[08x01] May 7th, 2006

I think it was just a perfect episode I really liked it and laughed as hell , it was really entertaining but one thing I have to comment on, is that they are loosing focus on the purpose of the show I mean that?s a car review show sure it got to be entertaining but not that much. They have to focus more on the car information and reviews more than bringing a dog and shopping of the roof of a van??? and that?s the key difference between fifth gear an d top gear fifth gear is 90% information and 10 Entertainment top gear is 30 information and 70 entertainment, don?t get me wrong I still love top gear though!!!

That dog did not look happy, mind you I wouldn't be if I was half poodle.

I was worried about wether change would make the new series rubbish, but I haven't laughed so much. Don't know if they actually did set fire to the car wash but it was good anyway.

watto said:
Izari said:
they need to put more supercars and hypercars on the show...
not the NISSAN MICRA
:yucky: +

You're really being a cock with some of your comments.

Top Gear caters for everyone, not just millionaires who can afford super/hypercars. Yes, the majority of cars they test are super dooper fast and super dooper expensive but imagine how small the viewing audience would be if they didnt test the likes of the Focus, Golf, Peugeots, Citroens, Vauxhalls.

Who cares if they tested the Micra. It was a bit of fun and hey, some young girl wanting a first car may have seen this and said "who cares what they think? I want one!"

Top Gears job is to let people dream (show supercars) and let people decide (show down to earth cars).

Exacly.

Most of us will never get a chance to drive a supercar, not to mention owning one. More people are intrested in real life cars. Thats how Fith Gear is popular.

That Micra is actually a good car, not the best, but a really good car for young drivers. Shame it was pink though :lol: .

But all in all, that was a fantastic episode. The Espace bits were fantastic.

If someone hasnt seen it yet, make sure ou watch the repeat tonight on BBC2 at 7PM. :thumbsup:

As big a fan of TG as I am, I must say that if TG crew are going to review normal cars, they should at least do it properly. Compare TG's civic review vs FG's civic review. FG is so much more informative and better. TG does almost everything else better, but I feel like I am starting to convert to more of a FG fan. Also, TG should quit on a high, or you will have fans bitching about how it sucks.

Is there an http download for this episode? I can't torrent from my current location.

Did any 1 notice that many of the audience are HOT! And whats up with the guy in the wheel chair?

mizofatso said:
Did any 1 notice that many of the audience are HOT! And whats up with the guy in the wheel chair?
Handicapped people like cars too.

The only thing I found odd was he had 'parked' pointing away from where the presenters were standing/talking :p

It was an epic episode an i laughed my ass off, damn. The part with the Espace was better then the part of the Heaven and Hell dvd, there the car just brakes in half :)
Richard with the bag above his head was also very funny.
But i have a few remarks, i thought the studio looked a bit too flashy, i liked the old one more.
The new RPC system is not as good as the old one i think, becuz if you make one error in ur timed lap ur down the ranking just like Carr.
He is a very good driver and he is on the bottom :|
The dog is a bit pointless, but on the otherhand im happy there isn't a new presentator. These 3 are just the best, a new guy or women just wouldn't fit in. :)

Brilliant episode... Then again, nobody here has had a shot of fresh TG in months, so we're probably just a bunch of junkies enjoying their first drugs after a long dry period :)

Don't really like the new bits and pieces in the studio sadly. The doggy is funny though... Really seemed bored most of the time, but it does add some more life to the otherwise sterile studio.

What's with that UGLY pink number... Argh! My mate loves pink, calls me in the middle of the frigging night shouting about the ugly 'thing'. He loved it (yes, HE loved it... *shiver*).

Fun episode though. Glad they're back!

Old Stig?

Old Stig?

Anyone else think the "Well Spoken Man" was the old stig? Black suit and all?

and was James REALLY wearing Bell-Bottoms?

kekekeke said:
As big a fan of TG as I am, I must say that if TG crew are going to review normal cars, they should at least do it properly. Compare TG's civic review vs FG's civic review. FG is so much more informative and better. TG does almost everything else better, but I feel like I am starting to convert to more of a FG fan. Also, TG should quit on a high, or you will have fans bitching about how it sucks.

Iam absolutely with you.

Re: Old Stig?

Re: Old Stig?

Dj8jonesy said:
Anyone else think the "Well Spoken Man" was the old stig? Black suit and all?

Have you actually bothered to read this thread at all?

The 'well soken man' was James Hewitt (as I said back on page 4) whereas the old stig was Perry McCarthy.

Great start, looking forward to the coming eps.

For me, TG is more about the entertainment than the usual roadtest stuff, so I'm not missing the usual bla :)

Have you actually bothered to read this thread at all?

The 'well soken man' was James Hewitt (as I said back on page 4) whereas the old stig was Perry McCarthy.

albeit new to this thread I have read it... all i am inquiring is to the possibility of James Hewitt having a role as the old stig... I can say I've never heard of Perry McCarthy...

If someone hasnt seen it yet, make sure ou watch the repeat tonight on BBC2 at 7PM. :thumbsup:

How late is that in CET?