[08x08] July 30th, 2006

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
You know the rules - no download discussion, asking when it'll be out, etc. ;)

yeah i agree a bit of a weid episode, laughed my head off at the carry falling over with hammond in it, a genuine LOL moment

sadly no bugatti around the track this season too

as ever i look forward to the next ep, no matter how far away it is

Quick Question re this episode. Well actually just before it. The BBC bod was telling us that Top Gear was about to start, and that they were testing vans out, and then he said "Someone write Clean Me on it."

I took this as the humourous quip anout vans getting dirty and having "normally" rude messages drawn in the dirt

Though on another foum they think it was a mistake by the BBC guy who didnt turn his mic off.

Your thoughts please

i think theres no bugatti b/c theres no reason for bugatti to give top gear a car to mess around with if they already sold all their veyrons and since top gear has already messed with one of their bugattis. remember how clarkson said the bugatti will lap the track when bugatti gives them a car.

kinda let down by the ep, realli wanted to see the reliant robin oh well, but at least the white van challange was good.

but hey top gear is back in the autumn for season NINE. yeah... october.

october isnt that far off come to think of it, its just like a WC break times 2. i mean just august and september and its back to TG :mrgreen:

The studio must have been broiling. Everyone and their mother were sweating in there.

Also, it feels like the three episodes after the World Cup were not quite as good as the ones before. Not to say they were bad, but it seems like the last three didn't have quite as much thought and energy put into them.

None the less, can't wait for series 9 come this fall!

i liked the ep, shame about the no news bit as i like that but the white van challenge was great hammond flipping was hillarious

Being a stagehand/roadie myself, I was rather pleased to see the first part of the van segment. I found myself reading the flight cases and actually knowing what the heck they meant, and seeing lights and sound equipment that I knew too, which is cool considering its probably a little different over the pond. Not a whole lot, since like cars, the British make all the best concert and theater equipment, second only to possibly the germans, but their stuff is also like their cars and tends to be over engineered and kinda boring.

I actually enjoyed most of the episode, even if it seemed a bit disjointed. Jezza kind took a poo on Jenson, but he kinda does that to the F1 guys, and its all in good fun. I was excited to see Button on, mostly because this is the first time I have really watched an F1 season in full, and I've been rooting for Jenson alot since he seems to have really bad luck. The M15 was cool, and the last van segment was another fine "top gear challenge" and held up well to the other "buy a cheap car and do funny stuff to it". Anyways, I thought it was a good end to the series, even if it was a bit more dull then some of the other eps. Just leaves you wanting more and waiting eagerly for October to come (double plus for me since thats when my birthday is too). Just think on the bright side, the World Rally Championship starts back up soon and will tide ya over till Top Gear is back on.

JH

at the end Credits....

Presented by...
LEE clarkson
WAYNE hammond
TERRY may

..did i miss a joke

I rather liked the episode, although I'm hesitant to think that Hammond would be dumb enough to roll it like that, but it did seem like it was him in there...

It started a bit dull with the modern van bit, but got better when Hammond reviewed that Noble. Very nice car indeed that.
The white van challenge... that was hysterical. The best bit was ofc when hamsters car rolled. :lol:

It started a bit dull with the modern van bit, but got better when Hammond reviewed that Noble. Very nice car indeed that.
The white van challenge... that was hysterical. The best bit was ofc when hamsters car rolled.
Yup, that sums it up pretty well. Starting out with big 'ol vans isn't exactly a welcome entrance to a show called "Top Gear" ;)

The Noble M15 review was fantastic -- back to Top Gear at it's finest.

The vans for 1000 pounds was better than some of the previous (and obviously rigged) challanges in this series. When Hammond rolled that van wow! :lol: What made it even funnier is that he kept going on about the "F1 mid-engined style layout" and the "Scandinavian Flick" that caused the roll-over. The challenges like this are becomming a bit overdone, but this one was entertaining!

The lack of news was dissapointing, and I hope they bring back the cool wall soon!

LEE clarkson
WAYNE hammond
TERRY may
Maybe some van drivers' inside joke?

Jezza kind took a poo on Jenson, but he kinda does that to the F1 guys, and its all in good fun.
I was surprised that Jenson didn't defend himself more when JC jokingly insulted his track record (something about not winning anything). He did just get forth place at Hockenheimring the other day. Sure, he didn't win, but forth ain't bad out of 20sh drivers.

World Rally Championship starts back up soon and will tide ya over till Top Gear is back on.
Ah...then they'll have some good news to talk about and more race drivers to make fun of :D

Beginning bit was boring. They made a bit with 'The Who' boring. That takes talent.

There is plenty of news so what the problem was that they spent too long chatting up with an F1 driver, which was also slightly boring for a person that doesn't follow or care about F1. If it was any other motorsport I would have been more interested.

Noble M15 great car, could have used a more direct comparison with a 911 though. Especially since Hammond has a 911.

The Van Challenge though was absolutely great. I was falling down laughing through most of it. I especially liked the Captain Slow tailgating, or lack there of. The challenge really rescued the show.

Martin

epp_b said:

Really? I thought The Who segment was awesome. Great vidography with an added _drag race_ between May and JC. Hillarious. The conversation over breakfast was great too. I was actually laughing out loud during most of this show.

The white van challenge... that was hysterical. The best bit was ofc when hamsters car rolled.

...The Noble M15 review was fantastic -- back to Top Gear at it's finest.

The vans for 1000 pounds was better than some of the previous (and obviously rigged) challanges in this series

Yes yes and yes! Noble is rapidly becoming one of my favorite car companies. Ever since the interview with EVO magazine, I've been a fan but this new car really is sensational.

The scandinavian flick was funny, but if your remember, the mid engine MPV that RH's van is based on was used in the MPV Racing Challenge. They nicked it the Sky Hopper (If I remember right) for its dangerious hopping during cornering. I doubt it was totally unexpected.

Still, The Stig with the parking brake turn to stop JC?! Awesome.

This episode really brought back my faith in Top Gear. The last few shows really bothered me with their lack of quality. Rigged things are ok as long its not blindingly obvious that it was rigged.

"oh no, I have a grease fire... oh no. " Suuuuuure JC.

Yay for Top Gear! I'll be ready with the popcorn for season Nine!!