[08x03] October 24th, 2005

Shawn_230 said:
Alhough Tiff is too blind with the McLaren... I think Clarkson is a lot more open minded about it.

well. He reckons the McLaren is overrated. And especially for the cost.

Anyway. Fuck off all you "stop bitching" people. This is a forum. This is our only refuge in which we can vent all the anger and hate without having to say it to the face of the creators of the show. Here we compare our opinions and spew out the misery of a bad segment. I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BITCH AND MOAN. May the bitch moan.eeerh?

You have nothing better to do than watch a TV show then come online immediately to find faults with it?

Venting here instead of venting in the face of Tiff? You actually get so worked up that Channel 5 doesn't produce a good-enough program that you actually feel the need to go to England and vent in the face of the FG people? Get a life.

Well blame the camera team and the production budget for not properly covering the 24 hr race (could've been much better in my view). I love it when Tiff runs short of breath during hard driving (remember the F1 drive in the last episode and the M5 driving on the race track in the last series), just shows how much of an adrenaline rush he gets while driving. But I don't understand why Jason doesn't do the shootouts and the races rather than VBH. No offense to VBH but I think Jason is a better driver. Or is it because he refused to run the race for free (after all living in Monaco is not cheap)

Wow. First time with fifth gear I find myself positively surprised! I really like that guy who reviewed the Bentley. He has a nice voice and has some of that required charisma. And he doesn't seem so bloody arrogant as Plateu.
It was a very good review I think.

Plateau... hahahahahahahaha! Sorry, I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I laughed for a good while.

Yeah, I've always liked Tom Ford... since I saw him review the 6-Series, where he kept rubbing against the car and showed the neat trick where the ass of the 645Ci looked exactly like that of a Porsche 911 when the bootlid was lifted.

Yeah, Tom rocks and is so funny. I especially love his Panda vs. Range Rover review.

They DID get to drive the Koenigsegg and they didn't like it. A as I have always said, this car is still on the prototype stage. There is way to little testing done. Even a retailer said you bought a car in development. Mr. Koenigsegg gets people to pay for for testing his cars, nice scheme.. What a aweful car.

And it makes you wonder why they didn't test it the next day. Maybe they couldn't fix it in time or maybe they weren't allowed when the representatives from Sweden had a chat with Tiff and heard his opinion.

Tiff knows somethint about great handling cars like the Mclaren is.

Jeremy knows nothing about those kind of stuff.
Which is why he thinks it's overrated when he cant even get 50% out of the car if he drives it.

The CCR was too unstable to be a good car that corners well.

I bet if it was TG having that CCR you would be all saying what a shit car and blah blah blah.

Hey, hold on!
On the CCR review, Tiff said the CC8S was N/A. I tought both the CC8S and the CC8R had superchargers. :?

First of all, i think some people know that i love jermey clarckson... nuf said...

But i enjoyed this episode...

Only gripe i have.... is that...

REVIEWS seem too DAMN SHORT!

where top gear seems to go on for ages...

This show finishes all the time prematurily.....

It seems that its rushed all the time....

Yup it might say its one hour long... but its still 15 minutes shy off top gear...

There was four segmants in the show? if each had 4 minutes extra... i think it wouldave made it a better show ;) hehe

Oh and it was a falcon in the 24 hour race.. :D

Good show, overall.. i think its getting better.. but things seem TOO rushed..

The problem with the CCR is that its owned by some1, which means that he has probably f****d about with suspension settings. It has to be since the old one which TG tested was spot on.

Scud said:
Tiff knows somethint about great handling cars like the Mclaren is.

Jeremy knows nothing about those kind of stuff.
Which is why he thinks it's overrated when he cant even get 50% out of the car if he drives it.

The CCR was too unstable to be a good car that corners well.

I bet if it was TG having that CCR you would be all saying what a shit car and blah blah blah.
you know that the F1 isnt a handling marvel right? The thing that puts JC off of the F1 is.....the F40. And he even said once that the F50 could go through a corner with much less roll than even a McLaren F1, so that means that he's driven the F1 enough to know what its like.

I am quite a Koenigsegg fan, and I am very dissapointed in the CCR test. Not only did Tiff judge it without doing a proper test, he also took McLarens part, picked on the looks and left before he could do a new test.

The Koenigsegg may very well be unreliable, and I'm not to surprised that it broke down. But when Tiff and that other guy (who btw would melt in perfectly in LotR) talked about it, they made it sound like the car was an absolute piece of shit, and I do not believe that that is true!

I still look up to Christian von Koenigsegg. 12 years ago, he had nothing but a dream, and now he is the father of the fastest car in the world (Yeah, I know it's been beaten, but those 387km/h were run in a curve. He'll be back). His path is just...admirible!

Redliner said:
Hey, hold on!
On the CCR review, Tiff said the CC8S was N/A. I tought both the CC8S and the CC8R had superchargers. :?

He's wrong. The CC8S was supercharged as well. The CCR (there's no 8 in there btw) has got another supercharger which boosts 1.4 bar instead of the 1.0 bars in the CC8S. Read more about it here: http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/engineering.asp?engineering=2

You're right... Jason Plateau would fit perfectly in the Lord of the Rings universe.