[07x01] November 13th, 2005

Name of song from 49.46min...

Name of song from 49.46min...

Name of song from 49.46min when James drive aston martin.

thanx very much.

bartboy9891 said:
you obviously dont know what the I-drive is like on the move. i was in my friends dad's 7 series and it was so fucking annoying just trying to mess with the stereo. Sure it was the first time that i've used it. but in the Audi A8, there is another similar type of knob that controls everything, and it isnt even close to being as confusing.

My dad has a 545i and I think BM has improved the i-drive system since the 7 series. The voice recognition works well and with one button, you can tell the system what radio preset, cd track, nav directions, and other accessories you want to have access to. It's actually pretty easy to use.

I think they went a little overboard with how complicated adjusting the settings on the M6 could be. You could actually preset your track settings in M mode and whenever you want your race settings, you just press the M button on the steering wheel. It might be a little tedious to actually adjust your M settings using the idrive, but anybody that could program their VCR could do it, and you only have to do it once. After that, whenever you want to have fun just press the M button. It's good to see that Jeremy actually liked the M6.

undien717 said:
bartboy9891 said:
You could actually preset your track settings in M mode and whenever you want your race settings, you just press the M button on the steering wheel. It might be a little tedious to actually adjust your M settings using the idrive, but anybody that could program their VCR could do it,...

Yeah, but its _not_ my damn VCR. I replace my VCR/DVD player every few years as its a consumer product. Since it has such a short useful lifespan, I deal with the poor quality human interface.

My BMW (if, say I could afford an M6) is not something I expect to have such a sh!tty HI. M cars are about driving and performance. Not G.D. gagets.

M cars: handbuilt, limited production, diver focused.

The new M5/M6 breaks all those 'classic' concepts of what the M sub-brand stands for and I think BMW will be poorer for it. It just reduces it to Audi RS style image inhancers with little to no actuall ability. Heck, the damn v8 Aston was par with the M6 at the Isle of Man. How large was the power/weight ratio between the two?!

...grumble grumble...

Its raining here.....

Ianspeed said:
undien717 said:
bartboy9891 said:
You could actually preset your track settings in M mode and whenever you want your race settings, you just press the M button on the steering wheel. It might be a little tedious to actually adjust your M settings using the idrive, but anybody that could program their VCR could do it,...

Yeah, but its _not_ my damn VCR. I replace my VCR/DVD player every few years as its a consumer product. Since it has such a short useful lifespan, I deal with the poor quality human interface.

My BMW (if, say I could afford an M6) is not something I expect to have such a sh!tty HI. M cars are about driving and performance. Not G.D. gagets.

M cars: handbuilt, limited production, diver focused.

The new M5/M6 breaks all those 'classic' concepts of what the M sub-brand stands for and I think BMW will be poorer for it. It just reduces it to Audi RS style image inhancers with little to no actuall ability. Heck, the damn v8 Aston was par with the M6 at the Isle of Man. How large was the power/weight ratio between the two?!

...grumble grumble...

Its raining here.....

Ianspeed, I agree with you to some extent. As far as the concepts go, the "real" M3 should be a CSL with an manual gearbox. Focused, stripped down to basics and driver oriented. Nowadays M cars just have a huge engine, they?re more AMG(no offense) than M Motorsports.
Are car more and more turning into very fast computers or is it just me? A true driver-oriented sportscar should have no electronic aids whatsoever. It should be balanced enough and have a suspension and chassis good enough not to need any of this!
Sorry, grumbling over.

Redliner said:
A true driver-oriented sportscar should have no electronic aids whatsoever. It should be balanced enough and have a suspension and chassis good enough not to need any of this!
Porsche understood this at least, with the GT3 RS... I can't get enough of that car. If it isn't hardcore enough for you, you can as the only maker buy a race-spec GT3 RSR direct from the racing departement.

2004_porsche_911_996_gt3_rs_17_m.jpg

Porsche%20996%20P9%20c.jpg

positive control said:
Let's not forget Lotus as well!

Those were exactly the cars that came to mind when I was writing my previous post. :thumbsup:

Redliner said:
Ianspeed, I agree with you to some extent. As far as the concepts go, the "real" M3 should be a CSL with an manual gearbox. Focused, stripped down to basics and driver oriented. Nowadays M cars just have a huge engine, they?re more AMG(no offense) than M Motorsports.
Are car more and more turning into very fast computers or is it just me?...

Glad to see I'm not the only one. This new 'bling' generation of cars / owners really gets me down. No substance.

Yeah, I think the BMW hat I saw a few days ago said it best:

"BMW M. The M is for Marketing."

:(

Hi folks,

small question: does anybody here know where I can get a music-tracklist from the show?

Thank you. :)

TF

Season Montage

Season Montage

Ok, the title is probably spelt wrong.

But at the start of this show they showed clips from the coming season. In it, there was a shot of Hamster in a car inside a fridge looking very cold, and another with him sitting in a car and being shot at.

Did I miss an episode, or were these stories not in this season.

Sorry if this has been talked about earlier I tried searching for shot, and cold etc. but I couldn't find anything.

Cheers.

^ Its been talked about like 100 times...
At least you're a good guy and don't start a new thread about it ;-)

I am looking for the full scean shown in these pictures, but I can't seem to find them.
They don't seem to be in the season at all. If you know what episode they are in please tell me ( I want to see the full scean, not just a 8 second preview ).

TG-701-1.png

TG-701-2.png

TG-701-3.png

Dygear said:
I am looking for the full scean shown in these pictures, but I can't seem to find them.
They don't seem to be in the season at all. If you know what episode they are in please tell me ( I want to see the full scean, not just a 8 second preview ).

Patient as we are now for the 101st time: this report wasn't included in the last Series, but we all hope it'll turn up somewhere somewhen in the future.