a swimming pool ought to be good. :D

andyhui01 said:
^yea... that new jag looks so amazing, I would definetly buy that over the Aston Martin... :D

I'm not sure about the lower front of the jag. Looks a little plain, like they ran out of ideas.

Still, my dad's always been a Jaguar man, trying to convince him to get one of those when he moves on from his current one :p

Cool...

But I've got a question that would be cool to have answered.

: Remember in the episode when JC race the Aston Martin Vanquish vs. the
Ferrari 575 Maranello, they use a high speed camera, and I almost wet my pants
everytime I watch it. But where did that camera go?!? Did you only rent it? If so,
make them buy it!

EDIT: Uh things went kind of fuck, somehow I thought the last one to post was bbc.co.uk/topgear

Janus said:
i think i knew about 5 of stars before they were on top gear and Christopher Ecclestone is no exception. who is he?

Simon Cowell
Patrick Stewart
Christian Slater
Lionel Richie
Jordan
Jamie Oliver

thats it. 6 people. everyone else i had no idea who the hell they were, and most i still dont know.

I think you need to be in England to know who a majority of the people are. Most of them are from English T.V. shows and are household names over there.

Richard Whiteley ? Has hosted a very long running English game show called Count Down.
Johnny Vegas, Harry Enfield ? Both English comedians.
Jonathan Ross ? Hosts just about ever other bloody show in England.
Geri Halliwell ? Ex Ginger Spice
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson ? Ex celeb hottie and media whore.
Gordon Ramsey ? Famous chef.
Sir Cliff Richard ? VERY famous English singer.
Jodie Kidd ? Model and actually ONE HELL OF A DRIVER!
Jay Kay ? Lead singer of Jamiroquai and an avid collector of cars, although not a very good driver.
Ronnie O'Sullivan ? Snooker world champ.

They are just a few that I spotted and can remember.

Don't know if this has been said (I didn't see it when I read through the posts) but I'm guessing that the "splash" in the pool will be him driving the car into the pool that they briefly show in the "what's coming this season" segment of this seasons first episode. I'm also guessing that this will be some kind of homage to the rocker (whose name escapes me at this moment in time) who drove his Rolls Royce into a pool at a party.

Patrick Stewart (captian on Star Trek: Next Generation, and Professor X on Xmen the movie) was on TG once

Status
Not open for further replies.