[07x04] December 4th, 2005

danny, what time on the video was it? if you scroll up... you'll see all the songs listed by corresponding times. like so:

zfzfrost said:
46:12-46:50 Harry Lime Theme - The Third Man Soundtrack
47:50-48:20 Harry Lime Theme - The Third Man Soundtrack

"Nessun Dorma" is an aria from Act III, Scene 1 of the opera Turandot, with most of the music composed by Giacomo Puccini. The bit featured in the Top Gear episode might be the instrumental portion from the end of the Opera and not the Aria itself.

FYI: Thats not actually "Heroes" as done by David Bowie, but rather it is a cover by The Wallflowers. :)

Just recognised another one!

48:25 - 48:49 - Ennio Morricone - Overture (from A Fistful Of Dollars)

That is actually not a Marvin Gaye's song on 43:02 - 43:20.

It's actually Al Green's "Let's Stay Together". :)

Mikkel said:
Anybody know the song from 47:11 untill 47:47?

I'd really like to know the name of this tune as well... I have not been able to find it at all and everyone thats posted so far has left a blank spot in that location :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'd like to find that one as well. It is also heard at: 13:05 - 13:31. I'll post some audio clips later.

Also, anyone know 38:46 - 39:31??? What a groovy techno track!

I'm surprised no one got the James Brown track :)

48:58 - 49:20 - James Brown - Night Train
45:02 - 46:11 - Laurie Johnson - Animal Magic

So anyone figure out what song is playing form 47:11 untill 47:47? I cant for the life of me figure it out...

I really think Top gear should acknowledge all the songs that they use in their credits so that we dont have to play this guessing game... I really do like their choice of music that goes with each of the episodes :) ... :thumbsup: :woot: :shock:

ssreverb said:
Also, anyone know 38:46 - 39:31???
Very cool song found! It was also used recently during 8x05
38:46 - 39:31 - Cabaret Voltaire - Brutal But Clean

Also, 54:06 - 54:33 - John Murphy - Hava Nagila is incorrect. Can someone please tell me what the correct song is?

Sorry about kicking up an old thread, but does anybody have a clue what the song was when the Stig was taking the Zonda around the track? Clarkson mentioned that it was Percell or something like that.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

thamiral said:
So anyone figure out what song is playing form 47:11 untill 47:47? I cant for the life of me figure it out...

I really think Top gear should acknowledge all the songs that they use in their credits so that we dont have to play this guessing game... I really do like their choice of music that goes with each of the episodes :) ... :thumbsup: :woot: :shock:

13:05 - 13:31 - Jackson Sisters - I Believe in Miracles
47:11 - 47:47 - Jackson Sisters - I Believe in Miracles

I wanted to know the song to when hammond is driving the zonda when i saw an episode on UKTV Gold. I've seen it as the pirates of the caribbean song on here as it, but i downloaded and it definitely is not the song that is the music i am hearing.

It is also the same music i hear in Series 7 episode 2, when clarkson is racing a mountain climber, i hear the music when the guy is climbing the mountain, it's very instrumental.

Anyone know who it is by?

By the way, the song i am on about is the one after the laurent garner one, but it's definitely not to the pirates cave that is playing.

So does anybody know the music i mean?

also it is played when clarkson is racing lee houlden up the mountain, if it helps i watched the episodes on UKTV gold (think it's gold)

14.00ish (Sorry I'm a Uk TV viewer)

(Heavy Guitar Music - Just after they left Bristol in the "?10k supercars")

Hawkwind - Silver Machine

That's...

12:10 - 12:31 - Hawkwind - Silver Machine

Also

Link Wray - Rumble finishes at 9.27

10:29 - 12:48 ? Should not be there - it's silent until Roxy music at 11:20

UKTV version

UKTV version

Just before the Maserati Merak engine disintegrates, the following plays:

"Swivel 'n' Spin" by Blues Saraceno from extrememusic.com XCD087 Garage Rock CD

It's also the music UKTV use for their "Monday.. Tuesday.. Wednesday.. Thursday and Friday" theme-night adverts.

Last edited: