[08x10] December 12th, 2005

driedees said:
Tiff's wife owns the ML, he's got an E39 M5 IIRC.

The Fifth Gear website says he owns an E60 545i..maybe an M5 too??

Overall, the show was pretty good...but car of the year is the Boxster :?

This is the apparent editing mistake that I was talking about in my earlier post. This is when Jason was talking about the nominated 3 Series. You can see a Zonda F superimposed in the edit. This had to be an editing mistake that got by. Timecode is 37:54.

pic1.jpg

I personally think the Gallardo is better proportioned than the Murcielago, but again, it's opinion, and I know people who agree, and people who don't.

And I do think I overall like the F430 better than the Gallardo. I didn't say otherwise before, I just think it's silly for them to make such a subjective statement in such a definitive manner about two cars that are both gorgeous.

Kebab gud said:
Shawn_230 said:
I can't believe Tiff has an ML320... he of all people.
do you really think that the ML is Tiffs only car?

by the way .. i like jeremys family car .. XC90 (used to be a Toyota Landcrusier 100/amazon)
remember he sold the XC90, and made a profit on it!

@ Mally Dangerous, nice spotting. It just shows how much Plato loves the Zonda... I rewatched it and it was clearly visible, not something to easily miss for a production team. Maybe it's some kind of subliminal message....

I have only seen the Gallardo SE test and I think it was pretty good, just like a review has to be.

a very very good ep IMO. the best of the season possibly.

Definitely a great episode, enjoyed it thouroughly. I did like Plato's Gallardo test and just loved the Boxster v Z4 at the end. Definitely better than this week's TopGear for sure!

I don't know why the Boxster v. Z4 went on for like 10 minutes... they'd already aired that segment.

can somebody confirm that you can't turn off esp completely on the gallardo? man that would hurt me. Maybe he's forgetting to hold the button for a few seconds, or there's a trick somehow (like the slk) to actually turn it off? I never thought audi would have made its permenant-traction-control rule onto the lambo.

Shawn_230 said:
So is the Gallardo SE totally pointless? Is there not one thing that it has over the '06 Gallardo?

Well, it has the amazing fuel burning at the exhaust effect going for it (Which I think should be standard in every car). :thumbsup:

Yeah, nice Need for Speed feeling...

tloekke said:
This episode was quite good, I liked Plato's review of the Gallardo SE, and Tiff's car speed-dating. Vicky wasn't around that much, and I found that somewhat enjoyable.
Tom really cracks me up, at the awards he's wearing a blazer and cargo pants, something I only thought Clarkson could do and his comment after the Gallardo segment "I'm not a racing driver and I hate you all!" :lol:
(The Plato should be an award for people that buys crummy used cars....)
Indeed. Tom rules. :lol: :thumbsup:

Hey!!! a surprisingly good episode specially after a lame TG ep. on Sunday. For the first time, I liked Plato's review which was thorough and complete. I like it when reviewers find faults in car and vocalize their gripes rather than sounding like a company PR man.

Awards were good but I was hoping they will put in some fun segments like the worst car of the year, the most pointless technology introduced or the wierdest design. That would make the awards segment more enjoyable.

Nice ep.

Gotta win that Boxster. :D

boafan said:
can somebody confirm that you can't turn off esp completely on the gallardo? man that would hurt me. Maybe he's forgetting to hold the button for a few seconds, or there's a trick somehow (like the slk) to actually turn it off? I never thought audi would have made its permenant-traction-control rule onto the lambo.

That's just fucking stupid. Come on, it was not until when the car pretty much had all the wheels in the air when the ESP interfered. You can go berzerk with that car and the ESP won't do a thing until you are going to die.

Jason was an ass making a such big deal about it. But the episode was still pretty neat.

SR71 said:
Awards were good but I was hoping they will put in some fun segments like the worst car of the year, the most pointless technology introduced or the wierdest design. That would make the awards segment more enjoyable.

You're right, then it would me more like the awards TG also has.

I liked the episode and I also echo the sentiment towards Tom Ford. He is a very funny guy.

I also don't mind Bentley's segments in general and was happy with Plato's review. You could tell that he really wanted to love it but he just couldn't get over the few faults the car had.