[07x03] November 27th, 2005

After reading the 1st page of this thread, I wasn't expecting much, but this episode was FANTASTIC!

Who cares about the fine details, like what exact categories each of those "supercars" fits in. Really, it doesn't matter - they all got a good review, and their all at least in a similar league. Besides, it was a lot of fun in the process.

I laughed so hard when Hammond ate the cool wall picture... And when Jeremy did his drive-by... And when the Mercedes' braking system failed... And when the cars got stuck in the carpark... And basically right through the whole episode. And, as usual, the camera work was superb.

Marty.

Nogger said:
Why was Hammond frying his clutch when he simply just couldve pressed the damn brake pedal?

Because he couldn't reach the pedals ?

I am still wondering how the Hamster managed to get the Zonda's clutch to "say uncle". :shock:

Supercar section was OK. The much-mentioned parking lot saga was most amusing, and the mutual terror and confusion when navigating Paris traffic was fantastic. One heck of a bridge.

Kudos to Ladyman for showing up. Clarkson could probably have given him more of a grilling, but I think restrained himself out of respect for the fact that the Minister actually showed up.

Wonder what Tony will make of it?

NTM

The supercar segment was entertaining, showing how these monsters cope with what regular cars face with everyday.

I would definitely call the F430 a supercar, since it's currently the second fastest production car Ferrari has ever made apart from the Enzo.

Tear...

Tear...

Who else in the states shed a tear because we aren't getting that Focus (or any good focus for that matter... the US Focus is absolute garbage).

Fantastic episode.

Here's another "did you notice" thread:

- The Ferrari F430 Spider that James drives is the same that Tiff tested on Fifth Gear (see plate)

- Jeremy's Ford is a left-hand drive (presumably they don't have RHDs)

- At 51:26 you see that Jeremy's injured his hand

Anyway, great episode :)

It seems that it's just me who thinks that this was actually really shit. Sure, funny moment getting out of the car park in Paris, and Ladyman turning up, but it does feel like they just wanted to have an autumn series, and quality took second billing.

Hope it improves with the Veyron, but I'm getting the feeling that they could've just done an episode (xmas special) with the Veyron and have full series next year. The whole series seems like an excuse to have an episode about the Veyron before FG does. Hope I'm wrong and normal service is resumed.

Terribly disappointed with the series so far.

ps
I'm not a FG fanboy

HeJo said:
- The Ferrari F430 Spider that James drives is the same that Tiff tested on Fifth Gear (see plate)

A similar but not as interesting fact:

-The red Ford GT that jeremy reviewed was the same as Car Magazine drove in september 2004.

Re: Tear...

heffergm said:
Who else in the states shed a tear because we aren't getting that Focus (or any good focus for that matter... the US Focus is absolute garbage).

Fantastic episode.
I agree the focus is garbage, that's why I didn't shed a tear. What's the difference? I heard there was going to be a turbo AWD version in europe, but that's about all I know.

heffergm said:

Fantastic episode.

I know!! I want an asbo!

But you can still get the UK setup for your US market focus via aftermarket importers. Heck, they are so cheap on the used car market right now I even want one and I never thought the interior looked any good at all.

Plus you have access to all the Ford motorsport goodies. . .

Nope. Didn't work for me either, I want a new one. Guess a hot Mazda3 is as close as we will get. :(

Gd ep, I liked the supercar bit, the car park was brilliant! Fair play to Ladyman for coming on, he must have know that people would boo him! The ST bit was good, Cant wait for the bugatti vs plane race, he said in a recent article that he drove 240mph through Europe in one, I hope it is this race!! :woot:

ezrollers said:
It seems that it's just me who thinks that this was actually really shit. Sure, funny moment getting out of the car park in Paris, and Ladyman turning up, but it does feel like they just wanted to have an autumn series, and quality took second billing.

Hope it improves with the Veyron, but I'm getting the feeling that they could've just done an episode (xmas special) with the Veyron and have full series next year. The whole series seems like an excuse to have an episode about the Veyron before FG does. Hope I'm wrong and normal service is resumed.

Terribly disappointed with the series so far.

ps
I'm not a FG fanboy

How can you possibly think this is shit if you like cars... the logic escapes me. Unless you're some dorky numbers freak who only gets kicks from looking at statistics or track readouts? Come on man, do a check on your heart, see if it's still beating ;)

undien717 said:
The supercar segment was entertaining, showing how these monsters cope with what regular cars face with everyday.

I would definitely call the F430 a supercar, since it's currently the second fastest production car Ferrari has ever made apart from the Enzo.
it isnt the second fastest production ferrari, what about the F40 and F50? And top speed wise, all the ones in production right now do just under or just over 200mph.

vanMould said:
HeJo said:

A similar but not as interesting fact:

-The red Ford GT that jeremy reviewed was the same as Car Magazine drove in september 2004.

The red Ford GT was tested in the whole Europe. It was tested by a portuguese magazine (at least one), Autocar, evo, car, TG mag, TG, FG, you name it...

bartboy9891 said:
undien717 said:

it isnt the second fastest production ferrari, what about the F40 and F50? And top speed wise, all the ones in production right now do just under or just over 200mph.
The F40 and F50 are no longer produced, thus they?re not production Ferraris.

Redliner said:
bartboy9891 said:
undien717 said:

The F40 and F50 are no longer produced, thus they?re not production Ferraris.
he said fastest production car Ferrari has ever made