[06x03] June 12th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard "The 700MB isn't any better" and perhaps you remembered that.
I thought I'd go back and check, and you're right, the thread I was thinking of viper and others were saying it wasn't much better, and not worth the size in their opinion. And then the issue is debated ad infinitum in other threads (Video Sizes, audio not enough for instance).

Personally, I'm happy with VUK's, but it's subjective.

TheDude said:
bobzilla said:
People generally say the 700MB one isn't as high a quality. It's just not compressed as well.

I've never heard that.

I've heard "The 700MB isn't any better" and perhaps you remembered that.

It's certainly never been worse than the 350MB versions.

Thanks for the note,i was getting the 700MB one n i canceled the download now,waiting for VUKs rip :)

3278 said:
Cruzz563 said:
Upload started 30 minutes ago, 3 and a half hours left till the upload is finished :)
Out of curiousity, upload /where?/ Isn't this being distributed via bittorrent?

Has to be sent to Viper so he makes the torrent first... ;)

upload's done

What it all comes down to, is that the 700MB is a little better, especially in audio.

If you have a lot of available bandwidth, you might prefer that one.

But, if the difference between the sizes of 350MB and 700MB makes a difference to you, then Vuk's is a better "deal", in terms of value per MB. :)

BTW, if you're curious, and your BT client has the ability to select only individual files from a download, then you can just download the 20MB "sample" that is included in the 700MB file this time in a special sub-folder - it's about a minute long where James drives a red car.

Status
Not open for further replies.