[08x03] May 21th, 2006

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Disucss it if you've seen it.

And no, this is not the place to ask when it'll be out or how fast you're downloading it at.

Hilarious. Que slagging off fir not having enough "car stuff" in it, but you cannot deny that this is ultimate car related entertainment. Star in the car is a bit pants (i.e. rubbish) but overall a good solid episode. Helped by the fact I'm of the nautical persuasion myself, though James went doen in my estimation slagging off sailing! He's still pretty high though!

p.s. First post!

-buy your dog a pair of Doggles :lol:
-The news were a bit too short but enough to know what Jeremy thinks about the new corsa .
-The boat part was the best of all . Hammster with his piece of WV junk not able to climb a moud.The End was just typical but I really thought this Hilux would start up .
This Exige is SWEET especially in white!
the cool wall was a good part too , Jeremy interacted a lot with the audience.

but when is the C6 going to be review?

^A bit pants?
I'm going to assume that is a negative quality, but could someone translate that post for those of us not from Wales?

geoff_a_pult said:
^A bit pants?
I'm going to assume that is a negative quality, but could someone translate that post for those of us not from Wales?

A bit pants is a UK-wide thing...means not very good. Pants being, of course, your undergarments, and not your trousers. :p

Sorry, I do use a bit too much slang in my language! Translation added!

Tonights episode was superb! :lol:

Soooo damn funny, i've gotta get my hands on some of the quotes off tonights episode. I wept tears when the boat Toyboata tipped over :lol: oh my...

I know again there wasn't much in the way of car reviews, but it really doesn't matter it was BRILLIANT.

This episode was hilarious. The amphibian item was the best ever. I thought Hammond's houseboat seemed like it deserved the most points for effort. It did actually look like a boat (and it sank very well too), while the Toybota looked like Toyoto hauling a very large (comically so) engine. Still, the thing made one hell of a wake. That was a sight seeing it tear through the waves. And then the mellowdrama when it capsized. Absolutely side splitting! I was in tears.

(Transport 2000 says "Look at the disturbance to the waterline Top Gear have caused! Ban this programme! Viewers might be encouraged to sink their cars in local reservoirs!")

Have no idea who the celebrity was though.

Did anyone else notice how Top Gear Dog disappeared in the middle of the news?

Glom said:
Have no idea who the celebrity was though.

Philip Glenister, from very possibly one of the best TV shows to come out of the UK in years, Life On Mars.

Having said that, Americans probably wouldn't get it, as it's very British-culture-of-the-70s oriented.

Have they raced the Exige S against a Mustang (Which one?). I suppose the Lotus was much faster than the Ford. I don't understand that comparison

1: only one car review? what?
2: where was the Koenigsegg? (we have pictures of it in the studio with the wing and all..)
3: sounded like the Hilux had a problem with the fuel..

i found my self asking ... was that it? when it was done..

quality and so on

NeoXY said:
Dins said:

I always wanted to know..what is the difference betwen the 700MB one and the 450MB one that the site offers here? Other than the obvious size difference...(quality and so on)

350mb here...

Loved today's episode. I know only lotus review but god those amphibian cars really brought fun to me. And notice, every episode now they try to do something thinking its very easy and ending up failing.

i cried laughing watching this one... :D

350mb but 425mb now, almost the same quality as 700 but smaller, perfectly cut and no errors

Glom said:
This episode was hilarious. The amphibian item was the best ever. I thought Hammond's houseboat seemed like it deserved the most points for effort. It did actually look like a boat (and it sank very well too), while the Toybota looked like Toyoto hauling a very large (comically so) engine. Still, the thing made one hell of a wake. That was a sight seeing it tear through the waves. And then the mellowdrama when it capsized. Absolutely side splitting! I was in tears.

I thought Hammond's was such a good idea....in theory. I was crawling on the floor haughing when he struggled to get up a gentle slope when he pulled away at those light's. and whehe stalled and shouted for help from JC, and Jeremy just drove off. And when he was towed by JC, also James saying (After he broke down, and got going again) he was starting off again and was going faster then ever, only for us to find out he was on the back of a Tow Truck....AGAIN (Remenber him and that Black Lambo last series)

Best bit was after Hamster had sunk, JC was circleing him.

RH: HELP
JC: How much is it worth?
RH: 1 Million Pounds.

And when he got picked up they roared off with the Miami Vice Theme Playing, just fantastic :thumbsup:

i miss the 350mb filesize ones :(
the 425 or whatever mb one is such an ugly non standard number ;)

My god what a funny episode. The Lotus piece was just beautifully filmed. The car boat thing was epic. And when we thought the challanges were getting old...

Best of season 7 and 8 by far. I think. I almost died from laughter.

zimu said:
i miss the 350mb filesize ones :(
the 425 or whatever mb one is such an ugly non standard number ;)
10 episodes (a usual run) fits nicely on a DVD. ;)