[09x01] January 28th, 2007

I think the episode was a bit dull overall. My favorite bit was the roadworks. The Aston v Jag was a bit unusual and I wasnt too keen on the music. Far from Clarksons best reviews. 5/10
No news - sad. Thats one of the best bits of the show.
They should have made an own 30min show just about the crash, and made the first episode in a more classic, well-known, top gear-style.

My thoughts.

hello there, i'm a new member...would love to watch the new season of top gear but the fu**ing ISP of mine is currently blocking p2p connection to maximize the bandwidth..this measure will go on till the cables in Taiwan are fixed...used to use Azureus to download TopGear n watch but i can't do the same now...:-( :-( fellas out there,,any idea?

you might get lucky on allfg.org

That XKR looks like a ford taurus from the front and those guiles on the side make it look cheap, the previous one was way better looking. And admitting it's put together with cheap materials by a struggling company then saying it's better than anything from BMW or Mercedes is classic Jeremy rationalizing his way into a conclusion which puts British cars in a class of their own.

And devoting 21 minutes to road word is completely un-Top Gear but it's good to see Hammond back.

anyone notice the bumper sticker in the vampire?

"never drive faster than your angels can fly"

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. I liked the roadwork, and Jeremy with his megaphone. The crash footage left me amazed at how lucky Richard really was, and how quickly it all happened. I didn't notice the sticker, as Blythy said, but I'll check it out.

Mmh, pretty much anything said about this ep.

Did anyone mention so far, that the Aston looked fantastic with those greyish wheels?

Look a few quotes up...I sure did. They looked brilliant. Gorgeous car. Just might be the best grill in the business.:mrgreen:

I think the episode was a bit dull overall. My favorite bit was the roadworks. The Aston v Jag was a bit unusual and I wasnt too keen on the music. ...My thoughts.

No love for the Usuall Suspects? :) I loved the music choices... I think this will be a great season.

Epp wasnt the best, nothing stood out, the odd laugh, but nothing like the amphibious vehicles of old :)

oh well, much better stuff to come from the previews.

Reading some of the comments, I think some of you have too high of standard for TG. This ep did not suck. It's good, although I agree it's not great. The Jag segment was great. And as someone mentioned, they probably cut out the news and cool wall for the crash segment, so it seems like the road work segment took up the whole show.

I loved the episode, after that long a wait, anything is exciting, even if it were shit.....i would have still loved it.

I missed the "News" in the latest Episode of Top Gear. Does anybody of you know why they left it out?
Kind regards!

They probably temporarily replaced the news section with Hammond's crash, something that probably won't happen again.

Welcome to the forum.

No News - because of the crash

No News - because of the crash

Thanks. :)
That's what I thought too. Probably there was just not enough time for the news. I really hope they return, because they were always very informative.
Thanks for the answer.
Kind regards.

There have been better episodes in the past, that's true.

But after such a long wait i'm glad to have had my little shot of pure TopGear , insteed of those wanabees @ Fifthgear

specially liked the roadworks too, haha i'm still laughing

is it Jeremy Clarkson or "Barkson" ???

:D

hello there, i'm a new member...would love to watch the new season of top gear but the fu**ing ISP of mine is currently blocking p2p connection to maximize the bandwidth..this measure will go on till the cables in Taiwan are fixed...used to use Azureus to download TopGear n watch but i can't do the same now...:-( :-( fellas out there,,any idea?
Try the HTTP downloads: http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=16394

Hear, hear!

The cars should be the number one focus of the show! They've proven that they can have just as much 'car content' as Fifth Gear and still blow Fifth Gear out of the water in terms of humour and entertainment.

There are plenty of shows for people who want a laugh but not so many shows for petrolheads. And only one 'petrolhead' show has every really been worth watching...

1) Nail
2) Head. :mrgreen:

Watched the episode last night. Great episode.

Did anyone else notice... I think Jamie Oliver did a power slide on Gambon corner... on purpose! :blink: :lol:

He was trying to tell Jeremy "look at this part".